main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN March meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by tennesseejedi, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Yeah, there doesn't have to be a "fan group" war. That's about as pathetic as these "site wars"

2. tennesseejedi

tennesseejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    exactly Jeremy. so lets drop this conversation and move on. it's so great to be a Star Wars fan right now anyway in any capacity so lets leave things how they are....running smoothly....for the TSWCG/Knoxville!! Y'all come on out and join us for April.

--tennesseejedi--
    --knoxvillejedi--

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Thos forum is here for the Star Wars fans on Knoxville to get together and become an official fanforce chapter. All people are welcome to post here, the potential members of this chapter will be into many aspects of Star Wars. If you look around their are several other collector groups around that work with their fanforce chapter and help promote eachother. Some chapters of Fanforce form their own collector groups.

It is in everyones best interest to work together.

If someone is interested in starting their own club that would like to be considered c chapter of fanforce, you are more than welcome to. The benefits are worthwhile as you can see from all the other existing FF chapters.

We will not tolerate anyone saying do not join fanforce, join our group instead type comments.

Please be kind and considerate of eachother.

Thank you,
    MysterySith
    TFN Fanforce Global Support Admin.

4. tennesseejedi

May 27, 2001
    how many times do i need to explain this........

let there be a Fanforce if there must,but no where has anyone said not to join a Fanforce and to join our collectors club instead. i will not tolerate any comments further "advising" me that a Fanforce is in the best interest of the TSWCG/Knoxville. anyone who wants a Fanforce is more than welcome to start one here. again, if the TSWCG/Knoxville members want a Fanforce then i'm sure we will be asking you in the future for more information.i have now had three different "administrators" email me about becoming a Fanforce and there are groups out here that may not want to be part of a Fanforce. just because we use this board for postings does not warrant harassment from TFN staff about having to become part of a chapter. if someone out there wants one to start one in Knoxville then so be it Jedi.:)

these boards, i thought, were open to ALL Star Wars fans so lets please drop this and start thinking about all the great things that will be taking place over the next few months.

--tennesseejedi--

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Tenneseejedi, let me explain this again. We ARE NOT trying to pressure your collectors' group into becoming a FanForce chapter. I have said this numerous times, in one fashion or another. I simply contacted you about it because I thought that since your group is already active that you might be interested, and if not, then maybe you would like to lead the charge to form a FanForce chapter. That is all.

I apologize if you felt as if we were pressuring the TSWCG into becoming a FanForce chapter. We would just like to see a FanForce chapter in the Knoxville area.

All MysterySith was saying in his post is for everyone to be courteous to each other and to not tell everyone how to think or what to do. If folks here are interested in forming a club not connected to the TSWCG, they should be able to do so.

Again, tennessejedi, I apologize if it appeared we were pressuring your group to be a part of FanForce. That is not our intention. You must remember that this is a FanForce forum, dedicated to fostering the formation of FanForce chapters. Anyone can indeed post here, but please do not try to talk other folks out of starting their own club. You said you did not do this, but this statement from your post of 3/14 sounds as if you are:

i think a Fanforce for Knoxville has potential in the near future. right now we as a group are represented by "another" Star Wars site and webpage as the TSWCG.

While you might represent the TSWCG, you do not represent all fans in the Knoxville area. Please do not presume that you do.

And for the record, I never said that FanForce would be the best thing for the TSWCG. I simply stated that it might be beneficial.

And as for the charge of harassment from TFN staff, where did you come up with this? I personally thought that we were being very friendly and helpful, especially since a few people from your area had expressed an interest in forming a FanForce chapter. Did you read my post from 3/18? Here is what I said:

Hey again, guys! :)

There has been some misunderstanding about how FanForce works. I don't want anyone to feel as if we are pressuring the TSWCG into becoming a FanForce chapter. I'm simply trying to generate interest in forming a Knoxville FanForce chapter, whether or not the TSWCG is involved. FanForce is simply a way to make it a bit easier for fans to find other fans in their area. This is beneficial to everyone.

NOTE: FanForce DOES NOT control what local FanForce chapters do, we just help promote fandom and the actual "real life" socializing of SW fans.

And yes, people can be a part of a FanForce chapter and the TSWCG. As I have mentioned before, several of the Atlanta FanForce members share memberships between several other local Sci-Fi groups. In fact, this has been a very good thing, as we participate in each others' events. It's good PR for everyone.

And several posts after this one, you posted this in a message on 3/19:

so lets drop this conversation and move on

Why should the folks here drop it? Several of them have expressed an interest in forming a chapter, so why shouldn't they discuss it?

Either I have not explained myself very well, or you have not read all of my posts. I have never said that the TSWCG had to become a FanForce chapter. I suggested it, right along with the suggestion of forming a brand new FanForce chapter if you did not want the TSWCG to be a part of it.

Look folks, I just want to help fans in the Knoxville area get together. If the TSWCG does not want to be involved in FanForce, that is fine. Their members are still more than welcome to post here and to tell everyone about their meetings here. But, if any of you folks would like to start your own FanForce chapter, I'm more than glad to help out. :)

Once again, I'm sorry if there has been a misunderstanding.

6. tennesseejedi

May 27, 2001
    minacia--

the "we" i spoke of clearly was the TSWCG/Knoxville and yes "we" are a collector's group that is run by another non-TFN Star Wars fan site. i was not talking about the entire city here, Minacia, but yes i do speak for the group as you do for your Fanforce. i think that TFN and Fanforce should not presume that they are the only fan site out there and that everyone wants to join because it's TFN. there are others that do just fine on their own. i acknowledge that there are some people out there who would like a Fanforce here, and yes there has been pressure. how come every time there seems to be activity on the Knoxville board, there has to be someone saying to start a Fanforce again and again. can't we communicate about Star Wars without constant reminders? we all know by now how to get in touch with you if there is interest.

i did say to "drop this and move on" about this subject because i ,personally, am tired of talking about it. start a new thread if you must to discuss a possible Fanforce. i will continue to communicate to ALL Knoxville fans/collectors what is happening in the area of Star Wars for Knoxville. you say you "just want to help Knoxville fans get together" which is what we have been doing all along and pretty darn well i must say. no, i do not speak for all fans in Knoxville. i do ,however, speak for the TSWCG/Knoxville and say again that a Fanforce is welcome anytime and when that time comes, "we" as the TSWCG/Knoxville will make the decision to become members.

i respect TFN and Fanforce for their use of these forums and their role in the Star Wars community, but please respect the TSWCG/Knoxville as well for our role in bringing many Knoxville fans together to share their passion for Star Wars.

this will be the last time i speak about this. i think by now both TFN and TSWCG/Knoxville have expressed their reasons about Fanforce. Knoxville fans now need to decide if they want a Fanforce or not. many are content with the way things are right now. either way, Knoxville will be STRONG with the Force.

--tennesseejedi--

7. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    First of all, I?d like to say that I had a great time at the most recent meeting (despite the poor treatment my body received from Shoney?s Breakfast Buffet?the rest of the day). I enjoyed meeting everyone; and though I am not a collector, I did not feel excluded, or otherwise unappreciated. Much fun, it was, and I?m looking forward to the next one?eagerly, and with enthusiasm.

That being said, I would welcome a local FanForce chapter in Knoxville. Regardless of its involvement with, or independence from TSWCG, it would be nice to have. And I see no reason why these two groups could not co-exist harmoniously?and perhaps even symbiotically.

8. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I agree tennesseejedi. It is time to nip this in the bud.

Just to clarify some things:

how come every time there seems to be activity on the Knoxville board, there has to be someone saying to start a Fanforce again and again.

The answer is this: because that is what we, as TFN FF Staff do. When we see activity in a city with no chapter, we jump in to see if there if any interest.

we all know by now how to get in touch with you if there is interest.

Some might. But there are a ton of new users joining the boards everyday. This calls for helpful reminders often. Sorry this bothers you, but I doubt very seriously it is going to stop.

Knoxville fans now need to decide if they want a Fanforce or not. many are content with the way things are right now.

It just seems that FanForce is being taken out of context. The TSWCG is what is considered as a "Force of Fans", i.e., FanForce. FF is just a term thrown together by TFN. Nothing more. If the TSWCG just wanted to make themselves an official chapter on TFN, I would like to think everyone would be in favor of it. It is beneficial you know? Why? Because when TFN's FF advertises by way of C2, etc., it can post your chapter's name, the City Rep's email address and contact info, etc. Trust me, it is well worth being official on TFN. I am in no way knocking TSWCG's promotional means. I just think it is a helpful way for which your group to advertise itself. A channel of promotion so to speak.

start a new thread if you must to discuss a possible Fanforce.

Good idea. I think that is what's needed.

Again, don't get rubbed the wrong way by this tennesseejedi. We aren't out to get anyone or steal members from your club. We are here to help, just as Minacia_Brightstar said. Give it some thought. ;) BTW: If you lead the charge in becoming official, you gain access to the City Rep forum where you can discuss issues among other chapters across the globe. It really is a huge fandom and Knoxville is just a small part of it, as is any other city.

Have a good one and MTFBWY. :D

I'll lock this thread and let Minacia or anyone in Knox create the new FF thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.