main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY March of the Snow-Mandos!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Those look good to me!

2. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012

those do look nice, do you have a link the site? are they rubber? and i wonder how comfy they are.

3. Bjoes666

Bjoes666 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2013
    I'm in for sure! I went to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and have a bit of experience with working plastics and other materials.

dcc_jedi and Spice Smuggler like this.
  4. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Found those boots on ebay

5. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    another custom mando

[​IMG]

6. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    to help people design their own mando armor you can print out something like the pictures below, tape a piece of tracing paper over and and overlay your design! even with little to no drawing skill you can still trace the main lines and adjust or change what you need to change!

just remember to set your printer to draft to save on ink!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dcc_jedi likes this.
  7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Stepping in here for a second...

I cautioned about a few things when we spoke. I don't see a need for calling for people to chime in when a small group if people are carrying on a conversation about this elsewhere. Use this thread to plan out the costume without discussing things elsewhere while stating it is open to everyone.

8. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I am interested in this. I also want to work on a non-snow mando, but I have literally gotten as far as getting an Air Force jumpsuit costume and a side arm. I would love to work on this and take the knowledge to my other mando. I plan on both of these costumes being made out of plastic tote material.

9. Da'Rang Falco

Da'Rang Falco Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2012
    You guys have inspired me and I have already started work on my Snow Mando. It may not be exactly the same as all of yours, but it will be along the same lines. Hey, how about a "symbol" that we can all put on our Mandos to distinguish ourselves as the "snow" Mandos? Just a thought.....

10. Da'Rang Falco

Da'Rang Falco Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2012
    Here is my bucket that is already in progress. Yes it's a Hasbro bucket, but trust me, you won't know it is once I'm done with my mod!:

[​IMG]

11. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    We are all planning on getting together to work on our armor in case you'd like to do that. Also see earlier in the thread for the proposed clan symbol.

12. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Gots some pieces in for my custom mando helmet since al the styles I have wanted already have only been limited edition and not doing any more runs of them.

13. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    My helmet cam in last week. I brought it to Dave and Lisa's wedding. Pretty nice but it needs some work before it will be game ready. On the plus side it gives me time to get my suit and guns ready......

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  14. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Since a lot of us either have a helmet or are in the midst of ordering one, and I've heard worbla is once again available, perhaps we should schedule a weekend to get together and make some armor? I'm good Saturdays after 4pm and Sundays after 1pm. In September, to give us time to assemble materials, that would be: 9/28, or 9/29. Either of those dates work for people?

15. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Did you end up getting those boots? And, what are some tags to help others find them or similar?

16. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Sounds GREAT!! I'm in!! I will check the family schedule about hosting. I recommend you order the Worbla now- it can take about 3-4 weeks for delivery. I just received 2 more large rolls and am really excited about getting started!!

17. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Sounds great! Will order as soon as possible. I'd be free on 9/28 or 29.

18. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Worbla is out of stock. I am following the Twitter feed and will let you know when it will be back in stock.

19. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Okay, so still looking at 9/28 or 9/29 depending on worbla supplies. Speaking of which, roughly how much do you recommend any one person get in order to make a "typical" mando with the caveat that having extra is not a bad thing but not having enough would be close to tragic? One roll? Three?

20. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    One roll would get you started and maybe completed depending on the degree of what you are doing.

As for 9/28 or 9/29, I won't know if I'm in town until next weekend at the earliest. Perhaps all of us can chat Saturday

21. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Worbla is in stock

22. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    sweet lets get this in gear and roll out.... LOL

23. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Is there a URL I should go to to order or do it through you, Anna?

24. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    in regards to the quantity you may need, when i made my reven armor i bought an extra large sheet and used most of it. I would probably go for 2 extra large sheets. I dont think you will use that much but depending on what style and how many armor pieces you will do will determine that. Plus its always good to have extra!

25. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Here is the LINK for the supplier I use: http://yayahan.bigcartel.com/product/worbla-thermoplastic-l-size-39-25-x-59

I would rather not get into the business of distribution of this product but can help if need be.