main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marginally OT: Movie poster design

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I think it's safe to say that everyone making a fan film has been concerned with the poster-making process at some point.

I'm playing around with ideas for the RUN LEIA RUN poster / DVD cover / etc., and I'm trying to find some good sites for the discussion and critique of movie posters/advertising materials. Not just a gallery of posters, mind you.

Haven't hit on anything great so far. Can anyone recommend some good sites?

(And, yes, I know that just looking at posters and seeing what works and what doesn't is helpful.)

Rick McCallum loves you!

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i have been told that the poster on my apprentice's test site is a nice poster...in my opinion the simpiler the poster the better

3. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I agree with macho on this one - I've never been a fan of the Star Wars posters, and when people try to mimick them, it just ends up being a poorly composited conglomerate of screenshots.
    I say you should design your poster, and take the specific pictures necessary.

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Um... I'm not planning on basing my poster on the SW ones, but thanks for the tip. :p

I still haven't found any good sites on the topic at hand. Ah well.

EDIT: As for the SW posters... I like the ones from the 70s-80s, and I like the SE ANH and ESB (ROTJ is too "busy" and somehow managed to leave Lando out). TPM's and AOTC's are way too busy... I guess they just have a lot to cram in 'cause they're new movies 'n' all...

Rick McCallum loves you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.