main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Mario A-Role Playing! (featuring SMRPG, PM, M&L)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rew, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    So despite growing up on traditional Mario platformers (i.e. the Super Mario Bros. series) and having played all the main series games up to the Galaxy titles, NSMB series, and most recently 3D World, I've never played any of the Mario RPG stuff.

Until now.

I have to say, I really like it! So far I've played Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario 64, and I'm currently nearing the end of The Thousand-Year Door. Naturally, Super Paper Mario and then Sticker Star will be next. (I have yet to get to the Mario & Luigi series, but I figure that will come eventually.) What do you all think of these games?

Even though most people say the PM series (particularly TTYD) are easy, I've found both of those games to be decently challenging, but that's mainly because I'm rubbish at action commands. SMRPG by contrast was very easy--which I think is because 1) it's not as imperative to do action commands properly and 2) obtaining the Lazy Shell makes every single battle in the game (even Smithy and Culex) a mere formality.

Anyway, the main things I have left in TTYD are the Palace of Shadow and (gulp) the Pit of 100 Trials... [face_worried]

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I have not played any of the Paper Mario games, and it's my massive gaming shame. But SMRPG is excellent, and the Mario & Luigi series is generally very entertaining. Good stuff all around.