main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC March meeting! For real. And I promise to stop editing the thread title...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Great i will be at the meeting no matter which day it is. i cant wait to see all of you again! and if mutt wants to go anywhere after ward i am there too! that sounded bad what i mean is if we all are going to hang awhile anywhere else then i am in. there that sounded better.

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    bumping this up with the info.

"1 pm, Sunday March 2 at the Food Court in the Old Post Office Pavillion which is located at 1100 Pennsylvania Ave, NW.

To get there, take the Metro to Federal Triange - it's across the street. Look for the building with a bell tower. "

3. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, I need a consensus... It seems as though the list of people that can make it are dropping like flies, plus there is talk of the possibility of the S word Saturday night. Should we still meet Sunday or postpone?

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Ewwww... I can't imagine how horrible it will be if we get 4 inches of the S-word :D

Well I already expressed my thoughts, it is important that we reschedule quickly if this is cancelled.

5. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well I would suggest the 9th or 16th as replacement. Still a Sunday, still the same place.

Of course if enough people still show interest for this weekend, we will leave it the same. :)

6. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ken and I can make it on Sunday, snow or no snow. 4 inches... bah!

But if the meeting needs to be changed, we can probably do the 9th, but I know we can't do the 16th, so I vote for the 9th.

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh, well that's five that can still make it Sunday. Perhaps we will keep the date after all. :D

8. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I just talked to Sharon yesterday and she is still planning to be there this Sunday. And since she can make it this weekend, that means she works next weekend and would be off the 15th/16th. So add two more to the list as I'm still going.

If we are going to postpone it, a good idea would be to wait until the 29th/30th and we could go see TTT. They are supposed to premiere a long trailer for ROTK at the end of March (They did the same thing last March, a trailer for TTT during showings of FOTR). I still don't have an exact date of when Hollywood is planning to do this, but I am monitoring this event closely.

But that is only a suggestion.

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Or we could still have the meeting this weekend AND go see TTT when the trailer is added. :D

10. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    That works too :D

So by my count we have 7 still confirmed to go???

11. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well, several of us will see each other on Saturday (weather permitting) and perhaps we can knock out some of those things then. I know I can certainly provide E with the funding for example.

Jeff, due to last month's cancellation I harshly oppose waiting almost an entire month to have another meeting...sorry dude, this time our thoughts differ.

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm not opposed to cancelling/postponing the meeting. I' still like to have the meeting this weekend. Besides I have an agenda item to bring up with our Event Coordinator involving St. Patricks Day, and a certain related ethyl fluid that I cannot mention on the boards, due to policy, and the fact that it can't be an "official" event.

However, holding the meeting or postponing is not for me to decide. I just provided an alternative option should the decision be made to postpone/cancel.

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Oh, I know and I wasn't dogging you for it. I'm just starting to get concerned about us putting things off and the group becoming to "loose" so to speak.

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, so with 7 confirmed, we will keep it for this Sunday. MMMMkay?

15. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I don't know if I'll be there. I might be.

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Similar events elsewhere initiated my interest in the Galactic Senate. Besides, I miss talking to and seeing you guys. Your the center of my social life, for good or bad.

DC definitely ROCKS!!! :cool:

17. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok, I'll be there Sunday, so bring all event coordinating needs!

I'm all for a TTT viewing with the new improved trailer - but I hope not that weekend as it's I-Con and I'll be gone. I suppose I could still coordinate it for you all though.

18. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I'M COMING! ain't no filthy snow gonna stop me! I want to see
    TTT when are we doing that?
    Like mutt you guys are the center of my social life so I am there whenever and whereever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.