main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March Madness 2010 - Live Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by DarthIntegral, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Nice. Any particular episodes?

Butler is just running away in this game.

Has anybody else tried the MMOD high quality settings? They're worse than regular settings on my monitor. o_O

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't think it was THAT big of a surprise, really. Though Syracuse did lose an exhibition game [face_laugh]

And the next round of games has started now! UNLV and Northern Iowa (what I dubbed the "Coin Flip Game") are underway :)

Butler-UTEP isn't quite over yet... but with Butler up 16 and a minute to go, it might as well be :p

EDIT: and now Kentucky-East Tennessee State is underway. Go, East Tennessee State! I don't know what your mascot is, but I'm pulling for you!

3. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, it looks like the Kentucky-E Tenn St game is just about over. That didn't take very long :p

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Second wave of games underway, and I finally got the computer back from Mrs. Inty and a second wave of food started.

Current games:

Northern Iowa-UNLV

Pick: NIU
    Cheering for: NIU

Best case scenario: entertainment is all I want here

ETSU-Kentucky

Pick: UK
    Cheering for: ETSU

Best case scenario: Kentucky waits to celebrate until AFTER they win this time, not just upon tying it up

Ohio-Georgetown

Pick: Georgetown
    Cheering for: Ohio

Best case scenario: Ohio, running a similar system to Ohio State, exposes holes that Matta can expose later in the tournament.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Ohio looking good in the early going.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ohio looking very good early.

The seven-foot center for Northern Iowa is looking pretty good, too. Well, was, before he had to sit. He's a tall, lumbering, slow, seven-foot white guy who can do well against inferior competition. Somewhere, Isaiah Thomas wants a team to hire him, so he can draft him a build a team around him.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    So basically Kenny George, except 7 inches shorter.

:p

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ohio by 12 right now. Wow.

Could we see an green-clad double-digit team from Ohio pull an upset a in the first round again this year?

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't know, but it would be the end of my bracket. :oops:

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    C'mon Bobcats! Up 12 at the half! Georgetown looks listless. No passion at all.

'Nova looked bad earlier, Notre Dame lost to ODU ... I thought the big east sucked at Football?

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    [face_laugh] Best conference in America in basketball, or so they claim.

Of course, I can still talk - ACC hasn't played a game yet :p

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Washington looking pretty good against Marquette, too. Makes me think I overvalued the Big East when I filled out my bracket.

Oh well. Hopefully Louisville represents and knocks off Duke (assuming Pine Bluff doesn't beat them to it)

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Marquette and Washington are close early.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    What's everyone doing for food/snacks during the games?

I made two pots of chili -- one traditional, one cincy style -- and have been having them a bunch of different ways. Up to four variations so far, with tonight and three full days to go.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

You sir.................................are correct.:p

2008-2009 L.A. Lakers: World Champions!:cool:

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Just normal meals and snacks for me. :(

The way the Big East is going, Cal might take care of Louisville for Duke :p

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I wouldn't be shocked to see Louisville get knocked out first round, and i wouldn't be shocked to see them go to the Final Four. That's the kind of team they've been this year.

Two very good games right now. Ohio-G'Town for the upset potential, and UNI-UNLV for the back-and-forthness of it all.

18. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Not liking how Georgetown is looking right now.

I'm hoping Washington can pick off Marquette, and that Northern Iowa can get this game under control.

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I had Georgetown taking out Kansas. Boy, does that look like a dumb, dumb pick right now.

20. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    I only had Georgetown winning one more game, so I'm displeased, but not crippled by it.

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Georgetown back in single digits!

22. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    I am shocked.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ohio starting to fade a little bit. Lead down to seven, 4:20 to play .... defense getting suspect, shot selection more suspect. [face_worried]

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    back to 10 now, though. [face_worried]

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    This OU-GTown game is amazingly similar to CSU-Wake last year. Underdog, Ohio team, wearing green jumps to big lead, making a lot of threes, something they haven't done all year, and hold off late charge ... hopefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.