main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA March Movie Event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    It was discussed at the meeting on the 15th that we should do a movie outing for our next event.

So for the next week we will take suggestions on movies coming out in the month of march (or that will still be playing in march) that we as a group can go see. After we pick the movie, then we can discuss when and where we want to go see it.

Right, so lets hear what you guys would want to see.....

2. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    So is there anything at all coming out in March worth seeing? or heck...even coming out at the Byrd?

Keith

3. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    You might start by looking on yahoo movies and I guess the byrd website to see what is scheduled. Then post what you would be willing to go see.

4. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Ann said that Fifth Element is showing at the Byrd at Midight next weekend...and the week after that St. Elmo's Fire. I'm definitely game for Fifth Element. And I have a feeling I'm gonna go to St. Elmo's Fire whether I like it or not ;) hehe.

Keith

5. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I think getting things together for a week or two down the line maybe pushing it (correct me if i am wrong guys). Looking at the number of people we have and how things go based on time length from finalized plans to actual event: the more time the better, if it is under two weeks the turn-out suffers.

I think that seeing the 5th Element would be great (another chance to see Bruce on the big screen ;) --I am always up for that). However I think as a group effort, it may be too soon. If a majority can/ wants to go, and we can get everyone to post before wed. we can set that.

As soon as I post this, I will rush over to Yahoo and find out what is coming soon in the first run movies. I will edit this as soon as i know.

EDIT**
    I found a list of movies that are coming out in the next couple months:
    here

Post the release date (keeping it in March or April) and the name when you find something you would like to see.

6. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Well I am interested in seeing the 5th Element next week and am more than willing to see St Elmo's alone if I have to. I can't explain my attraction to the movie, I guess I just like to watch things get "out of hand". As for movies coming to theaters the next thing I know I want to see is the x-men sequal that isn't out until May. I'll try to keep a closer eye on the Byrd. They tend to show a lot of good "midnight classics" -Ann

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    According to the byrd site, on the 22nd the MIDNIGHT movie will be T2.

That may be another issue--that the midnight movie may not work for most people.

8. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    I'm not sure why we are not hearing a response from most of the group. If there is another suggestion I'll be happy to join everyone at any movie that may be decided on. The time is somewhat inconvieniant, I will admit that, however, the price is half that of a normal theater at that time and I am more interested in these titles.

9. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well right now i am not sure i will be up for a midnight movie. Yeah the price is alot nicer, but keeping myself away enough to enjoy a movie may be a different story.

Looking down the list of opening soon, these are ones that i think look to be good.

Basic (MArch 28) with Travolta and Sam Jackson
    hope springs (April 4th) a romantic comedy
    anger management(april 11) with adam sandler and jack nickleson

I think that is a good start...if we want to do it sooner there is always the new Bruce Wilis movie that opens on the 7th ;)

If you would rather hold off on movies till matrix, we can do anything...

10. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Alot of people in my FF went to see Daredevil and it made for a great discussion thread. I personally loved it, But alot of people didn't, and that's what made it so much fun to talk about. :)

11. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Here's another new option:

Read today that Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is starting at the Byrd this week. I know some may have seen it, but I have not and would really like to.

12. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    just wanted to post to let you know why i hadn't been posting O:)

it's not practical for me to come to richmond for a movie alone, so why i'd love to join you all sometime, i won't be able to unless it was in a series of events.

still, all of you but 3 or 4 are from richmond....post! :)

13. MutantJedi

MutantJedi Jedi Master

Jan 2, 2003
    I say we just wait until X-Men 2 comes out, it's only 2 months away, plus I think it's really the only movie that most of the group would want to see. Either that or Matrix, which comes out 2 weeks later.

14. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    If you want to see Harry Potter I really encourage you to do so. The movie does not peek my interest, but I would have been willing to see it if I hadn't already made plans to see the 5th Element later this evening. Two movies in one night may be a bit much for me. I agree that we should plan on seeing X-Men 2 since there seems to be an interest in that. Dare Devil would have been a good suggestion as well if we had thought of this before opening weekend since many of us saw it that weekend. I have no idea when they post normal evening movies for the Byrd, but midnight shows are posted for a month in advance so they are easier to plan. If you do go see Harry Potter I hope you enjoy it :)

15. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    So far, Harry potter runs through thursday. We had not planned on going tonight, and hoping that it continues for at least another week :)
    Have fun at 5E tonight.

16. JSaunders-2

JSaunders-2 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2003
    Well I don't see why waiting 2 months would be an issue with the Byrd costing all of $2 a movie ;)

and Heather, I'm sure if there was enough interest everyone could do say a Saturday all with the movie only being part of the day,...no need to just watch a movie then take off on each other. :D We used to have a blast just hanging out, remember IceAge guys ? heh I think only Kieth and Ann actually went in to SEE the movie while the rest of us hung out in the parking lot and the book store and to this day we still talk about it.

*Reminds Grayson about the 'menu' joke* lol

But yes I think X Men 2 would definately be something for everyone, as well as Matrix 2 (Even though Stacy swears she's not going,...heh I'll just get some cuffs and drag her :D j/k )

*EDIT* : Not enouh coffee in me to be grammatically correct the first try :D

17. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    matrix 2 definitely sounds good :) a while from now, but i definitely plan on seeing that (as well as like 15 other movies coming out in the next few months....i hate that like i like watching movies so much...but matinee baby!).

gods and generals was ABSOLUTELY fabulous yesterday :) i'm definitely seeing it in the theater again.

18. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm up for a movie anytime. Any suggestions on a specific date? I don't know what's coming out so...

Keith

19. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I hate to say it, but that is the point of the thread...to find out what movie everyone wants to see and when they want to see it. However, it seems there is terribly little desire to follow through with these plans. But we are going to have a chat soon to pick a date and movie, keep an eye out for the time and date for this chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.