main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD "Marge, send the kids to the neighbours, I'm coming home loaded!"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by NeecH, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Either way, the current radar loop in Goob's link clearly shows the clouds morphing into a vaguely extraterrestrial stick figure leaning 30 degrees to the left.
    There are several widely-noted eyewitness accounts of UFOs in Australia throughout 1930.
    Coincidence?

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Kahli and Neech phoned me and I then realised that I totally forgot what day it was :_| Oh woe is me, however as it turns out I can't afford to go anyway so perhaps it is for the better considering. Ah well, I am so sorry Neech and you brought my PS2 game and all with you... Not to worry I shall be ready for you tomorrow as we discussed ;)

Again, many apologies. [face_blush]

3. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I just want to thank everyone who made it out on Thursday night... and the few who were able to come to TMNT on Friday.

I've had a great few days in Brisbane and finally meeting everyone was awesome. A big shout out of thanks to CJ for all the driving around you did for us - I really appreciate it. And also to MS for offering his staff discount and setting me up with a bunch of 'Western' TV to watch.

I felt extremely welcomed and am happy to officially call you all my friends.

Sometime in the next few days after I get back home, I'll post all of the photos from the Thursday and Friday (yes, even the embarrassing ones ;)).

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
  5. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Hope you had a safe flight back Neechy-san...
    Already looking forward to your next visit.;)

6. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Had to borrow Goob's shovel for this one...

I'm coming back... again. [face_mischief]

My wife and I are coming to Brisbane for a visit around September 18th. I'll post the exact details soon but the plan is to take off to Hawaii for 3-4 days on September 15th, head to Brisbane/Gold Coast on the 18th and leave on the 23rd giving me much more time to hang out than last time.

Anyone care for a Bar Wars?

7. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    FIVE WHOLE DAYS this time.

8. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Ok, I'm arriving in Brisbane in the morning on Wednesday September 19th and then leaving early morning on Monday the 24th. Unfortunately the whole Hawaii part of my trip has been cancelled because of the Travel Agent's inability to book a stopover there before I head to Brisbane.

Silly me, I thought this was what Travel Agencies did to earn their money.

Anyhoo like I said before, this time my wife is travelling back with me so I was thinking about organizing a dinner/drink thing similar to last time (either on Thursday 20th or Friday 21st). All are welcome.

9. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Sounds fun. Count me in. Friday would be good, as I've got that Saturday off work. Meeting Mrs Neech will be nice, I'm sure. :)

10. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I wont be able to make the friday, because I've got my senior formal.

yay

11. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    That's ok, I'm sure I'll find the time to come into EzyDVD atleast once during my visit. ;)

12. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    MS, can I please be your 'date'.

I promise to dress inappropriately, smuggle in booze, crack on to your teachers AND classmates, and regurgitate the evening's repast into the table flower arrangement.

whatdyasay?

13. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Only if he can YouTube it ;D

14. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Sadly, I don't qualify for the formal. Damned blue card exclusion list! If ewes want in, I know about the after-party. Which was called the post-formal in my day, but I assume has been rock'n'rolled/sexed up for this new generation.

For all Bar Warsians, there's a nightbus that stops pretty much just up the street. I knew growing up in The Gap would pay off one day! Who has MS's mobile #? I don't think I do. I'm thinking wandering through the crowd calling 'where is joshamee Pop-po-tay-toe!' will go unappreciated. Doesn't make it not fun...

15. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Ok, so this Friday (21st) around 7:30 - 8pm at Gilhooleys in the City. I hope to see you all there. :D

16. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    You will be.

YOU WILL BE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.