1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Buff, NY March of the Snow-Mandos!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Erebus, Jun 23, 2013.

1. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
    Re: Approval: For myself, personally, I am definitely in for meeting MERCS standards. Worbla is not listed as an approved material but I am happy to build and submit. There is a Dented Helmet Builder who recently built a female Mando out of WORBLA and she is getting rave reviews. I am not worried.

Re; Boots : We can use boots with a WEDGE. We can cover laces/buckles with spats or armor. Personally, for me, I am hoping for minimum 3 inch wedge. If we design some kind of cover/spats.armor/for them, we can all select something that accommodates us and cover them for uniformity. Just a thought.
  2. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    72Princess likes this.
  3. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
    Expandable foam tutorial.

Then cover with paper mâché to protect and harden!!

Be sure to activate closed captions!
  4. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
  5. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Can't wait until Sunday. I have some things to hopefully try out and some stuff to discuss as well.
    Wild Sidewalker and 72Princess like this.
  6. jediprof Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I signed up with the Mercs forum and Worbla is definitely an approvable material so we shouldn't have a problem. A high wedge is fine with me. I really liked the shoes you found earlier. Perhaps we could do an armor cover with worbla?
    72Princess likes this.
  7. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    I just received approval to move forward with the proposal to use the museum workshop and its tools in exchange for being willing to allow the public in to watch and ask questions, for the museum to keep any CAD designs and mistakes manufactured, and participate in workshop related museum events -- at this time the proposed makers fair in March 2014. Based on a review of this thread, the following people seem to have made clear they are in agreement with these terms and will be using the inaugural work spaces this Sunday, September 29, 2 - 5 PM:

1. Chris B
    2. Dave B
    3. Dan L
    4. Steve L
    5. Bill R
    6. Michelle S
    7. Anna S

If I am incorrect, please let me know ASAP; I am calling Doug tomorrow to accept his offer, firm the appointment time, and give him the confirmed names. Speaking if which, Slot 8 is currently open. I've heard through the grapevine that Kyle and Biz are interested but neither have posted anything here so the slot is up for grabs. On a related note, while the Snow Mando thread will continue, management of the workshop has been approved to move to its own thread and be officially open to the entire club. Thus, slot 8 could fill quickly.

See you all Sunday!
  8. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Biz can make it at 3pm. She gets out of wok at 2
  9. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    Okay, I will consider that as an official reply:
    8. Elizabeth B
  10. Otto_den_Ktulu Force Ghost

star 5
    Sadly I just realized I double booked myself. I will be in Rochester for a play off game for the 19th Century Baseball league I play in at the Genesee Country Museum. Sorry folks!!! Hopefully I can make it to another one these sessions, it sounds like an amazing learning experience.
  11. Darth Erebus Jedi Master

star 2
    I am without internet at home for the time being so I have to venture out to wifi spots to check my stuff.
    I apologize for not being around the boards much as of late.

With that said

I am really excited for Sunday! I have some stuff I am going to bring and looking forward to just oogling all the equipment! :p

hehhe

On the topic of warping worbla. I wore My darth revan armor the entire day of the bisons game and it held up great! No warping or cracking or anything of the sort. So no worries there for people new to worbla.

Ill post again before Sunday.

Go go mandos!
    Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  12. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
    questions re: details for Sunday: what should we tell the front desk? Shall we meet Bill at the main entrance and go in together?
  13. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    That sounds like a great plan!

I gave Doug everyone's name so the front desk should know who is attending this session of the workshop. But I intend to get there first thing and be at the front desk to help everyone get in.
  14. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    Reminder: this Sunday is 2-5.
  15. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
  16. jediprof Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Looking forward to it.
    The list of what I am bringing: Worbla, craft foam, saran wrap, large masking tape, scissors...
  17. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Other than Elizabeth, we should all plan on meeting up at 145-150ish and then proceed in and meet Bill at the front desk
  18. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
    I will be there early as well. Bring the same as Michelle but also: heat gun, gesso, wood glue, lap top with miifii, camera, brushes, and a few reference books.
  19. 72Princess Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh yes, and Bills Worbla!! And $ for Dan! ;-)
    Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  20. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm bringing much of the same; armor making stuff. Money for Dan and Steve.
  21. jediprof Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Dan, can you pm me the amount I owe you for the helmet?
  22. jediprof Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Sounds good.
  23. Da'Rang Falco Jedi Knight

I know I'm not from Buffalo, but I thought I would keep you all in the loop as I'm hoping to hop in with you guys on this. I'm not necessarily looking to make it "Mercs approvable" because I already have a set of Mercs approved armor, but I thought I would show you all my helmet making progress:
    [IMG]

Yes, it's a Hasbro bucket, but let me know what you all think. Thanks, and I hope you don't mind me jumping in with this idea. I think it's really cool!
  24. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    You're always welcome to join in! The more the merrier!
  25. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hard to believe that's a hasbro to bucket under all that
    Last edited by BigDanLevitan, Sep 29, 2013