march meeting agian

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Sith_Patterson, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    as u all know we want to have another meeting this month is this ok with every one else and if so maybe the weekend of 25 or 26 this meeting will saber hilt construction and costuming talks and prop making. if this is good we need to find a place.
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it'd be best to try and keep the next meeting to the set meeting date of the third Sat. of the month. This was set a while back with a lot of members that aren't active anymore so if anyone would like to make a meeting date for another time, let's get on it. Things tend to run a lot smoother if there is one date of the month that everyone can plan around.

As for the place, we can use my lab on campus. The only issue is that I'd be the only one allowed to use the bench tools (band saw, drill press, belt sander, etc) but it beats sitting in an apt with a dremel, and there's lots of room.
  3. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    so the 18 or 19 then is that what u are saying
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. Unless we wanted to move the meeting times. It's just easier to have a set time of each month to meet so people can plan ahead of time. Otherwise we get into a loop of some people not being to make it and other able to make it and we never decide until the day before and it's just not good all around. If you check out some of the older meeting threads you can probably see this.

What is everyone doing that Friday? I'm on Spring Break that week but I know a lot of us also work for a living.
  5. Amiry Force Ghost

star 2
    Fridays are usually good for me, because most of the time I'm off. But if I do work, it tends to be a short shift from like 12-5. Except for this Friday, I'm 12-8 because we're having a Playboy signing from 4-6. *sweatdrop*
  6. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    what?! Where?! When!? How?! More info please!!! PM me if neccessary ;)
  7. Amiry Force Ghost

star 2
    I assume you're referring to the Playboy signing, Q. ;)
    If so, here's the run down, as far as I know.

Christy Hemme (sp?) from WWE (I think she's an announcer; I don't watch wrestling).
    Books-A-Million
    Friday, March 11. 4pm-6pm.
  8. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    dudes i am so going =p~
    any who friday is a good day for me let me know what u want to do and so forth
  10. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just a reminder, spring break starts on the 19th.
  11. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you saying you won't be around???
  12. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    TJ, what was that 15min sabre kit you mentioned in the Costume Meeting thread?
  13. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    the 15 min saber kit is like a tool box with lot of plumbing equimpent so if u every forgot you saber at a con then u can make one it 15 mins but not olny that u can make a saber in 15 mins by also just going to home or lowes. but like in the middle of dragon-con where are u going to find a lowes or home in the big city. you cant so u have a kit. i will also go over saber constuctoin.
  14. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yup. That's what I'm saying. I leave at midnight friday.
  15. JediMara77 Chosen One

star 4
    I'll be in Orlando on the 19th and 20th for Vulcon (only going Sunday but hanging out on Saturday). have fun!
  16. Amiry Force Ghost

star 2
    I wanted to go to Vulkon (for Brent Spiner) but it was too expensive for me; I'd rather spend $60 on four days at Dragon*Con.

Poo, we will miss you guys. I have to work til 5 on Friday, by the way, as I have Saturday off to go to Anime Express and I hope it's better than last year's.
  17. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Saturday during the day I'm part of the honor guard at a funeral for a young Star Wars fan that was taken by the Force far too early. Other than that I should be free.

18. Amiry Force Ghost

star 2
    So Friday or Saturday? Friday I will be free after 5. Saturday I'm going to spend the early part of the day at Anime Express, then I'm free. Also depends on how good or bad it is this year.
  19. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Friday night would be best. What are we planning to do???

I'm going to be working on my armor in preperation for my event Saturday, so that would possibly fit into some sort of costume party thing.
  20. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah ok then we will shoot for the 18 of march we will have a costume party and small presentaions we just need a place. let me know where we can go.
  21. Amiry Force Ghost

star 2
    Friday night should be good. Just let me know a time and a place. :)
  22. Sith_Patterson Jedi Knight

star 1
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THE MEETING IS on friday and we need a place lets see if we can find a place before tommorow. costume meeting and props construction and costume design.
    let find a place plz and have as many people show up.

the force is with us (i hope)
  23. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys, sorry I've been out but I've had a buttload of tests since spring break is next week.

What are we looking to do? Build stuff, talk about stuff, just show stuff off?
  24. Amiry Force Ghost

star 2
    WHERE are we gonna have it? I feel bad because I'd like to offer up my house, but I don't think I could get people to leave and it's not big enough. :confused:
  25. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    If we're looking at building stuff that's going to need lots of room and tools we can do it in my shop, but if we're just going to hang out and talk about things or work on little projects (which is cool) we can do it at my apt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.