main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY March of the Snow-Mandos!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Jun 23, 2013.

1. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    To be honest, if you went with a boot instead of mukluks it wouldn't be too big of a deal.
    Mukluks are a snow trooper thing and made sense if you combined both snowy and a mando.

IMO, we kinda are doing our own thing. Although you would want to stay as uniform as possible.

Sensei, you are right about weight loss. Snowy seldom comes out during the summer as he pretty much a fleece blanket covered in 10 lbs of plastic. It's bearable, but outside of winter the costume would be a bear. Speaking from experience......

2. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I love this idea!!! Her armor is amazing!!

quigonschuel likes this.
  3. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Mesmerizing...

4. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    I think I have a good idea for my female snow mando.. now to sketch it out.

As far as materials go, we were considering using the Rubbermaid plastic cans? We had discussed it to keep costs down. There was a thread a while ago with some ideas I pulled off of THE DENTED HELMET FORUMS-: LINK

Another idea: Mando on a budget!!! link

5. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

just because!

BobbyFromBUF likes this.
  6. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012

the trash can builds are great and a great starter project for many people. I do believe with the snow mandos we should use a thicker and sturdier material. This will help bring more depth and give our appearance a heavier feel to them.

The trash can armor is still something i definitely want to do, maybe for liams boba fett i started awhile ago.

7. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
  8. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    I have my armor all sketched out! as well as the design for a pretty nasty looking weapon! going to define my drawing today to make it more clear as to my design and add some detail stuffs!

9. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    The trash can build is a great option for those who want to do this on a budget.

10. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    did you decide anything about logos and color theme?

11. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    nothing has been set in stone yet. giving the idea some time to get around the group to see who is interested and who wants to be involved before any decisions are made.

12. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    How much more time should be given? Since we are past the recruitment meeting, could we say that we now know who is "in"? I for one would like to start firm up logistics and a date to start.

72Princess likes this.
  13. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    everyone who is in so far is in the conversation but not everyone has seen it yet, but most have.

anyone can jump in at anytime so there is no deadline to hop on board.

ill post in the conversation in just a bit and we can open discussion on logos, flightsuit/jumpsuits and materials.

so get ready!

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  14. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012

check your inbox on here. i have you in the conversation where stuff will be decided!

AND TO EVERYONE!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED JUST SAY SO AND JOIN IN! ALL NORTH RIDGERS ARE OPEN TO JOIN US! AT ANYTIME!

JUST LET IT BE KNOWN!

15. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    WINTER IS COMING! WILL YOU BE PREPARED?

[​IMG]

16. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    What color will the armor be? White? Off white? I would suggest the vest for the armor being with a shade or two of the jumpsuit.
    Just a thought.

17. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    thats a good question ill post in the conversation and we can vote on it.

18. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I know Dan and I planned on doing white armor but I'm sure as long as we all have one shade of white or another will be fine ...cause I'm sure not all mandos would have sparkling clean white armor so be different shades of white...mandos didn't really have rules like stormtroopers to polish and buff there armor

19. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Even my white armor has some aging to it.
    I have a wait and see attitude towards armor.

20. dcc_jedi

dcc_jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    I am very new to this and need a costume. A group project might be a great way to get started and to meet more members. Please count me in if you don't think I'd be in over my head. The ideas circulating sound great!!!

21. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    You'd be as over your head as me; I'm not new to the group but I've never built armor. I guess the only considerations are you don't have to have a costume to be in the group and building armor could get pricey.

22. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I think I found my boots...now to just wait to see if win the bidding...2 days left hopefully they will stay under $25

23. CloneJelley

CloneJelley Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2011
    Would be interested....assuming I can get back to NY by then...but I am totally TOTALLY clueless on how to make armor :p

72Princess likes this.
  24. dcc_jedi

dcc_jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    I would like a costume (or two) and learning to build armor sounds like fun. I'm pretty handy so with a little guidance hope to make this work. Count me in and thank you!!! :)

Spice Smuggler and 72Princess like this.
  25. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Hey peeps ....I found some boots that might work for our snow mandos they have sizes 8,9,10,11,12,13 and are $25 although thats not including shipping but we can save on shipping the more people that get a pair. I think these wont be as hot as actual mukluks and alot cheaper. yet still look decent and have good traction.
    [​IMG]

dcc_jedi likes this.