March Meeting

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by Yodaa, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    This months monthly meeting will be held at Round Table Pizza in Porterville on Friday, March 21st at 7:30 PM.
  2. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    He beat me again...oh well, okay the agenda so far: FIDM (yes we have not gone yet.) Possible events to attend in SW garb. Movie premiers (Horton will be done by then) but we still have Indy, Batman, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and for Yodda, SpeedRacer.

Upcoming conventions of interests include BayCon and ComicCon. There is also DragonCon but it is on the East Coast and may not be possible this year.

Okay, I think that is all for now. If anyone has an idea let me know.

MP
  3. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    I doubt we will be able to make it as that is Allison's birthday.

Seriously though, that is Toad's birthday weekend, AND, it's hard enough for us to either make a Friday night with two kids, or find babysitters, and then get to a Visalia meeting. Porterville is pretty much not an option right now.
  4. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I understand the kiddie problem and I would not want Allison Saphira to be upset about her birthday being pushed aside.;) I have asked this question before and will do so again; would it be better to change our meeting date?

Remember, this date was decided by the 'old republic' and I know that it has been brought up in the past but perhaps it should be brought up again. I know that you now have the two children problem and I always worry about Derek having to come from work and rush to the meeting. We also have some difficulty at times, so I will bring this matter up once again and see what is decided.
  5. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    How 'bout Saturday afternoons instead?

...Or we could try spinning, that's a good trick.

[face_monkey]
  6. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    The one that spins the longest without falling down....gets to throw up on everybody else?

Or maybe not.[face_shame_on_you]
  7. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah. On second thought, never mind[face_sick].

[face_monkey]

Is the meeting still going to be in Porterville? I'd heard there might've been a change to accommodate the birthday girl(s).
  8. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    No it will still be in Porterville. There had been talk of moving it to the Starbuck's but I'm not sure what happened with that idea. I think it will be discussed at the meeting. We have also found a location in Tulare so we can have meetings there as well.
  9. Yodaa Jedi Knight

star 1
    I look forward to seeing everyone there. I signed up Katrina today and have her paperwork. Just need to get her to join the forums. Unforutunatly she won't be able to make it this Friday, so everyone welcome her when you finally get to meet her. :)
  10. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    LOOK! Meeting Minutes!

Minutes for the March 21, 2008 meeting.

Meeting was called to order at 8:55 pm.
    Members present: Barry, Bette, Chris, Derek, Dr. Greg, Jeanette, Josh, and Lorenzo. Two new members attended for the first time: Chris and Woody from Bakersfield.

Events: We discussed the upcoming trip to FIDM on March 29th. It will be a day trip and we hope to leave around 7:00 am. We talked about this years Mickey's Halloween Treat and decided to try for tickets on Halloween night. The trip was great fun last year and we would like to go again this year. It appears that more people are interested going this year so Bette will keep checking for the start date of ticket sales.
    We talked about the next movie premiers and our list includes; Indianna Jones, Batman, Star Wars, and Harry Potter.

Conventions: We talked about the upcoming ComicCon in July and also BayCon in May. WonderCon for next year was mentioned. As of now Bette, Barry, and Derek are set to attend ComicCon.

We have added a Collection Division to the group so keep an eye on the website for updates.

Meetings: We talked about possibly changing the meeting day from the third Friday of each month to perhaps a Saturday afternoon of other evening. Nothing was really resolved as a few were in favor of Saturday but others were undecided. We are going to extend our meeting places to include Tulare and Bakersfield. It was also talked about having meetings at members homes instead of meeting at Borders, RoundTable, or even Starbucks. A couple of members also stated that they were not happy with meeting at Borders as they do not feel comfortable. Our next meeting may be held at Lorenzo's house but the date is unknown at this time. He will contact to give us the date. As of now we will try and decide on our meeting place as part of the agenda.

Derek moved that we change our elections to December instead of June and to extend the current officers until the December elections. The motion passed. Club elections will be held in December and the current officers will continue until in thier duties until that time.

Also it was announced that Cheryl was press-ganged into the position of Holocron Master (Photographer) Dr. Greg was also press-ganged into being the Sargent-at-Arms since he was next ot the blaster.

Meeting adjourned at 9:30 pm.

And a good time was had by all.

MP-
  11. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think trying for a new day/time for monthly meetings isn't a bad idea at all. Unfortunately I'm not going to have a set schedule for a while, but I'm pretty certain Fridays won't work for me anymore with either work or the kids.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.