main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA March Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    After a bit of discussion and such, it has been decided to carry forth with our original plans for this month's meeting. I know a bit last minute but it is us.:D :confused:

So the meeting will be at the Tulare Galaxy Theatre Friday March 17th at 7:00pm which means 7:30pm.

As to the Agenda? I have an Agenda but that is mostly Universal domination.[face_mischief] For the meeting we will discuss trip to FIDM, costumes, and upcoming elections. If there is anything else please let me know.

Saturday is a practice/gathering here at the Wizard's. Since we need to go to Fresno to pick up fabric it will be after 3:00pm. I think dinner will be turkey.[face_chicken]

Mother P.

2. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    Toad's birthday plans got changed a little bit but they still involve tomorrow night so we're still out as far as the meeting goes. Saturday Jerry gets off at 3 so we're planning on being at the shindig whenever it starts.

What fabric are you picking up?? I cut out the blue wool tonight for my cloak and now my hands and arms are all itchy. Good thing it's gonna be lined.

3. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Last week after Faire the Wizard and I went to Hancock's Fabric and found some fabric for Obi Wan. That was the sample you saw in class. We were not sure if it would tea dye to a good color so we only brought home a sample. The next day we called Hancock's and bought the fabric over the phone to make sure it would not disappear.:D

Sorry you guys will miss the meeting. By the way, V For Vendetta was really good. Different from the novel/books but not too badly done. I also have a theory that Natalie Portman filmed the balcony scene in RotS while filming parts of this movie.

4. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    We'll be there. Are people still watching V, because we'd like to.

5. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    if the meeting is at 7:30, then I'm guessing that people won't be seeing the 7:30 showing. It's on the big screen so I think Quinton and I are going to try and catch that one. Hopefully, we'll get to visit with you guys before hand

6. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    Sorry we didn't make it. Quinton came down with a fever a couple hours before leaving. We gave him some motrin and he took a nap but he still couldn't kick it, so I ended up renting a kids movie for him, grab'n some Quiznos for Erin and I and staying in to take care of him. He's a trooper though cuz I woke him up from his sickly slumber, he got dressed and everything with every intention of meeting up with everyone, but at the last minute just couldn't make it out the door. His fever lasted throughout the night and we'll see how he is this morn when he wakes.
    Hope everyone had a great time last night, sorry we missed.

7. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    You missed all the fun.;)

Really you missed a lot of talk about the different costumes in the FIDM exhibit. We are trying to decide about another trip. Things are not looking good for next weekend as far as a group trip is concerned.

I informed the group about the change in the June Disneyland trip; the date is now June 25th instead of 24th due to the premier of Pirates.

And next month we will be meeting in Porterville. The Vice "I was press ganged" Chancellor is going to make the arangments.:D

We then had cake. My birthday cake was great. Cheryl made a Red velvet cake covered with a red frosting and Greg decorated it with a Sith Black Heart. It was beautiful.

I am sorry that Quinton was ill but I do hope that he is better today. People are coming over here about 4:00 for practice and stuff so join us if you are able.

8. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    Well happy belated birthday Bette! I hope your day was a special one!

9. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    hope quinton is feeling better... sorry you missed the movie, it was pretty cool! i saw it again after the meeting with jeannette and justin, didn't know what jeannette would think of it but she actually liked it better than justin did (and he says that he did)

*humming the overture, and wanting to get a lot of knives and learn how to dance pretty with them*

10. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    Just to be sure, no one is planning on going to FIDM this weekend? We're taking Toad to Disneyland and planning on going to see the costumes as well, probably Sunday.

11. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    not me, ma'am. but have fun!

and belated happy birthday to ms. yoadie-toadie!

12. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    arg, they're not open on sunday. looks like we're going to have to go as soon as they open on saturday and then head over to d-land.

13. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    I was going to tell you that tonight at class. I keep forgetting that they are not open on Sunday and about the no photos policy.
    Too much time there during Star Wars exhibit.:D

I need to start looking at Hotel rooms for San Diego. I know that a lot of people start reserving rooms in Feb. but I have discovered that I can do just as well if I wait. Okay, I will not be across the street but I'm not sure that is always for the better.

See you tonight.

14. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    I love Disneyland...since I was a kid it has always been one of the few places where the world disappears around me and all is perfect for those few magical hours.

Me jealous.

-Lorenzo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.