main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI March Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Heh, my friends and I wanted to do a fan film awhile back but we lacked the funds and motivation. It seemed like a good idea at the time but...I dont know it kinda fell through. I would be interested in being a part of one but I also lack the computer knowledge for the rotoscoping and stuff too. Ah, this meeting should be really exciting new people yay!

Forcebewitya!

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yes, Saturday March 19th at 11am in the Food Court of the East Towne Mall (not just any of the many malls in Madison).

I'll be looking forward to seeing all of you there. I also think you should bring the fan film stuff. Who knows? Maybe you can generate more support for it. Never hurts.

My wife doesn't seem to want to go to the mall. I think she's sick. Maybe I should check to see if she has a fever or something. The mall is her home away from home, so something's gotta be up. Huh?

Anyway, I can't wait for Saturday.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Well I'll be there
    I'm not running up north this weekend so I'll be there around 11

4. JinxKatarn

JinxKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2001
    Sounds good...I'll have my wife and my film-partner/buddy coming along. We had to swing by Milwaukee so we'll just make a trip out of it.

I'll see if I can't get some of the CG work I'm doing right now put out to tape, lot of it is low quality stuff we're using for timing but the opening sequence/title crawl (if you call it that...it's a different "spin" on the title crawl idea) is nearing completion.

If not, we'd be happy to talk about it! Looking forward to being there.

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    thats cool
    Hope to see you there

6. raptor182cnort

raptor182cnort Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey guys, long time SW fan, new to the Madison Board. Do you ever get together during the week? I would love to hook up with fellow SW peoples and talk, but my weekends are chalked full for the next two weekends. It really would be refreshing to talk to real fans that know Star Wars, I am teased mercilessly at work when I bring it up.

7. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    We usually don't due to work and/or school during the week. Weekends are usually the best for us. It doesn't mean that we wouldn't consider meeting somewhere during the week.

8. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah though we have met once durng the week, a couple of us at a resturant that was cool.

it might not be until after C3 though before we can meet again, though if enough of us go we might meet during the Oddcon/filmcon event

9. raptor182cnort

raptor182cnort Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm thinking really hard about going to C3, it is kinda pricey, and I dont think I can go all 4 days. Is the Madison group going together, or are you all going seperate?

10. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    One is going for sure, another one is likely to go as well. I won't be going I don't have the money

11. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'm not going to be going to C3. By choice. I could if I wanted to, but I choose not to.

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I am the one that is for sure going to CIII, I got my badge today. I am going by myself, traveling with my mom. But once I'm down there I hope to meet up with fellow fan force members if I can find em.

Forcebewitya!

13. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Our cell phones will be doubling as commlinks at C3, so be sure to keep your phone handy so we can find you. I have phone numbers for any of you who have their's in the phone thread on the Milwookiee board. If you don't post there and want to exchange numbers before then let me know.

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, I put mine in the thread. I'm pretty sure but I'll have to make sure I at least have your cell phone before we go. I need to get my area extended to reach down there though before the con.

Forcebewitya!

15. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I wish I could go, but it's a bit far for me and money is still a little tight. I could go and face the consequences later, but I don't think I want to.

I hope everyone has fun there and brings back loads of pictures to share with us less fortunate.

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yes, Well you can count on me for pictures. We'll have to have a meeting when we all get back.

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.