main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Tonight on Mark's favorite show Svengoolie they showed "The Creature From The Black Lagoon" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markdeez likes this.
  2. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
  3. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I like these ideas and I also want to see GrandMaster Skywalker overseeing some students or young knights sparring. I always felt cheated that we've never seen any practice sword fighting --- meaning not just remotes. Plus we hear how a Jedi usually learns or takes to a certain style and sticks with it. I would love to see some practice sessions of the different styles.

I have been wondering who the Sword Master for Ep7 was going to be as I heard it was not going to be Gillard. I think he was offered and declined. (Please forgive me though I don't remember where I read it.)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. zathronas

zathronas Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2014
    My take on a jedi's power is this: The more powerful you are, the more you have to guard yourself against the darkside which is all about power. So when you get to master-level power, when you use your lightsaber, you've already failed. I would love to see Luke in a training duel where the youngster has a lightsaber while he doesn't and still kicks a**!

That for me is a master. He has such control over the force that a lightsaber isn't really useful unless against an equally powerful adversary.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    A bit like Master Vodo Siosk-Baas in the Tales of the Jedi comics. He can take on a lightsaber with an ordinary staff, most of the time.

6. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Welcome to the boards.

Yes, I'm been wanting to see some kind of sparring or training session for a while. I thought we'd see that in the PT --- maybe we'll finally get that scene in the ST -- I'm hoping anyway.

7. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    Sorry, but as much as I want Luke to survive the whole ST, he cannot be untouchable. That's part of what makes a good story. A fallible hero. For Luke, he's already proven himself mentally infallible, or close to it, but he cannot be invincible, in the physical sense, anyway, especially if his character is 30 years older.

Darth Chiznuk , Satipo and dyous87 like this.
  8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    And Antonio Banderas on Zorro!

Gillard didn't decline, he wasn't offered.

In actually surprised they haven't announced the sword master yet. I suppose it allows everyone to just focus on their jobs.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  9. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Double post.

10. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014

They are probably withholding that information on purpose. They don't want us knowing the fighting style. I'm going to guess someone from Game of Thrones is involved. I'd love to see that type of fighting and they aren't filming GOT currently so...

Gemma and dyous87 like this.
  11. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    GOT style would be perfect for SW.

And I remember Lucas saying that Luke is supposed to be the strongest Jedi ever, so yes, that's correct. I hope they kept that in-tact for the ST, even though I don't think he should be invincible. You need a believable plot, tension, and to be worried that the hero might not survive, and may very well lose. That's what makes a movie compelling!

12. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    It would be interesting to see if Lucas ever mentioned anything about the ST and the new lead for the heroes. I have read over the years that the plan was that Luke would fight the Emperor. But we all knwo the plan changed and Luke defeated Palpatine at the end of Episode VI. Then Lucas said the ST would be about the Big 3 meeting at their 60s, but we have yet to find if he ever mentioned anything about the offspring of the heroes or about a ew apprentice for Luke.

I remember reading Lucas didn´t like Mara Jade, so maybe we can expect Luke to be single.

13. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014

There is hope for Mara Jade fans without GL at the helm anymore.

Gemma likes this.
  14. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Very true. My ideal: I want to legitimately worry (even just for a second) that Luke will die. But I don't want him to actually die. RotJ handled that perfectly, and the ST sets us up for that kind of huge tension in a way the PT really couldn't.

Yanksfan, Redimet, dyous87 and 2 others like this.
  15. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    When we first watched TPM we had no idea what was going to happen to Qui-Gon.
    When we first watched A New Hope we had no idea what was going to happen to Kenobi.
    Same should be true for Luke.
    Notice a pattern ;) ?

markdeez and dyous87 like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  17. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

that is ridiculous. Luke would never lose to an apprentice. maybe make him have a draw because he is injured or something, but not lose. yeah you dont want your heroes invincible, but Luke should be able to defeat anyone under the decent circumstances.

18. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd almost like to see Luke turn to the Darkside in this.

19. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    why? What good would that be. he already has showed that he is resistant to it. Anakin was bad enough, this does not need to be a family tradition

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Whhhoooooooooaaaaaaaaa awesome pic.

If Mark had been wearing Jedi robes the internet would've just exploded!!!

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

He didn't hate Mara Jade, he just said that for himself in the films, Luke doesn't get married following ROTJ.

That's the old EU Luke. He might not be that powerful to avoid losing to a younger dark side warrior. Or as Obi-wan said to him, "Your destiny lies along a different path from mine."

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    There was a scene like this in LOTF where Luke was training Ben. He told Ben "make me activate my lightsaber." So Ben attacked him and Luke just kept avoiding him, jumping out of the way, dodging his blows, etc. and Ben couldn't make him activate his lightsaber. In the end, when Ben left, it was revealed that Luke had actually removed the energy cell in his lightsaber so he couldn't have activated it even if he needed it.

23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I'd prefer Luke be the infallible and wise sage. Or even the Jedi Master who is still pretty much winging it like he had to, but still has total control of his role in the Force. We have already seen him skirt the Dark Side and win. I think that it would be too easy and not very original to have him (Like Anakin) fall to the Dark Side and be redeemed.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That scene was pretty cool.

dyous87 and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I like that scene too. I know I am hung up on old eu Luke, but if they make him less powerful it won't be Luke. This is luke Skywalker. He is the full force potential of Anakin Skywalker. He was trained as a weapon in ESB and defeated a great sith lord in Vader in RotJ.

dyous87 and Iron_lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.