main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena March Madness 2013 Live Chat

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Mar 21, 2013.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    And Sparty ROLLS to the Sweet Sixteen. Just a dominating performance. Tom Izzo might be the best tournament coach ever.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Louisville - Colorado State has tipped

The Pick: Louisville
    Rooting for: I guess my local team
    Hoping for: Good basketball. The Camera panning to horribly distraught and near-suicide Kentucky fans.

yankee8255 likes this.
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm kind of glad my bracket is in ruins because it means i can root against louisville even though they're my pick to win it all.

4. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yuck. This Louisville defense is just suffocating Colorado State. Not looking good for the Rams.

Harvard-Arizona is about to tip.

The Pick: Well, I had New Mexico beating Belmont. I don't see that happening.
    Rooting for: Harvard
    Hoping for: Cinderella to keep on dancing.

5. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Colorado St. is falling apart.

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I was so bored by the two blowouts going on, I missed that Oregon-Saint Louis tipped off.

The pick: Saint Louis
    Rooting for: Saint Louis

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    C'mon guys. Don't tell me I'm the only one watching the games tonight.

Butler-Marquette in a B1G style slugfest
    Wichita State rocking Gonzaga early.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm watching. Glued to Marquette-Butler. Think this could potentially be the game of the tournament.

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Oregon does not look like a 12-seed at all. Utter domination. The Sweet 16 matchup with Louisville looks to be pretty, well, sweet.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm glued to Gonzaga-Wichita, mesmerized by the prospect of the West Region losing their 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7 on opening weekend.

Edit: Oregon may have been the worst seeding job EVER in the tournament.

11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm watching Marquette - Butler. We had another elbow/technical call. While it's the letter of the law, it really needs to be re-evaluated after the tournament.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I've got Butler - Marquette on the TV and Gonzaga-Wichita on the laptop. This Marquette performance is making me even more sad that we lost out on the Ohio State-Marquette game to start the year. Would have been a really fun game.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. They had a bad run before the Pac-12 tourney, but a 12 seed is an insult. Looks like they took it as such, they're running my sleeper final four team off the court..

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Oregon's offense vs. Lousville's defense is very juicy matchup in the Sweet 16. Can't wait to see those two collide.

Gonzaga had a nice run to pull within five at halftime. Good news about halftime means I can stop dividing attention between two great games.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I really want Butler to win this.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Damn. Not looking good for Butler right now.

edit: and just like that, looking okay for Butler

edit2: and back to looking really bad for Butler. What the hell was that shot?

edit3: WTF is up with the end of this game?

edit4: Wow. Butler with another horrible shot to lose the game. Horrible end of game from both sides.

17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep...I'm pretty disappointed that Butler wasn't able to pull it out. The shooter's feet got tangled up with a defender's at the very end, but there was some poor shot selection down the stretch from the Bulldogs.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yahoo reporting Howland out.

19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Marquette was giving that game away, but Butler couldn't get a solid shot off.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    And Jamie Dixon not going anywhere, extended at Pitt though 2023. Guess they thought UCLA may come after another one of their coaches.

No Butler. Now I'm all in for Wichita.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Tangent:

Those Capital One Charles Barkley commercials? Awesome.

That Axe Astronaut commercial? Not so much.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The Barkley commercials where he's the IT guy are awesome too. He's hilarious.

Cmon Wichita.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Shockers up 7 with less than 40 seconds. Should be game ...

24. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I am thoroughly hoping that Wichita State wins here. I actually just got home from a friend's place; he's picked Wichita State as making it to the final four, so he is very pleased with this possibility.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Wow. Zaga answers two missed free throws with two missed free throws.