main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    If Luke is a villain which character would be the best to either redeem or kill Luke?

Dra--- likes this.
  2. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Daisy. Big leap here--but stunt doubles for both Hamill and Ridley were at Skellig. So there's a possibility that they had a confrontation.

Not sure how they'd make dark Luke work, but I agree that Faraci definitely hinted at it.

CairnsTony and Dra--- like this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    TK327 if Luke is a villain, why masquerade that he's in trouble?

4. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I dunno. Like I said, I don't have a good idea as to how to make this work. I did find the fact that stunt doubles were on Skellig intriguing though.

5. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Not particularly, no.

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I liked the first few pages. Luke taking down that walker then getting caught up in the Force Storm. It unraveled real fast for me after that. Other than that, all that they managed to do with that story was to undo Luke's huge triumph over the darkside in RotJ and then give it to his sister at the end DE. o_O

7. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004

I don't think you can have Daisy dueling Luke just yet. He'd wipe the floor with her.

It's possible maybe Luke could bring her there to kill her, and she has to fight for her life to escape while waiting for daddy in Falcon to swoop in and save the day.

Why would Luke want to kill her? Simple - any descendant of Anakin Skywalker is a threat to the galaxy.

Maybe Luke has turned into this guy who is afraid of what force users could do to the galaxy and wants to make sure he's the only one in order to keep the peace.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Maybe Luke kills Han (he got in the way), setting up a Daisy revenge plot for Episode VIII!

Will Daisey succumb to the temptation and take a step towards the dark side?

CairnsTony and Dra--- like this.
  9. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I don't agree with this interpretation. His comment, "What if he followed the Lucas who was intrigued at the idea of having Luke turn to the Dark Side at the end of Jedi instead of the Lucas who overruled it, as the series was essentially for kids?" is within the context of his criticisms of Lucas. Devin hates the prequels and thinks Lucas lost his way. This is just an example he's using.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, either interpretation could apply.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    If there was any truth in this, it would make the filming on Skellig Michael make more sense. We know it's an action scene and there appear to be lightsabres involved, but I would assume Daisy would be lucky to get out of that sort of confrontation in one piece.

A couple of ideas that popped into my head, were maybe he was swayed towards the darkside by the Big Bad because he felt there was no other way of defeating this new threat. Fight fire with fire or something like that. Or perhaps this possible superweapon is some sort of Dark Side Nexus that overpowered Luke when he got too close, making him darker. Mad stuff perhaps but fun to speculate!:)

Dra--- likes this.
  12. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Or it could simply be lightsaber training.

markdeez, Gemma and Dra--- like this.
  13. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    if Luke goes dark, the number one reason why I'd be interested in seeing that is because of Marks work as the Joker.

In no way am I suggesting he'd do anything like the Joker's voice....but the man knows how to do evil.....

and I kind of like the idea of the reasoning behind it being his only option...it gels with the rumours of Luke having been waging a secret war for many years and being very worn down and tired. If he's been trying to defeat this evil for so long he's probably tried many things...maybe the dark side is the only option he hasn't tried?

markdeez and Dra--- like this.
  14. Buried In Time

Buried In Time Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    1. Every insider seems to agree that Luke is being held captive by the villains. Why wouldn't they just kill him?

2. There was a rumor a while back that the baddies were trying to resurrect a Sith Lord. Hmm, I wonder who...

3. Now word breaks that Palpatine is returning, but Ian McDiarmid isn't.

4. Of course Sith acolytes would pick the son of Dark Vader to be the Emperor's vessel. Luke's spirit somehow gets evicted and Palpatine sets up shop in his body. Mark Hamill circa 1983 on what his role would by in the sequel trilogy: "It's either going to be on another plane of existence, or not the same character. And I can't really say why without sort of getting into sensitive material."

Dra--- likes this.
  15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

I just don't see Luke falling to the dark side. Not because I hate the idea, I'm open to it if done believably, but because in my mind Luke is too strong to go full on Darksider. I do see him becoming very grey, though. I know a lot of fans don't believe in the grey realm of the Force, but I have a feeling it's quite possible that grey Force users could be made canon in this new trilogy.

Dra--- likes this.
  16. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Luke has already used some dark side force powers already. He used force choke on those gammoreans that were barring him for entering the Palace. he could've used mind trick or something else but nope, went for the force choke. I wonder if it is a continuation of that where he uses it where he feels its necessary and not actually have that fall to the darkside.

Gemma, Dra--- and Rabs like this.
  17. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think if he does go, it has to be willingly (i.e. no temptation) and tapping into the full destructive power of the DS to destroy the super weapon or something, knowing that he will not only die in doing so that by turning to the dark side, he will no longer be able to retain his identity after death. So the ultimate sacrifice, without the safety net of the force ghost thing. That's the only way I could see it working personally. Darth Luke has zero interest for me.

18. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

This is why I think we might see a Grey Jedi Luke. A Jedi like Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan would've used a mind trick. A Sith or darksider would've cut the Gamorreans down or Force choked them to death. Luke took the grey road, and choked them into submission. I really think this is the type of Luke we'll see in the ST.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    The thing with this ST is that they have to open a closed story. They know it is very difficult to find an enemy that is as dramatic as Palpatine. Luke turning to the dark side could play this powerful role Palpatine had. But I donĀ“t think it will be as direct as "now Luke is Darth Luke". Probably he is fighting the new enemy, and neither the Solos nor Daisy nor Boyega know he is no longer the bright boy they once knew. Probably he even starts training Daisy, and they are trying to defeat Driver and at one point he wants to go too far.

But I find Luke turning bad a terrible idea.

20. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Let's not forget Yoda and his entrance into Palpatine's chamber in ROTS. The two Red Guards were down in like 1 second after Yoda waved his hand around.

Apparently, as someone else pointed out, it was intended at the end of ROTJ for Luke to put on Vader's mask and say that he wants to become the new Emperor or something like that. But they ditched the idea because it would be too dark for the tone of the ending Lucas had planned.

Gemma and Dra--- like this.
  21. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    Me too. Thanks to the previous 6 movies, Luke Skywalker as a character has been defined by the fact that he can not be corrupted. It was his purity that saved his father and compelled him to fulfill the prophecy that had been set up all the way back in Episode I. Why throw that all away for nothing more than shock value?

I don't think it will happen, anyway. If Luke uses dark side powers, it'll be because the filmmakers have found a way to present it as the right thing to do.

Dra---, Darth_Bertie and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    That was never a serious intent. It was a throwaway comment by Lucas, who was trying to make a point. Later, Gary Kurtz misremembered it and the myth was born.

Visitant, Revanfan1 and Darth_Zidious like this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    [face_dunno]

Visitant and Darth_Bertie like this.
  24. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I agree. I made a bit of a leap when he followed that with saying something to the effect of if what he's hearing is true, the direction the movie will really shock the fans. One obvious possibility would be a dark side Luke. But, of course, there are other possibilities.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    "If you will not be turned, perhaps she will"
    "NO!!" Opens a can of whoopass.

"Once you start dawn the Dark Side, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Luke is only human. He has emotions and embraces them. He knows right from wrong but, anything's possible given the right trigger. I'd be surprised if we see the same wide eyed farm boy from the OT. People change. It's 30 years later and we have no idea what he's experienced during this time.

VMeran, Gemma, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.