main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March Meet?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Just wanted to put a feeler out there and see if there is any interest in a March meet. Figure if we plan it for late in the month, the weather shouldn't be too bad.

I'm taking suggestions for places to have it or things to do. If you have an idea, please post it.

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Sounds to me like a good time to have the annual meet @ the Good Time Emporium. :D

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Forgot to mention that if we go to the Good Time Emporium, if anyone's interested, I have half-off coupons for pool time, laser tag, and go-karts (I'm sure I have one set of coupons, but my brother may either help me find another set in my apartment or give them to me again if he still has them.)

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    A meet would be a great idea. The Good Times may be a lil far for me to travel. But if that is the location of choice I will try to make it.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I think I'm going to push this meet out until sometime in April. We can keep the Good Time Emporium as an option, but other suggestions are also welcome.

6. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Honestly, I would really like to try and get involved this year. April will probably work a little better for my schedule and for my wallet... just my two cents.

I am from Marlborough so, the Emporium is a bit of a ride for me as well but, at the same time, I don't mind driving ....

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It's a bit of a haul for me as well (Hopkinton). If you have another thought for a meet or get-together, please feel free to post it. The GTE was simply a suggestion.

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Wormie

Is there a place like the GTE that is more centrally-located?

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Isn't there a place in Framingham that has lazer tag and stuff of that nature? I thought I saw a sign for something on Route 9 there by Toys R Us, Target, etc. But since this is a "Boston" group should we keep it more towards Boston even though most of us don't live near Boston. Boy this is confusing I need to mediate on this one. lol

I live in Shrewsbury so Somerville is a lil hike like I said.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yes there is. Fun and Games is the name of the place and it's been there FOREVER! I remember going there for birthday parties back in the early 80's when the place was filled with skee-ball and pinball machines. I did Lazer Tag there a few years ago as part of a bachelor party and had a blast. There's also a decent bowling alley just up Rte 9 in Natick called 'Fairway'. It also has been around forever and offer candlepin (that's the small balls for midwesterners like you Jorge ;) )

If we really want to take this 'on the road' we could go down to Providence to the 'Dave & Busters' at the Providence Place Mall (or whatever it's called). That's alot like the GTE or we could go to the 'Funway Cafe' on Rte 1 in Foxboro. We did a Foxboro meet there awhile ago and it was a good time.

So there are plenty of options out there. If anyone knows of more, feel free to suggest it.

11. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I had forgotten all about Fun & Games in Framingham. That would definitely be viable. :D BTW, the Funway Cafe in Foxboro is no more...they turned it into one of the Stone Forge restaurants. WEEI's Mike Adams did his Monday night show from the Stone Forge in Foxboro during football season.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    If it was Mike Adams, I'm guessing it was probably from the bar.[face_clown]

Too bad about the Funway though. But we do have options...

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    After posting I thought about the name of the place and I thought it started with Fun. lol

I know what candle pin bowling is smart guy (I refrained from cussing damn that is hard to believe.) I heard about candle pin before moving here granted I never did it until a couple yrs ago. My wife and I went to this lil place in Auburn that closed down a couple yrs ago. It was pretty fun and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

I am up for pretty much anywhere to be honest with ya. We could make this meet be a multi-meet and have Foxboro and RI involved especially if we decide to go down to RI for that one place. O wait I am from Foxboro and I invited myself sorry guys I will wait for a RSVP. lol

14. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Are we still trying to meet in April? If we don't I am sure that we won't meet til after C4 due to the number of people going.

I can't make any promises (as you know, Sundays are always better for me) but, I am checking in. Richie knows how to reach me about meets should I not be around the boards for a while.

I am bummed out about the Foxboro meet at the Sharks game on the 3rd... I was actually THERE! hahaha... teach me not to poke around on the other boards.

With regard to where to meet, what about a billiards hall - London Billiards or maybe Jillians? I am also going to be in Nashua, NH on April 1st for Wrestlemania at Hooters...

Just thought I would rekindle this thread as the end of March draws near. I really do want to meet everyone! LOL

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    They may have billiards @ Fun 'N' Games, but never having been there, I don't know for sure. As I've noted in the "Random Thread" and in the Foxboro forum, I think it would be a good idea to try to have an April meet revolve around getting a group photo w/ an R2-D2 mailbox.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    You know we don't bite over at Foxboro. We may smell a lil bit because we are guys but that wears off after a while I promise. lol You should poke around there more since most of us are from either Worcester or Milford areas and have meets in the areas between the two hubs for our group. We really need to do a name change I think people get thrown off the whole city reference in the names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.