Official Info Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were told August last year

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree ...that was a reply to another comment. A lost in translation thing....I meant whats the difference between "told" and contacted...I had used the word contacted and it was changed to Told. I did not mean that it meant they were signed and ready to go.

English....the worst language in the world.

But its still fun to guess and there is no real info yet....so just making do with the scraps we have. Makes the three year wait more fun
    Last edited by Saurion-Fett, Nov 1, 2012
  2. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    He probably just wanted them to have a heads up before anyone else. He probably assumed that reporters would go to them first and instead of them being caught off guard.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk
  3. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    I wouldn't say probably... more like, possibly. Again... assumptions are the enemy, here. :p
    Last edited by harpuah, Nov 1, 2012
    PrincessKenobi and Saurion-Fett like this.
  4. Vespasian Jedi Master

star 1
    I disagree, it's not silly IMO... because it's not only that they are making a new Star Wars theatrical release (like they did with the Clone Wars animated feature) and then Lucas talked with Hamill and Fisher.

Combine these with the fact that it's called Episode VII, continuing from Episode VI.

It's very possible that the two Skywalkers will return in some capacity. Not set in stone, but very possible.
  5. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    This does'nt clear things up
    The seventh film in the series is due for release in 2015, following the news that Disney has bought the production company LucasFilm for £2.5bn - securing the rights to the series and revealing plans to make episodes 7, 8 and 9 over the next nine years.
    And speaking to the website The Wrap, Pollock - who is the author of Skywalking: The Life And Films Of George Lucas - revealed that Lucas had originally outlined plots for tweleve Star Wars movies, which he was given access to when researching his book.
    He also said that the next three instalments could potentially be among the best yet.
    [IMG]Mark Hamill is reportedly unlikely to return to the role of Luke Skywalker (Picture: Getty Images)
    'The three most exciting stories were parts 7,8 and 9,' Pollock said.
    'They had propulsive action, really interesting new worlds, new characters. I remember thinking, "I want to see these three movies".'
    Pollock added that the outlines for the next episodes in Lucas' saga featured Luke Skywalker in his thirties and forties - but said Mark Hamill, who played the role in the original trilogy of films, was unlikely to return.
    He also confirmed that the seventh film would be based on the plot outline he had read, saying that Lucas' stories had been 'in part what Disney bought', and that it would be a completely original story set 20 years after the events of the first three films

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/film/916644-star-wars-7-could-feature-middle-aged-luke-says-lucas-biographer#ixzz2AyTl0U3U
    yodasbum likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Joke swindler!!!
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Where as you are an Adonis, no doubt!!
  8. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I was giving you the reply!
  9. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Dude, bad form. Just a nasty comment.
  10. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You talking to me?
  11. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  12. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    No I have been miss spelling Lucas all night ....it was about that....(crawls into corner)
    Last edited by Saurion-Fett, Nov 1, 2012
  13. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    No, it was about Myke's August joke. Do keep up.
  14. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Sorry, my battery hit 0% and I lost track of it all. :)
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    This new thread title is such a monumental let down. I was infinitely more hopeful when we were led to believe that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher contacted Pernilla August last year. The thought of Luke & Leia reaching out to Shmi was such a sweet sentiment. Whoever edited the poorly worded title is a hope thief. :(
    rhonderoo and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  16. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, I wasn't trying to be rude. I was trying to say that they're simply older, it happens to people.
    KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  17. WhinyLuke Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought he was talking August of this year when he said Last August (the last one)
  18. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Speculation, but still REALLY hoping this means Luke pops up in some form...[face_praying]
  19. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    "Hamill should get his face edited" seems very rude to me.

And what is wrong with the way Fisher looks?
    Last edited by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 1, 2012
  20. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    I said they "could" not they "should", it really comes down to the actors opinion on the issue.
  21. WhinyLuke Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think they HAVE to have Mark in it, even if its small, to be the older jedi and contact it with the OT. Why would Lucas feel the need to take them to lunch and tell them about it? Did he call everyone from the OT and PT? You think Natalie Portman cares. I bet he didnt run out to see Ford. This is strange. Hamill in the last few years has kind of pushed his self out talking and doing Star Wars stuff, but Fisher has gotten more in to with cons, etc
    Last edited by WhinyLuke, Nov 1, 2012
  22. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    She did a few weight loss commercials this year, and other than simply for her health, it may have also been a preemptive pitch to studio execs that she would actually like to be involved with these movies.
    Skywalker2B likes this.
  23. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    So you think Hamill and Fisher are up for getting their face worked on so as not to offend people by having aged?

Awesome.
  24. Darth_Darkmoon Jedi Padawan

Why should the get their faces worked on? If the new movies take place around 40 or so years in the future of Episode 6 they would be older people and look the way the actors look.
  25. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    No they dont