March Meeting

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    mckay, does anyone have anything going on March 20th?? Does anyone think they'll have anything going on March 20th?? Anything at all?? It's a Saturday. How about getting together for a little meeting??

Anyone have any ideas on what to do? What about a dinner meeting then doing something afterwards??
  2. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    March 20th, I will be in California on my spring break. I do not fly in until Sunday evening. :(

Sorry!
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Frell, I completely forgot about spring break. Who all is sticking around that week?

Considering we didn't really have a meeting this month, and we probably aren't going to be able to do one next month because of the break, what about doing something Saturday night after everyone gets back from Mega Con?
  4. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you think that people will be up for a meeting after a long day of MegaCon-ing? I just don't know how tired people might be- especially if they plan on going again the next day. Seeing as how I don't get to go on Saturday, I'll probably be up for something, but it's the others that I am concerned about.
  5. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    *sigh* I'm done thinking. Someone else do it.

Speaking of *sigh*, how about that B5 marathon???
  6. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    me and farsight will be sking that weekend up in good old New England
  7. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    You'll be skiing? That's awesome! I miss skiing so much- well, snowboarding. It's all the same, really. I'll bet it's wonderful in New England. My family went to a great place in Vermont once. I still hear that Canada is the way to go, though.

Too bad you'll miss Mega Con. :(
  8. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be sticking around for spring break so I can fly. I know. Pathetic. But I want to get out there that I have ERRSA office hours from 7-8:30 every Saturday night. But Q, if you want to get together, I would love to watch some B5 or Scape. If not, then can I borrow your stuff? :D
  9. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    haha, ummmmmmmm, the only person I would let barrow my Scape is Jack (and that's because I know he already has it all). I used to never let anyone barrow my books, and now I have two mysteriously missing *gives Jayna the evil eye*

Speaking of Jack (and Karma too), if you guys are sticking around for the break, I still need TK's for the FF that's going to be shooting. Shoot me an e-mail. We'll be building the set over in A-building starting that weekend.
  10. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm- excuse me, but I never "barrow" anything. I do however have a book and a half of yours that I borrowed quite some time ago. I've given up on the x-wing book, and I believe I read the e-book thing a while ago. Just bug me about it and I'll get them back to you.

Oh, and just to let you know, Cat, the ERRSA office will most definitely be closed over spring break. I didn't know if you said that as though you were going to be stuck with hours over break. Fret not! :D
  11. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude, how can anyone give up on the X-Wing series? That's the greatest SW series ever written! It totally explains what happened to all of the major guys after Hoth, and of course two of my favorite characters, Wedge and Corran. Ya know what, you still need to read Starfighters of Adumar. You don't have to know anything about the rest of the series because it features only Rogues from the movies, and it's one of the single most enjoyable Star Wars read ever written!

"I've been reviewing engineering and performance statistics."
    "What, while we've been maneuvering?"
    "Yes, restraining myself so that you could keep up with me has left me plenty of time for intellectual pursuits. I also composed a symphony and drafted a plan to bring peace to the galaxy."
    Tycho & Wes (SoA)

"You know, whenever the name of Derek "Hobbie" Klivian comes up, the words 'It's worse than that' ring in my ears."
    Wes (SoA)

"We have the right tools to subvert our Imperial admiral."
    "What tools?"
    "Oh, Wes's maturity, your optimism, and my diplomatic skills."
    "We're doomed."
    Wedge & Hobbie (SoA)

"Am I going to get any sleep tonight?"
    "Sleep when you usually do. During pilot briefings. During missions."
    "Oh, that's right."
    Wes & Wedge (SoA)

"Stay loose, Red Flight. Diplomacy first."
    "Leader, Three. Diplomacy means saying something soothing as you squeeze the trigger, right?"
    Wedge & Wes (SoA)

"Leader, this is Three. Are you crazy? Acknowledge."
    "Three, Leader. That's affirmative."
    Wes & Wedge (SoA)

Wedge held up a hand. "Never mind what I just said. Let's just shoot Wes."
    "I'm for that," Hobbie said.
    "What's our strategy?" Tycho asked.
    Hobbie gave him a curious look. "I thought we'd just all draw and fire. But I could count down to zero and then we could draw and fire."
    (SoA)

"A noble of Cartaan comes to you and says ?I know we have no diplomatic relations yet, but I?m here to request asylum in the New Republic.? What do you say?"
    "Is she good-looking?"
    "Thank you for making my point."
    Wedge & Wes (SoA)

Much more where that came from!

'Yub yub Commander'
  12. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    The idea has been tossed around to have a short dinner type meeting then possibly something else this Saturday after everyone gets back from MegaCon. I think it's a phenominal idea, so how about a little pizza, some sort of film type venture, some business, then those that are up for it can trek out and hit up the town afterwards??
  13. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi everyone!

If we are meeting after MegaCon, let me know, I'll stick around for some chow with you all. I'm driving on to Tampa later Saturday night so I was planning on staying in Orlando anyway.

Q- I'll be around for break. Us Riddle slaves...I mean, staff...don't get a spring break. So I'll be here for the shoot if you need a short TK.

14. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    You don't get a spring break?!?! That's evil! I'm sorry. :(

If we end up getting together after MegaCon on Saturday, it will most likely be back here in Daytona, as those of us in the play have rehearsal all day and don't get to go to the convention. That is, of course, unless we want to drive out to Orlando and meet up somewhere.
  15. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys. With regards to having a meeting on Saturday, I had totally forgotten about the Up 'Till Dawn all night party that night. I had planned on going to that, I know Q mentioned attending, and I strongly encourage you all to go check it out. It'll be loads of fun and the more people who go, the better chance we have of getting in the Guiness Book of World Records for the largest pillow fight. Besides, it's for the kids! :D
  16. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    I won't be able to go to the meeting either. ERRSA is having Game Night this Sat and I promised I'd be there.
  17. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    isn't game night friday night?
  18. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Game night is indeed Friday night, Cat. I hope you didn't sign up to help at a time that conflicts with rehearsal!

Well, why don't we try to get together for a quick meeting on Saturday- if only for a bite to eat. I will definitely have our t-shirts by then (HOORHA!!!) so you can get them from me then. As soon as I find out how much everyone owes, I'll post it so you can bring that to me on Sat.

If we meet at 6:30, hopefully you guys will be back from MegaCon (possibly with an appetite?) and that will give us some time to hang- and then those of us who are going to Up Till Dawn (which I continue to encourage you all to do) can go to that.

How's that sound?
  19. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good. Biggie is going to call me when they get back into town, so we can just go from there.
  20. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    Me, jack and some others have expressed interest to going out Saturday night to find the OCC crew (orange county choppers). So if we have a quick meting that should be fine I guess, we might get back early like 3 or 4 depending on when people want to leave.
  21. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    never mind, we r going to see them tonight (friday)
  22. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Biggie, call me when you get back in. I'll be in rehearsal most of the day, so if I don't answer just leave a message and I'll call ya back. Why don't we plan to meet in the Villiage lobby at 6 regardless?
  23. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    yah, we didnt want to come, we were all so tired and i had green paint all over me and wanted to wash it off. so how did u like megacon? i couldent move 5 feet with out someone asking for a pic of me, it was great. i would have spent more money if i wasent in costume, but i did manage to spend $40 (mostly on dice) :p
  24. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude, I can't believe you guys skipped out on Raiders on a big screen with an awesome new projector. Sad sad sad.

I didn't think MegaCon was so hot this year. It may be because it was on a Sunday, or the fact that it was 95% anime. There weren't too many costumes either. My buddy and Indy and I got glomped a few times by some Japanese girls, and I got to chat with Virginia Hey (blue-chick from Farscape) for about half an hour, which was an interesting experience. I would have loved her autograph, but I couldn't part with my $40 :(

After MegaCon was so much more interesting. I still have yet to hurl! ;)
  25. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    thats what jack was saying, it was all anime and not lots of sci fi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.