main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary March Meeting : Monday March 26 - 7pm

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Great meeting tonight everyone. Really great turnout!! So happy to see so many new faces in the crowd! Welcome to the new members :)

I think we're going to have to find a better north location. Forbes never seems to have enough staff - they take forever with the orders.

April meeting will be short and sweet (probably just before the CCEE), but it will be down south at Boomtown.

If anyone has any other suggestions for north location please post about it.

Thanks for coming out guys! Our group ROCKS!!

2. AaylaIsMyWife

AaylaIsMyWife Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2007
    Oh SNAP, I'm the first one to reply back to you! It was such an awesome meeting tonight, everyone was really nice and I definately think I'm here to stay!
    Now all I need are my own robes, a custom lightsaber, and an R2 unit [face_clown]

3. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Like Yrol and I were saying at the meeting, we're more than happy to give you tips on how to make your own stuff, and for the stuff you'd rather buy we can direct you to good sources. Just for the love of Padme, stay away from Starfortress!

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I'm back home in Banff.

I'll NEVER being going to Forbes again.

And, just like I figured, I have forgotten the new people's names that I met tonight. Sorry (new) guys. :(

Jason - before I forget, the biggest reason NOT to drill a hole for a blade retention screw in the LED blades, is that the intruding screw would cast a shadow inside the tube. Even DUST casts shadows. Also, have you finished your anodized hilt yet?

Oh, someone asked if I was going to bring my new green double-bladed hilt to "the convention", and I said probably not. I thought you were talking about C4. I realized on the way home you were talking about CCEE. Yes, I will be bringing it to that event!

Well, I think that was most of the important things I thought of on the drive home.

I'm really looking forward to CCEE! I'm going to try to get an advert poster put up in our staff mail room, here at the Banff Springs Hotel. ;-) I'll also leave a bunch of extras that I picked up just laying out, too.

5. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    Kent, please put me down for a badge too. Darth_Corro will do nicely.

6. Flux_Harbrin

Flux_Harbrin Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2007
    I thought the meeting last night was awesome, i had lots of fun meeting all you guys and i will for sure be going to the next one! see you guys then!

7. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Great meeting lastnight great to see new faces have to say it the force is strong in calgary.

8. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    I mentioned to Prelude that we shouldn't go back unless they agreed to put more than one waitress on duty. I was being polite. Getting my food (and not exactly what I ordered) well after most people left is not cool.

9. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I think u actually got my order.

But yeah, the 1.5-hour wait was ridiculous.

10. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    Great meeting last night. It was great to see the group growing again!

11. Azrael24

Azrael24 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2007
    hey gang!

Thanks for the warm welcome for the newbies last night - I'm James, the blonde deaf guy in the green jacket.

I agree with some of the remarks there regarding the Forbes place being slow - took me 45 mins to get my beer! Good grief, Chuck!

I have some suggestions for our next get together (holy crap, I sound like I'm married to this group already!), but curious - when's the next one? I assume there'll be one more before you guys head down to LA. I'm looking forward where you guys want to hook up next time.

On a side note, I'm trying to get a poker game going this Saturday, and I have a few buddies, but not enough players. Ah the stress of trying to get a few players to attend...gah! Considering I've only met a few of you (still trying to recall faces and names), I'm willing to invite anyone who'd like to play poker. Chat some manner of geekism, imperial armor, bounty hunting, jedis, siths, ewoks, gungans (Jar Jar is so HAWT...ah who the hell am I kidding...hasn't anyone killed him yet?). As for poker, nothing serious, cash is good ($5-$20 max). No need to use your house, car, wife/husband for collateral, just good clean fun poker.

Please do add me to your MSN if you do use it: azrael2424@hotmail.com and maybe we can chat more before this weekend.

Again, I'm grateful to come across the calgaryfanforce site and met you colorful geeks and nerds. I'm so proud to be one myself, I'm gonna bawl here. Damned contact lenses I tell ya.

Have a good one gang,

James/Azrael

12. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Dr. Haggis,

I too will need one of those kewl laminated badges with my board name on it.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.