main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY March Meet and Eat

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    What a short month! It?s already time to start thinking about a Meet and Eat for March. Mid-month puts us around Monday the 14th or Monday the 21st. Maybe something closer to St Patty?s day? Although I don?t think we would want to go out on the craziness of the 17th, maybe we want to mix it up a little and get together on Friday the 18th while everyone else is still nursing their hangovers? I?ll also take suggestions where everyone would like to go.

Debate and discuss?

2. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    I have a place to suggest.... What was the name of the place off of Hurstbourn Ln, close to Taylorsville Rd., that was a steak joint? They had the best salad with steak in it that I've ever had. We've only been there once, and Mindtwister was with us that time. Can anyone recall the name? If I hear it, I'll know it. We all sat in the same location, which is always a plus. And any date is good for us. [face_batting]

3. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Was it Buca di Beppo? That's practically on the corner of Hurstbourne and Taylorsville Rd.

4. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Buca? she said steak joint, not pasta joint. the Steak joint is called Smokey Bones. it's not quite at the intersection. but yeah, that place was tasty.

5. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

I read that wrong. I just read the part about a salad with steak in it. At least I hope I did. These eyes ain't so good anymore...lol!

6. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    THAT'S IT!! SMOKEY BONES!!! Thanks Vox! Yea, that's my suggestion for the month. If we don't go, that's of coarse alright. So what other places would we like to re-visit? I just like to eat with the best company of friends in Louisville. [face_batting]

7. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    you're welcome.

and yet you always wind up eating with us instead.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    If we do go with Smokey Bones (and it seemed pretty popular with the group last time) it will probably make more sense to go on a Monday since they get pretty packed on Friday/Saturdays.

More thoughts and suggestions?

9. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    I'll take FOB Selarno chow hall for $300, Alex.

10. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Sounds good Boss;
    Anywhere that gives free cake to birthday geeks is fine with me.
    [face_whistling]
    Jammies

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay Zannah has spoken! Smokey Bones it is! Since it's pretty crowded on the weekend we'll meet on Monday the 14th at our usual 7Pm time. Hope to see everyone there!

March Meet and Eat
    Monday March 14 at 7PM
    Smokey Bones
    2525 Hurstbourne Gem Lane
    Louisville, KY 40220-4075
    (502) 491-7570

12. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

I will probably not be able to make this one. I need to get some work done to the car, which ties up the car and the money I would use to eat with...lol.

Unless by some miracle that the work I need to have done costs much less than I'm anticipating, in which I will most likely surprise everyone.

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry to hear that but our next get together isn't too far away...book club/Clone Wars finale April 1st at Lord Zannah's...so we'll see you then I hope!

14. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

I'll definitely be there for that one!

15. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    well unfortunately, my days off have changed to Tuesdays and Wednesdays now, so I will be unable to attend this one... maybe next month lol

16. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Woo-Hoo! Smokey Bones, Smokey Bones, I'll have a great big steak at Smokey bones! [face_dancing] See everyone on the 14th!

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just a bump. Looks like it will be a small group. Post up if you plan to make it you haven't already and I'll make sure to call ahead and give them a head's up. See you there!

18. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Should be able to make this.

19. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I am going to try to make it. Save me a seat please, Mika. Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

20. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    See you all soon.

21. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Oh, yeah. Everyone have a Happy Pi Day.

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I forgot about Pi day. Hope Smokey Bones has some on the menu.

23. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Hi guys, I've been waiting all day to get my energy up, but after the weekend, I'm simply still drug out. My Moms on Friday, the hockey game troop on Saturday, then the family party for Banes deployment yesterday... I'm simply wuped. I'm sorry but we're going to miss this one. To top it all off, the rain has just made it worse in trying to get any energy going. Our apologies, eat some steak and drink a beer for us, and we'll catch you all next time. [face_batting]

24. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007

So sorry I didn't make it on Monday, been very ill the last couple days. Hope to be at the next one!

25. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Eleven, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Wow, I was so tired on Monday, I felt like I'd been to a Celebration Con for the weekend. If someone had of slipped me a mickey that morning, I couldn't of been more groggy all day. I had to phsyc myself up to take a shower before going to bed... that's how blown out I was. I think it had more to do with the emotional drain of Appos bonvoyage party on Sunday than anything else. Sigh... Anyway, I know there's something been going around [face_sick] that's been going around. Lots of people I know have been coming down with it. Get well soon luv, we'll see ya before long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.