main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq March Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LetoQuorme, Mar 10, 2007.

1. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Okay, group cuddle at Aaron's. I call the middle!

2. JABBA_JO

JABBA_JO Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    I call the opposite side of [face_chicken]

3. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Ok, this started out as fun ribbing with Lor as usual, but now something is bothering me. He posts that they wanted costume characters for the shoot. The thread down below says if anyone was interested in just going to see the show they could. He never even mentioned non costumed people could go even though it was posted in another board they could. It only showed up here day of the show.

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    What happened there, Aaron, is that Ken brought it up on the Mountain Garrison forums and it was discussed for a couple of days there. I think it was just forgotten to post anything about it over here. I know James is usually on top of that...

5. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    So then you can see how it could look like it may not have been for certain people to know, doesn't it? I couldn't have been the only to see it that way. This is how all the trouble started the same time last year. Haven't we learned anything from then?

6. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    We were on top of it. Thursday during the rehersal Scott Conners himself told us to invite friends and family to be in the audience. You guys knew just shortly after we did. We're not trying to start film careers and hog the spotlight. They asked specifically for a Wookiee and at least two stormtroopers. I wish more troopers could have made it because it would have been better. I'm well aware of the fiasco that happened last year and that is the reason that I made the original post about this as a future opportunity being open to everybody including non-501st Mos Alba members when possible.

Irony - an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    You're right, Aaron. I don't know much about what went on last year, other than through the grapevine, but you're right. It's time that we all make an effort to move forward.

James did his best to post this as soon as possible.

And James, your definition there looks mighty familiar...[face_plain]

8. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    It does? I just pulled it form dictionary.com.

9. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Aaron brings up a good point, Mos Alba love it or hate it. If it was not for Mos Alba the DRS
    would not be around. Most people found the Star Wars club through FF Mos Alba. Jess, Ken
    a few other are the founders of the DRS, they came from Mos Alba . over at the DRS boards there are post do we want Mos Alba to be with our Troops or events. Don't those FOOLS know that they are one and the same. Scott has a good point it's the same faces on both boards. I think that both DRS and Mos Alba are very important to each other. fresh meat for the Empire.

just my 2 cent's

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I think that's the point right now, though, Joe. Not everyone that's in Mos Alba is part of the DRS. Yet. [face_devil] Tis only a matter of time...

We've been fortunate so far in not having events where it was requested for ONLY 501st or ONLY FanForce. Other areas have not been so fortunate and have had this crap drive a permanent wedge into that area's fandom. Really, who comes out and supports Star Wars events in our area? Both the FanForce AND the 501st. I think the thorn in some people's sides (and that's not just here in Albuquerque) is the public believing that all people that show up for some local area event are 501st troopers, whether in costume or not. I don't see a need to say "YOU ARE IN THE LEGION, AND YOU ARE NOT." Others might feel different, I don't know.

Again, I don't see a reason why the two can't work together as we used to in the past.

11. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Ok, let's be adults and get over this. The complaint I've heard from the DRS in the past is that when the DRS was trooping they were billed as Mos Alba. That bugged some people. The two groups were run as one. Jess and Ken were great to start the DRS but they have moved on to other things and the leadership has changed for both groups. When the DRS troops they want to be represented as the DRS. That's all. Most all the members of the DRS are also in Mos Alba. Some more active than others. That's great!!! Both groups can co-exist easily under new leadership as they should. It's time to set our petty squabbles aside and get over them. We are moving forward. End of story. We continue to grow and with that comes change. I for one look forward to seeing both groups grow because you are all good people. Except for Aaron, he's a bad dancer and smells funny. ;) :D [face_laugh]

12. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I see it as a complete different situation as last year. I don't think there was anyone trying to focus the spotlight on them on this situation as it was the case last year.

As far as a seperation, to be upfront I can honestly admit that I have supported seperation on the DRS boards as well as others and fully support my decision 100%, and that's all I have to add.