main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA March Meeting - 3/17/07

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Umm... secret? So was this a surprise or something? I'm totally confused as to what started when and for what reason and what these passes are for. I'm just gonna drink, it doesn't matter where I am... I'm just gonna drink... that is for certain.

2. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Not sure if I can attend.
    I was lucky last time.
    Also, easier at Meteron if possible.
    I will try.
    Always in motion is the future.
    Thank you.

3. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    It was no big secret Ming, I guess I should have added the[face_mischief] before I started the first sentence on my last post...Anyway...

What's the plan for Friday? How does this sound:

Dinner first? Alison/Rose - Suggestions? Anyone else have suggestions?
    The Club Next? I have plenty of passes, and each pass is good for 2 people.
    Crashing? Would it be possible for those of who you do live in SF, allow those who don't to crash at their place the night before the meeting?

BTW - here again is the club link:
    http://www.catclubsf.com/nightly/

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    If you can't make the meeting and need to send $$$ for the power for the table, you can PayPal at least $10 to: toschestation@yahoo.com. So far, I've recieved payment from only 5 people. The total was $147.50.

As for paying for the banner, Lou, do you have PayPal?

Of course, anyone can bring money to the meeting.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'll just be getting back from Vegas at like 8pm that night... Sorry, dunno if I'll be up for it but just freakin post the info on the boards unless this was suppose to be a surprise. Was it??? Otherwise criptic messages and confusing "you know who?" kinda statements only mean something to a small fraction of people.

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Matt, I've paypal'ed my money over for the electric bill.

7. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I should be up for Friday night. I usually get off work between 7:15-7:30 so just let me know where I should meet you guys for dinner. As for places to stay, i could probably host a couple of folks, as long as Ming doesn't mind and they are not allergic to cats.

8. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Sounds grim. Anyway, I've paypaled you some money. I don't really like the sound of that post. I think I'll skip this one.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks for the payments Alison and Anne.

As for my post, it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. It's just that for certain reasons which I'll explain at the meeting, I can't post them on a public forum. I also won't post about it after the meeting as well. But I would like everyone's opinions on it when I bring it up.

As Indy said, "Trust me". ;)

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Here's my opinion on anything that's gonna be brought up: GIVE THEM NOTHING BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING! o_O

Seriously though whatever the situation is, we can work through it and we'll be stronger from any challenge that we face. For death and glory on the battlefield is all that we live for. Well... [face_thinking] maybe not... :p Regardless any challenges we face will be like waves crashing upon Spartan sheilds! ;)

11. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I think I've figured it out...took a while. But we're cool.

12. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Well, that sounds a bit more encouraging. I understand if you can't talk about it.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    We'll win! I bet my life on it! No clue what's happening but it's victory or death! GLORY IS OURS! [face_flag]

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, umm... that kinda sucks for those of us who can't make it to the meeting this time. :(

15. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    No, I don't have the Pay Pal. I don't do much Ebayin'.

16. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, it isn't anything bad or dramatic that Matt wants to ask people about. It is just something that everyone should have a voice in who is a member of the club :)

If there are people who can't be at the meeting, perhaps we can e-mail them and let them put in an absentee vote through an officer of their choice?

So if you know you can't make it to the meeting - speak up now and get in touch with one of your council members or City Rep so they can fill you in. :)

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    ^Then no one will come to the meeting! :eek:

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    ^Then we will fight in the shade. ;)

I know it makes no sense! hahahaha...

19. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Ok...I'm lost/ Where is the meeting now? Is it at the Letterman or the Met?

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The Met

-The Matt

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I doubt that. Seriously, it is better for people to be at the meeting so they can discuss things. (People bring up points, the discussion evolves) But some people can't be at this meeting due to personal obligations. It is only fair that they have a voice.

So our meeting is 12:00 noon at the Metreon on the 17th then. Right?

- Kathy

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
  23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Is this happening? I think if it is we need to make an announcement about it in it's own thread. I think people are missing it because this is a thread about the meeting on the 17th. I need to start making plans.

24. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Just a reminder that the St. Patrick's Day parade will be taking place Saturday starting at 11:30am. It is going from 2nd and Market to Civic Center. I assume it is going down Market so it will not pass the metreon but expect Market to be blocked off and there to be a lot more traffic than usual. Public transportation might be a good option for those who can use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.