main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

March Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Augusta, GA' started by bluestarwizard, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Cool, a non old far- I mean...someone younger...

:p

My Mom works at the Rack Room Shoes in Aiken!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Please James, I'll do anything! :eek:

You get to sit next to anyone that is late to the meeting... [face_devil] That'll teach anyone to be late! :p

And I'm bringing one of my friends from church to the meeting too, she's from Jackson, SC

Man, we're gonna have a bunch of newcomers! :D

God bless!

-Malz

2. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I Noticed This group in perticular has a lot of references to God in their signatures.
    That is very refreshing to see.

By the way, I'm a PK.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Malz, I happened to notice your reference to "old farts." As someone who is probably about the same age as said old farts in your chapter, I take exception. ;)

You need to respect your elder, young lady! :p

Welcome to the Augusta forum, PK. I am not a member of this chapter. I am the president and Chapter Rep for the Atlanta chapter and I am also the FanForce Southeast Regional Support Admin. In other words, I'm a part of Star Wars fandom bueracracy. ;)

4. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    You tell that young whipper snapper Mandy!

We are the original fans cuz we remember seeing them when they came out the first time.
    I saw A New Hope in the drive through!

Yeah LordJoda, we are a pertty religously diverse and devout group.

We have alot of difrent religous backgrounds, but we all get along realy well.

Oh and by the way.......WELCOME!
    Gonna be lots of new faces there.

5. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, it's awesome to have new people with us! :cool:

Yeah, I like having people that love 2 of the things I love- God and Star Wars! :) I don't know that everyone in the group are Christians, but at least some of us are :D

*runs from Mandy*

*mutters old fart as she runs*

:p

God bless!

-Malz

PS- if anyone seese this before they go, we're going to meet in th ecafe part like we usually do!

6. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Once again I'd just like to say thanks for letting me (and my dad) hang out tonight. it was fun and I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

Joey ;)

7. Jedi_TaganCalera

Jedi_TaganCalera Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Hello,

I've been living in the Augusta area for a couple years now (though I will be moving late next year). I'm looking for people who want to get together and RPG a table top game. I run a variety of games (including the old Star Wars D6) and play even more.

Is anyone interested. It seems I'm a day late missing any get togther you had planned for yesterday though. Shame. Far too few people with similar interests in the area.

Keep in touch,

JTC

8. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey Joey, thanks for coming! We enjoyed seeing you and having others to talk to about the things we like!

Hey JTC! :D That's cool! I've never RPGed but have been interested in trying it, maybe at our next meeting you could come and show us some stuff!

Far too few people with similar interests in the area.

I know! It's sad!

Hey, do you RPG at the Book Exchange? I know that's where alot of people go for RPG (I don't know if they do any SW though)

Why are you going to move? (If you don't mind me asking [face_blush] )

God bless!

-Malz

9. Jedi_TaganCalera

Mar 10, 2002
    No, I run games from my home. Although I go to the Book Exchange to buy many of my materials and all.

I'm moving because I'm in the Air Force. My time here ends then and I'll be moving on to wherever the Air Force sends me next.

-JTC

10. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Oh, that's cool :D

My cousin's husband is in the Air Force and almost had me convinced to join after high school...but I chickened out... :p I actually don't know what I want to do after college so I'm sticking around here until I know :)

Well, good luck in that and I hope to see you at our next meeting! :D

God bless!

-Malz

11. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Military, thats good, I got a Marine Brother, and I'll Soon be enlisting (no clue on which branch yet.)
    I've played some SW-RPG on the D20 scale, and read Some WEG materials, I'd Be Perfectly willing to try and pick it up again.
    Joey ;)

12. Jedi_TaganCalera

Mar 10, 2002
    I'll admit I'm not a fan of the D20 system. I feel its too restricting. While I do run the D6 game from time to time I'm presently needing more players for my GURPS Fantasy game based on the world from a book I'm writing.

As for which service, its all a matter of what you're looking for in your service. If you're looking to be hard corps warrior who is extremely fit, dedicated and motivated I recommend the Marines. If you want a life at sea aboard a ship with a very unified team with lots of travel and VERY good GENERAL skill training such as Electronics, Avionics, etc I recommend the Navy (where you're usually gone for 6 months, back for 6 months). If you are looking to simply have employment and be the linchpin in the American war machine as well as the stabalizing force for most of the world (but with limited requirements for educational training) I recommend the Army. If you're looking for a technical expertise in a SPECIFIC field with slightly more stable and predictable (but still active) time in hot zones I recommend the Air Force. Personally if you don't choose Air Force then I recommend the Navy. Both give excellent training and have a good chance of post-Service career opportunities. You'll be a technical expert in a GENERAL field in the Navy (Electrician, cook, weapons, etc) or a technical expert in a SPECIFIC field in the Air Force (SatCom technitian, Air Craft mechanic, etc). From the Navy you get good base knowledge applicable to a variety of fields on the outside. In the Air Force you specified training that makes you a preference in that specific field of those without the military experiance on the outside.

13. bluestarwizard

bluestarwizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Just wanted to let you guys know how much fun I had at the meeting. It was cool hangin out with you and your dad Joey.

Hope you can make it to our next meeting TaganCelera. I've never played any RPG's, but I would love to give it a try.

14. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    yeah, me too :D

God bless!

-Malz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.