St. Lou, MO March Meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Yep, with the month of March breathing down our backs it is time to start planning the meeting. :D Any suggestions, comments or dates that works better for everyone?
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'd offer to host but don't think we'll be ready quite yet, maybe April.

Any movies coming out that we all want to see?
  3. Darth_Cygnus2112 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I don't know if this is done at meetings yet, but it would be cool to have a "moment in star wars history" at the meetings. What I mean is if there was any significant moments in the history of the movies that happened in March, we could note them at the meeting. I would even do the research. I am thinking about stuff like casting calls, production stuff, awards the series has received, ect. I just think it may help bring a historical perspective to the meetings, and how these great movies, and the genre, has affected our lives. Just an idea, what do you think?
  4. shcook1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    If there aren't any movies or other public outings that people want to do, you're welcome to come to my place any weekend but the 18th. There's always Dave & Buster's, too. :)
  5. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Susan's or D&B's sounds good to me. Any date after 3/11 works for us.
  6. Burger_King Jedi Youngling

star 1
    we should try and get a table at a trivia night
  7. Darth_Cygnus2112 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I like the D&B idea too. It has my vote, if I have one:)
  8. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I vote Susan's or a trivia night table. Habitat used to have theirs in March let me look into that.

EDIT: Habitat is having their Trivia Night on March 25th. It is $120.00 for a table of 8 (so $15.00 per person if there are 8 to a table). They usually have pretzels and popcorn and there are prizes for 1st place. They also sell beer and pizza at the event.

Here is a link for more info:

https://www.blacktie-stlouis.com/calendar/index.cfm?FuseCalendar_ID=7735&FuseAction=ShowEvent
  9. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Unfortunatly I'm going to have to vote not D&B because I'm already going to be there once in late March/early April for somebodies birthday, and I don't really want to afford that.
  10. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the idea of an actual trivia night. Course, I also like the idea of hanging at Susan's too.

I'm busy the weekend of the 11th, but anytime after that should be just fine.
  11. Darth Gangrenous Game Host: 10 years anniversary!

Game Host
    star 10
    Any date is fine with me.

Not pizza! :_| :p

It don't really matter to me what we do, I'm easy. :D
  12. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Oh, I totally agree with Frank--no pizza!! LOL

I am free as of Friday for anything! :D
  13. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Ok, so does the 25th work? And do we want to try the trivia table or just meet at Susan's? It says we need to RSVP, but I couldn't find a date by... so if we are doing this, I will need a head count to make the reservation.
  14. Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *face faults*

THe one day you guys plan to do something on a Friday is the one time I actually agreed to work for someone else....
  15. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    ummm, the 25th is a Saturday...

Plus this hasn't been decided upon as of yet. Is there any interest in meeting this month????
  16. twilek69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am up for either trivia or Susan's. But, we need 8 for a table for trivia.
  17. shcook1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Either activity is fine with me as well. Even the possibility of people coming over should be enough to motivate me to clean the basement and unpack more toys. :)
  18. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Totally lets meet. 25th sounds fine to me and I don't care about the activity. Always wanted to try the trivia thing and I still want to see Susan's place so I can plot to steal her toys :p
  19. shcook1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Did I say unpack more toys? I meant lock up...:p
  20. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    I have no preference what we do as long as you give me my one night a month to be away from my family.[face_laugh]
  21. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    How about this month we take up Susan's offer, and we then can plan a trivia night when things slow down a little for all of us?

If that is okay with everybody, next question is: what time? and what do we want to do? Watch movies, just sit around and gossip **I mean talk, play games...well, you get the idea! :D

Place your votes here... :p
  22. shcook1138 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    There's always Amy's suggestion that we get drunk and try to assemble all of my Lego sets. :)
  23. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    That gets my vote.
  24. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! A drunk lego assembly contest! And we could watch movies while we're doing it.;)
  25. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, could we try the star destroyer?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.