March Meet

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's the thread for the March Meet.I honestly can't think of anything for this meet.It's too soon for an outdoor event and there's not a lot going on in March.I'm open to any ideas you may have.
  2. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, several of us have indicated that we can't make the third Saturday. Roseanna will be heading home and I'll be coming back from a week-long road trip, and I think there are a few others. Anybody up for the fourth Saturday (March 27)?
  3. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not sure I'll be back by the 4th Saturday. I'll likely be flying back that day or the following Sunday. :(
  4. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Moving the meet forward or backward by a week is fine by me.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    You know- I don't know who would need to be called- but last summer the IMAX at Jordan's in Framingham randomly showed AOTC one night. A whole gaggle of little boys were there so I'm assuming the showing had been set up just for them.

I bet if we could get enough people together and let them know at Jordan's that we would be interested in a showing that they would dust off the reels for us.

A lot of people saw that it was showing and came in off of the street and helped to fill the theater.

Just a suggestion...
  6. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    That's a cool idea. I'd be up for that.

Is the second Saturday ok with everyone? That would be March 13th. Like I said, spring break will have me out of state the last two weekends of March. The 13th is coming up soon, so keep the suggestions coming! :)
  7. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm up for seeing AOTC again. :)
    How will we get to Framingham?
  8. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh heh... the Commuter Rail goes out to Framinham, but the best bet would probably be to drive.
  10. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd shy away from anything that requires driving. Few of us have cars.
  11. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd be willing to pick up anyone whos stuck for a ride. But it does seem like it could be tricky to get everyone there
  12. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, I just found out that the second Saturday would be IDEAL. I'll be doing a trip to Boston that day - that means I'll be arriving in the style of an 18-ton, 45-passenger vehicle!! :D In that event, if whatever we decide to do is in town, it'd be best if we could meet at the Reflecting Pool as that's the only place I can ever find to park. Either that or somewhere around Northern Ave - I'll letcha know as the date draws nigh.
  13. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Saturday the 13th might be makeable for me. Having something in the late afternoon or evening would be better for me.....but that's just me.
  14. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's been at least a week since proposing moving the meet date to the 13th, and since there have been no major objections, I think we can officially declare that as the meet date now.

Last night I talked to Scott and Tony and both liked the idea of having a sort of "board game marathon" as this month's meet. We talked about meeting at the downtown Boston Borders. We'd probably go out to lunch first. Board games might sound lame to you, but I know from experience that they can be great fun at meets, whether or not they relate to Star Wars. Especially when you play in a big group. It's silly, goofy fun, and it's a great way to get to know people in the group since there's a lot of personal interaction (something that's lacking in say, seeing a movie). Plus it's cheap! Cheap meets are good. Tony is going to call the Borders today to make sure meeting there is ok. How does this sound to everyone else?

EDIT: Yeah, we should decide on a time too. Usually we meet at noon, but I'm open to it being later if that makes it easier for others to come. PLEASE POST! It's hard to make a decision when no one posts their preferences! :p
  15. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good to me I should be able to go.
  16. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, I just found out that (tentatively, anyway) the timing will be perfect. Before I continue, I must inquire the precise geographical coordinate of Boston Borders and its proximity to the Prudential...

...now that that's out of my systems ;), here's the scoop. As always, my group's schedule is subject to change without my knowing about it until the last possible dwindling second, but at any rate, the Prudential is their first stop - RIGHT at 12:30. I will soon determine whether or not I have to be with them for the entire day, but if they're going to do Boston on foot or T, I'll be able to attend the entire meet. Sooo...if Borders is within walking distance of the Pru (or T-accessible), I can just park at the Reflecting Pool for the day and join in the fun.

If there's a last-possible-dwindling-second change in times, I'll just buzz Tony or Roseanna to letcha know.
  17. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Borders is right on School St. in Downtown Crossing. It is about a block's walk from the Orange Line and Red Line, and a block's walk from the Green Line. It is also close to the Angel Pub ( [face_love] ), and lunch there would be very nice.

From the Pru, you could hop on the E-line inbound at Symphony or Prudential, or walk a block North to Hynes/ICA. I suggest walking up to Hynes (under the Virgin Megastore), because you'll have a faster chance of getting a train on a Saturday. Go inbound to Park Street, and go up to street level. Then walk one block South (Past the Finagle a Bagel) and then one block East. Borders will be on your left.
  18. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cheap meets are good meets. :D
  19. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    So should we make this official, cuz it's just over a week away?
  20. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes.Go ahead and post it on the website.
  21. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Mwahaha...HOW COOL is THIS!!! :D

My group is hittin' the road at 10:30 in the morning, which gets us into Boston by noon; I take their baggage to the Millennium Hotel and then find a place to park. Whether I park on Northern Ave. or at the Pru, I'll probably make it to Borders by 12:30 or 1:00 or thereabouts...and I'm FREE until 6 PM!!! :D :D

How can ya go wrong, getting paid to go to a Rebels meet, eh? :p
  23. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Does that mean you're buying lunch?
  24. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm meeting Chris at the bus area, so I'll be a little late getting there too! We'll probably stop by the Angel Pub, and if we don't see you, run down the street to Borders.

If anybody needs good T directions, just PM me. :)
  25. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the borders we lost Eric at that time,right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.