main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq March Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Anyone have anything specific they want to bring up at this weekend's meeting? Weren't we going to do pictures sometime soon? I don't remember...

2. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Probably need to discuss the pictures at the meeting (when, where etc)...time just kind of flew by this month!!!

3. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I am bringing my Celebration III info (since I didn't get to last time) Pictures sound good too!!

4. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    you guys have fun! I am hoping to stop by for a few mintues on my way to the play. at least to say hi to any new members! :D

5. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Gecko, I'll bring your dagobah to the meeting. And try not to switch it out with mine and the disintegrating swamp foam.

Also, does anyone want to bring a game or something (Trivial Pursuit, etc) to the meeting? Just for the heck of it?

6. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey guys..sorry I missed the meeting. Had to visit relatives in Amarillo, and couldn't get back in time. (Dang Texas speed limits!!)

Anything interesting I missed?
    M

7. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    We decided everyone has to have armor! ;)

8. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    and I have to have my Mace Windu Master replica!!!!!1

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    And everyone has to give 24 hours of time/week to dedicate to the betterment of the group.

Oh, and everyone has to give the CRs a new figure every week. [face_mischief]

10. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    where were you Varza?!

11. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I was at Popejoy watching Richard III by Shakespere.

How did the meeting go?

Bob, got a figure for you-1

as for the armor... once we have a vacuum form machine I am all for it until then... I will just have to wait.

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Varza,

Funny you should mention the vacuform table. Ken is really interested in doing one. We just need some help with the sculpting of the molds...

I'll be posting (and sending to Lor) the minutes today. Hopefully he'll be able to post them (if he's feeling better)...

13. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    *scratches head* Sorry to sound bimbo-ey but what's a vaccum form???

14. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    A vacuform is a contraption that allows you to heat up sheets of plastic and place it over a mold (stormtrooper armor for example) Then you turn on the vac which sucks the plastic over the form. The plastic cools and you have armor!

Remember when Ken and I were talking and you said we were talking to much? That is what we were talking about! :D

15. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Ha ha, Jess!

LadyN, I'm going to build another one, hopefully this weekend... I've been reading up! Then you can see for yourself!

Keep me posted about the purple Mace ForceFX saber

Bob, Those Rubies Scout Trooper helmets are in stock and I could get one in 3 or 4 days... Your price $55 + shipping!

Wook, Varza, we played with 3 ForceFX lightsabers (Anakin EP2, Vader Ep4 and Luke Ep6) and it was fun...

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Oooooh, tempting. Gimme a day or two and I'll let you know. You said they were a bit on the smaller side, right? Do you have any measurements for that thing? Or a sample or something? I'm not sure about my noggin' with it.

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Bob, That is a good price on that bucket! I have a connection for dark lenses....which I need to get too! He will give us a break for buying more than one!

18. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Bob...I have my DP helmet you can try on! C'mon over!

19. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    That's the reason I'm waiting, Jess. There's a DP auction that ends this evening I'm waiting on. Currently, it's at $51 and I haven't bid yet. I'm biding my time. If it gets too expensive, I may just go the Rubies way.

20. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Bob, I don't know if these are smaller, I was talking about the DP/Rubies Fett helmet, it's smaller than the movie one...
    No rush, as long as they stay in stock!

21. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    We decided everyone has to have armor

i have armor, but mine is made of leather and steel.

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Ahhh, Ken! I thought you were talking about the Scout Trooper helmet. My bad. Well, I know Skyra wants to get a set, so we could let her know.

I got my DP helmet on eBay for $52. I can't wait to get it. So yeah, Jess, we need to get lenses. How much?

[EDIT]: I just realized this thread is getting off topic. Continue this over here.

23. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    back on topic-so what is this about a bowling night eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.