Official Info Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were told August last year

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher contacted August last year
    Who is this August that they contacted last year and what does he or she have to do with the film? Whoever they are, it is very kind of them to reach out to him/her.
    Saurion-Fett and DarthLowBudget like this.
  2. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    I vote for the latter. Still, I'd say this interview is very indicative that Hamill and Fisher at the very least could be returning. Harrison is really starting to get old and I know he doesn't like Han Solo a whole lot, but he'd be a great sport if he'd at least return for the first one so they could kill him off in the way he always wanted the character to be killed off....
    Last edited by Captain_Typho, Oct 31, 2012
  3. appleseed Force Ghost

star 4
    I really think Luke in the Obi-Wan/Yoda role as Master and Leia as the head of the Republic is the way to go. They need them to be involved in the new movies.
    JainaSoloYJK and TreborSabreon like this.
  4. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    omg, Pernilla August? [face_laugh]
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    How sweet... they visited their grandma.
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  6. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
  7. Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight

I find it kinda sweet that Lucas had a little sit-down with Mark and Carrie and told them his plans, it's like going back to your parents to let them know you're thinking of asking your girl to be your wife! Anyway, this shows, at least to me, that George still respects and values the original team and I suspect there's a lot thats been said and done behind closed doors. I reckon the ol' gang would be well up for doing these new films, and lets face it, anyway who loves Star Wars would want to see them reprise their characters. It wouldn't even be cheesy or anything because the great thing about the saga is that you can drop in 20, 30, 50, 100, x-amount of years later and still find interesting tales to tell. There's a weird sense of coming full circle here, to have seen a young Obi-Wan train Anakin, who goes on to father Luke, who is in turn trained by an old Obi-Wan, and then perhaps, an older Luke returns true balance to the Force by starting a new Jedi regime. Just me fangasming, but I'd sure like to see that...
  8. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    The meeting was with Fisher and Hamill no Ford........wonder why
  9. Guy-Gone_Weird Force Ghost

star 2
    On TheForceCast I thought someone said Ian McDiarmid was there too. Not sure if thats true, or if it is relevant to the potential story even if he was. He may have wanted to just tell his friend since he was there.
    Last edited by Guy-Gone_Weird, Nov 1, 2012
  10. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Oh boy, talk about misleading thread titles.
    Darth Somnambulous likes this.
  11. Vespasian Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    To quote their father: "yipeee!!!!"

I think that means they will be in Episode VII!

I still cannot believe there will be an Episode VII.:D
    Last edited by Vespasian, Nov 1, 2012
  12. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have been unsure if I'm happy or sad or excited or what about the news but if Mark and Carrie are involved I can't wait. Grand Master Luke played by Mark, "its gonna be great".
  13. yodasbum Force Ghost

star 2
    I don't think I've ever heard Harrison say he doesn't like Solo or hates Star Wars. He owes his entire leading man career to Solo. I think people have added 2+2 and come up with 66. Just because he wasn't certain about returning for Jedi (he had a different contract to Carrie and Mark) or that he wanted Solo to die doesn't mean he hates the character or films. At his age he may have been more worried about type casting or the prospect of a sequel trilogy so quickly after Jedi. He has always been involved with the interviews for Star Wars. He also said 'Read my lips bye bye Indy'. He was in Cowboys and Aliens so I don't see why he wouldn't do another Star Wars especially as a cameo if he gets the death that he wanted.
  14. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    It occurs to me that George may have had the intention of carrying on with these sequels without Mark and Carrie and decided to ask for a sit-down out of respect for his relationship with the actors. I certainly hope not, though, as I'd just love to see the originals appear for one last go around.
  15. Jason79 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I hope mark will at least consider appearing in one of these new movies. If they are gonna call it episode VII there has to be some connection with the previous ones. Otherwise to me it will just be a spin off.
  16. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    No Intention of misleading anyone....sorry maybe you read what you wanted dont really see that as my fault but anyway.... I do believe that as Hamill said they were told to keep things quiet and that even telling the interviewer this much may have been more than what he was meant to. This leaves me to think that ideas may have been thrown arround and he is sitting on more info.

And lucus could just as easy sent an email a couple of days or phoned or met days before the disney deal but to meet in august last year to talk about VII VIII IX thats more than just being told.
    I feel he was sounding them out before any deal was finalized.

But lucky you corrected that for me
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Next time they have coffee together you're probably going to assume they signed a contract for six movies.
  18. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah but you will be there to correct it for me so no panic.......how does contacted mean anything else....
  19. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Walking the dog together? Episode XIII!
    Darth Somnambulous likes this.
  20. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    No flaming. :)
    Last edited by JoinTheSchwarz, Nov 1, 2012
  21. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    He might have already been told or Lucas knew he wasn't interested.

Perhaps he was playing a long game and bidding his time to trap him :D
    Saurion-Fett likes this.
  22. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Maybe they're not in touch.
  23. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    ITS A TRAP!
  24. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thanks for the information :)