main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    He wear ROTS Anakin´s glove without the part of the hand.

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

Nope, Luke will never die, he can only become one with the force. You should know this.[face_not_talking] :p

VMeran, Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    you mean Doomsday will never be a match for Uber Luke,[face_devil]:D

VMeran, Revanfan1 and nightangel like this.
  4. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    That's no Doomsday: that's a Muun.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Wow. That's awesome...

(instant work desktop)...thank you for posting.

Update: okay I scrolled up...I was hoping it would not be from Heir to the Jedi but that makes perfect sense... (not a fan of the author.)

6. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    so what's Her to the Jedi ? is it a comic ?

7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Jason Reitman on Mark Hamill
    Mark Hamill as the Emperor, Boba Fett, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    And then two days before [the show], I was talking with my buddy Anthony Breznican, who writes over at EW. He talked about doing this Return of the Jediscreening at the Egyptian [Theatre] in L.A., and how Mark Hamill came. It just kind of hit me, and I said, “Do you think you could put me in touch?” It was like the longest of longshots.
    It was [Mark] and his wife’s anniversary. This is kind of a real tribute to his character: he just said, “Is this for charity?” I said, “Yeah,” and he goes, “All right, I’m in.” It was awesome. He was so sweet, and totally understood why it needed to be a surprise until the last second.
    Look, he is Luke. To watch someone else be Luke must be mind-blowing. And to play Obi-Wan and the Emperor! So, he is being his own mentor and his own enemy. [Laughs]
    StarWars.com: Did you assign those roles to him?
    Jason Reitman: Oh, yeah. I said, “Would you play Obi-Wan and the Emperor?” And he loved it.
    StarWars.com: There’s the irony factor of Mark playing these other roles, but also — and this is not hyperbole — he’s probably one of the best voice actors of all time. So, it’s exciting in that regard.
    Jason Reitman: No, you’re right. In voicing the Joker and voicing villains, it’s kind of interesting that you would use his voice today for the Emperor.
    StarWars.com: After the show, did Mark Hamill relay what his experience was like?
    Jason Reitman: Mark Hamill was really emotional. In talking to him, it sounded as though he had a profound experience. That was what I noted after, and that was a great surprise for me. I just presumed, okay, here’s a guy who’s living in the Star Wars universe every day of his life. He can’t escape that. And yet, this was a seemingly very emotional and powerful experience for him. I’m not sure if it has to do with the timing of The Force Awakens only being a year away, and coming to really embrace what a special thing it is to be part of this universe, or the perspective of just watching all these other actors read this movie that you know so well.
    I’ve had people come down before [for movies they were in]. Sam Elliott came down for Big Lebowski and read his role. Susan Sarandon took part in Bull Durham, and Cary Elwes and Rob Reiner came down for Princess Bride. So, I’ve had people there before [playing their roles], but never on a film — maybePrincess Bride withstanding — where the actor is so consumed in their life by the original film.
    StarWars.com: Was there a highlight of the evening for you?
    Jason Reitman: It was all really special. Introducing Mark was probably the highlight. Just saying there was one more [actor], feeling that anticipation, and knowing we’d kept that secret. Somehow, we held that secret — no one knew.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/interv...empire-strikes-back-live-read?linkId=12047239

T-R-, VMeran, TheBBP and 3 others like this.
  9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    this is maybe a hint what he will play in TFA. [face_laugh]

starocean90 likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't want an evil Luke.[face_not_talking]:p

@nightangel
    You can see how much SW means to Mark for him to get all emotional.^:)^

T-R-, VMeran, TheBBP and 2 others like this.
  11. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

sure and I waited for his return over 30 years. :)

So now we only need to get rid of all the 'Luke has no kid/family' people and everything is perfect (only kidding) :p

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I've waited around 17-18 years for the Return of THE Jedi.;)

VMeran and nightangel like this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Nice to hear Reitman's thoughts on bringing Mark in. I'd already forgotten he played Obi-Wan.

I hope they release that in some form.

VMeran and nightangel like this.
  14. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    that's awesome but who is the other guy in the pic he looks like Red Skull only you know his skull is not Red lol but you know what I mean

15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I believe he's a Givin.

[​IMG]

starocean90 likes this.
  16. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Well that's just a given.

17. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    thanks for that, he looks like the killer from Scream, but I think we should call him "Ol Triangle eyes"

starocean90 and Revanfan1 like this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Good call on the Givin.

My first thought was a Muun.

Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Good thought, though. The only thing that indicated Givin to me was this other image from the same issue; it made me figure there must be an important Givin. :p

[​IMG]

Also yes, that's the woman that Luke seems to be attracted to in HTTJ. :cool:

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Awesome,^:)^
    seeing these pics make wish this was an animated movie.:D

nightangel likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Luke in old school Jedi robes is actually kind of inspired. I've seen so much EU with him in dark gear that seeing him dressed like Obi Wan is rather lovely.

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, the prequel Jedi look works well for Luke.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I didn't know that it would translate but it honestly works quite well.

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Love these drawings of Luke, especially the first one! I'm kinda obsessed with the arm guards he has on for some strange reason. I just really like them.

I hope the costume design is similar in TFA. I don't mind different robes from the prequels, but I'd love to see Luke in the more 'traditional' Jedi garb at least some of the time.

25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, the arm guards were what really drew me to the pic. The rest of it was awesome, no doubt, but something about the arm guards just really completes the costume! Kind of like Stephen Amell felt about the mask in Season 2 completing the Arrow costume, I guess. The Arrow has a mask, and Luke has some sweet brown arm guards. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.