San Fran, CA March Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tatooinepadme, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow, I'm really excited to see the number of new people who will be joining us. I look forward to meeting all of you! In addition to wearing the SFFF t-shirts, I bet we can also leave word with the front to have them direct people to us.

Rachel - given that we'll have a relatively large group, have we called ahead yet to set this up with the restaurant? Most places appreciate advanced warning, and perhaps they can set aside an area for us ahead of time.
  2. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    i might not be able to attend, but im 80% sure I wont have to work sunday
  3. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    (If) I'm able to get off of work early, the earliest I can get there would probably be after 5 pm.
  4. irishjedimaster Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can give up to 2 people a ride, if necessary. Feel free to email at rn_odriscoll@yahoo.com, or post.
    Russ
  5. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, it's great to hear we'll have so many new members at our meeting!

I just wanted to post a friendly reminder about the web domain renewal fee ;) The total cost was $17.00. I heard from a few people a while back they were willing to chip in but so far only have a donation from Tom ($3.58). Maybe we can finally get that exchange taken care of at the meeting :)
  6. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry about that Kathy. Definatly, everyone remember to bring a donation to give Kathy for the website.
  7. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for offering to give people a ride, Russ. That's very nice of you. It's great to see people carpooling. Did you mean from the Bart station, or from farther out?

If anyone would like to share a ride from southbay, let me know. I'm guessing Kathy and I will probably go together, leaving space for 2 more people.
  8. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks - and for the brand new members I don't think they should feel obligated. It's their first meeting and just getting a feel for the club. But the veterans who told me they'd like to contribute to the web site a while back, this weekend would be a great time to take care of the funds ;)
  9. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wont be able to get there till 4 :(
    better late than never ?
  10. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Of course. Between ordering, eating, introductions (since we have so many new people) and the list of topics to discuss, I'm sure that we will still be there at 4pm.
  11. irishjedimaster Jedi Knight

star 1
    From wherever. We will be in the City most of the day, so pretty much equal distance from any other point in the Bay. Maybe not San Jose. If anybody lives up here in the hinters, I can probably pick you up before we leave in the morning. As far as the introductions go, all of us that have posted on here regarding wanting to join already know each-other, so that will cut down on some time
  12. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    It will be like two groups of friends coming together. [:D]
  13. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    It was great to see all the new faces.
  14. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    i agree, good meeting guys :)
  15. SWFAN3 Force Ghost

star 1
    Unfortunately, I was not able to attend meeting.
    Request next meeting be held in SF.
    Thank you.
  16. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
  17. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep. At the meeting we talked about rotating the location around the Bay Area since we have members spanning the whole Bay Area now.
  18. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Strange how the meeting was in the East Bay, when most people at the meeting were from elsewhere. :rolleyes:
  19. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe next time we can have it in Petaluma.
  20. irishjedimaster Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lol, theres really not a lot to do up here. Its main draw is its proximity to Lucas Ranch, I suppose, but if you just show up there they will probably call the cops, and then we'll probably have to have the meeting in a jail. Plus, I dont want to put anyone out. Theres only three of us up here, after all. I tend to agree with SF as an idea, largely because its centrally located to just about everywhere else in the Bay (about an hour or less from everywhere). It is nice to see new places, though. The Bay Area is beautiful, and this is just one more reason to go out and explore it.
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, we haven't had a meeting in a long time at LFL at the Presidio. Too bad you guys weren't part of the club when we got an invite from LFL to watch an episode from The Clone Wars in their theater. Wow, that was definitely an honor!

As for Petaluma, if you're interested, I can organize another field trip to Steve Sansweet's growing SW collection. :) As far as Skywalker Ranch goes, you'll have to get me really drunk to reveal the address, which I've sworn to secrecy.

[face_not_talking]
  22. Callisto_DAerisian Force Ghost

star 2
    sorry i couldn't make it guys, been really really sick PLUS i wasn't going all the way down to union city for a meeting :( sorry!
  23. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yah, I hope we dont have too many more of those
  24. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you guys have requests about meeting locations, let me know. I am open to anything. I just trying to spread the locations around since various members were objecting to always having to drive long distances. Now that we are truely the Bay Area Fan Force (marin, east bay, south bay, sf) [:D] maybe SF is now the most central place. Let me know what you guys want for the next meeting.
  25. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I like the idea of moving the meeting around. It doesn't have to be a different city every time, certainly, but I think some variety would be nice. If we are saying we are the Bay Area group, then let's be Bay Area and not just always SF.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.