main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass March meet thread....let us rendezvous with the spring season

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by McLOVIN, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stodd73

stodd73 Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2008
    Well, feel free to stop by our store in Abington, only one town over..
    I'm usually there every Sat and Sunday if you want to meetand talk shop.
    The store is usually pretty sporatic as far as business is concerned, so I usually have plenty of time.

Boston Paintball Abington
    604 Bedford St (Rt 18)
    Abington, MA

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Shawn, I had a friend who was a hardcore paintball player and I was even the "target" at his "booth" at the Brockton Fair, but after being said "target," I don't think paintball would be an optimum choice of sport/hobby for me...I'll stick w/ tenpin bowling. [face_laugh]

3. stodd73

stodd73 Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2008
    Ha, fair enough. But feel free to stop by for SW related reasons too.. I won't make you buy anything or participate in any paintball activities. :D

4. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Hey, everyone! Is Comic Con on the 15th too, or only the 16th?

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, just the 16th unfortunately, If it were the 15th too I'd probably be able to make it.

6. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I may be out now for Sunday. I still have some items I need to take care of with the house we bought and since I have to work Saturday I will probably end up doing the work on Sunday. I will keep yall posted though if something changes.

J

7. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Unfortunately, I am out for this con.

I've not been feeling well and my p'scriptions have me strapped this week.

April... what were we going to do for April....

**Wifey runs out to find that thread with all the proposed meets in it...**

8. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=180+Berkeley+Street,+boston,+ma&sll=42.350045,-71.07223&sspn=0.011228,0.016651&ie=UTF8&ll=42.350045,-71.07223&spn=0.011228,0.016651&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr
    ^where are we physically meeting up? inside/outside? whereabouts? contact/who when where what how, 411 bleh bleh bleh, etc.

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Does 12ish work for everyone? Chris and Jim, if I'm looking at the right train, you guys will get to Back Bay around 11:38? And Jeff would get in around 12:25 on his train? Is anyone else taking a train that we should take into account?

Meeting outside the entrance seems like a good idea. I don't know if the cell numbers I have for people are current, but if you still have me in your phones, my number hasn't changed since before I left a couple years ago. In case anyone needs to reach me for whatever reason. :)

10. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    Hello all. New to board.... Just dropping a quick line. Writing in from Mashpee on the cape. Work in Quincy.... Etc etc. Look forward to getting to know you all.

Keith

11. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i'll be there sometime after 12noon. i'll wait in the front entrance4ya'll. i remember chris+wildstar, but not anyone else. can som1 give me a call when they get there? please PM me for my celly. i don't remember chris's # since i've switched cells since that last BBQ a long time ago.

pls PM me and i'll reply w/my celly. THANKS =D.

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I should be there around noon. Does anyone from the outter rim (worcester/milford) want a ride into the con? I will have space for two people besides me and my wookiee cub. If anyone is interested PM me.

Jorge

13. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    I am taking the commuter rail into Boston tommorow.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    It was cool seeing everyone again (Chris, Jim, Roseanna, Jeff, etc). It was definitely a good time. I do believe Spencer enjoyed himself as well. Especially when he saw Roseanna again he was all smiles once he knew who she was. Plus he had a good time with Jim as well. I want to thank Jim for helping me out with the stroller once the cub got tired of it. Also thank you goes out to Chris's gf(sorry I forgot the name right now) for tying Spencer's shoes a couple times. I think he did it on purpose to get her attention. lol

Anyways, I am thinking about having people over to my new place next month probably at the end of the month. Could be early May who knows. I know Drew does the KY derby so we will see once what happens.

Jorge

15. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    What are your hours there, maybe sometime I can stop by on the way home from work?

16. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Were there many SW things?

17. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    oops! Old screen name. [face_monkey] Used my old desktop.

see next post... Chris

18. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Well there were some dealers selling collectibles.

One dealer had vintage Kenner carded 12 back figures and other carded vintage Kenner SW figures the prices were a little high.

I met Carmine Infantino who is a legendary comic artist who started his career in the 1950's.

He signed a few of my SW Marvel Comics that he was an artist on.

It was great to see the turnout for this meet and I know with the warmer weather that hopefully we will get the out more during the next 6 months.

Nice to see Fonger after a few years. Also glad Jeff was able to make it to one of our meets and brought Beth with him.

Jorge, little Spencer is growing up so quick, wow!

So April will be coming up and we can see what we would like to do maybe or wait until May?

Hope to see everyone again soon.

Chris

19. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    good to meet and re-acquaint w/everyone1 as well as meet some "new to me" folx. i'm surprised many of you remember the Fonger =P.

yeah i know i haven't been around the last few yrs (i was working fulltime+going to school fulltime, but am done now =P).

but even during that time i think went to quite a few meets imho back when yodachick, karma were around. i moved my speakers to their new house and we watched the entire saga I-VI including the clone wars 2D cartoon between II&III =P. it was during 2005 when ROTS just came out. lightning caused our screening of ep3 to be blacked out... fortunately i had "backup" =P. i think by the time ep5&6 rolled around we all fell asleep =). it was a good time had by all.

we talked about doing that every year... but obviously it's been 3 yrs since.

unfortunately i don't space in my mini-condo to host such an event or else i'd've been inviting ya'll consistently!

if people are willing to lend their homes, i'm willing to 'move' my speakers yet again. will need @least a white wall.

there'll be nothing to stop us this time... (except a lack of event space ;).

20. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    IIRC, I was awake for the whole thing, Fonger, but yeah, that was a blast. Might PM YodaChick to say hi and ask how everything's been since.

21. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i think u might've been the only 1 =P. i dozed off in return during ewoks.

22. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    harvey dent image. totally forgot i had it in my cellphone:
    [image=http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/2315/200803161340035vq7.jpg]
    [image=http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6733/200803161340036ee8.jpg]
    [image=http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3773/200803161340037id5.jpg]

23. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    WTF is that about? Is it some kind of marketing campaign for the new Batman movie?

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I do believe it was a marketing stunt. There was a group outside the con campaigning for Harvey. They gave away buttons, stickers, etc. They even had some homeless gentle all fired up with their speeches. Pretty comically I thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.