main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He'll do so great that he'll win 573 Oscars.

2. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I understand that some may not have seen one of Mark's projects for awhile, but he's been a working actor for all of his adult life. Those who do have concerns, I think, will be pleasantly surprised.

Hamill is one of us, he grew up a fan of these type of stories, and understands how they work, intrinsically. And nobody (save Lucas, perhaps) understands the character of Luke Skywalker better.

If Mark is indeed on board for the ST, we'll be lucky to have him. And I predict that he will rate as one of, if not the highlight of Episode VII.

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What else is Mark going to do if he refuses to be in SW?

Episode Swag likes this.
  5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I don't know........my guess would be:
    [​IMG]

6. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

It's funny, it seems like good ole Samuel L Jackson is doing a whole bunch of talking about SW lately...angry ex GF anyone?

Skywalker Thing, DarthBreezy and T-R- like this.
  7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    He's going to play the part honestly, as he always did. It's like riding a bike. He IS Luke Skywalker.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well then he should do SW and I can take over for him.

9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    i already volunteered to be his stunt double

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I agree. Why would Mace Windu be in a sequel to ROTJ??? Makes zero sense.

Sam Jackson needs to STFU.

11. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    It does worry me that none of the original three have been confirmed.

Mark is the one I worry least about. Ford seems so anti-Star Wars that he may not be a good Solo. I'm sure he's putting it on, but we know he wanted Han dead, and 30 years later he hasn't changed his opinion. I'm not sure about Carrie either. She's acted less than Mark. If they keep her part small we should be fine.

But like I said, none of them have been confirmed, which is disappointing..

Episode Swag likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Carrie's insufferable trolling to the fans that she's going to be in SW is not funny or clever either.

Episode Swag and Darth_Pevra like this.
  13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Giggle manaically like the Joker while he counts all the money he's made over the decades?

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I think Sam was joking. He obviously knows that Mace wouldn't be in it. Even if Mace survived RotS, he'd be like 110 years old in the ST.

As far as the OT3 being confirmed, they've all been unofficially confimred by Lucas, the actors, and Iger.

Yeah, from the OT itself he made between 3.5% to 5% of the profits in a point system from Lucas. The movies made something like $2 Billion worlwide in all release, and cost less than $100 million. Do the math.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And yet there's a thread in the NSA forum suggesting that Mark might need to take the E7 role for the money. :rolleyes: :p

16. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    He hasn't had a chance to rust.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am now anxiously anticipating the scene when they all return to Tatooine and 3PO gives Luke an oil bath.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You said it.

Yeah, and in the past, I've heard people suggest that the reason he's done conventions is purely for the money, too.

Like I said, he's one of us. He gets what the culture is about and he appreciates (and reciprocates) the love of the fans. From everything I've ever seen or read, either from him, or from folks talking about him, Mark is a class act.

He's probably the only celebrity I actively hope to meet someday. An autograph, or, say, a picture with him. Heck, just the chance to shake his hand and say "thank you" for all of the great memories. Yeah, I'd really like to have that chance some day.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Mark's voice will be rusty and squeaky which will be hilarious.

20. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Actually the Criminal Minds episode was last season's finale, and indeed he was really good in that. If he can play a serial killer, I wouldn't worry about it.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Where is that Joker laughing clip, again? Or worse - 'Crow'.... [face_nail_biting]

and @Trebor Sabreon - yes he IS a 'class act' - He's one of the nicest people you could hope to meet. :)

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

23. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I'm not an expert on this topic, but seems to me like acting is not something you get rusty at... Either you can do it or not. I see no reason why he will not perform at least as good as in the OT if not better...

Episode Swag and Skywalker Thing like this.
  24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    He is one of us. He used to go to ComicCon and geek out just like we do when we meet these actors.

Here's a personal story on how sincere he is.

I met Mark back at GenCon 1995 in Milwaukee where he was signing FREE of charge to promote the Wing Commander CCG. He was there with his wife and daughter and was a class act all the way. He was signing at 2 places, one from 10-11 and the other from 11-12. The 1st line was already huge by time we got into the old Mecca Convention Hall so my group headed to the 2nd place start the line.

By time Mark got to our location around 11, the line was already up and down the aisle and zig zagged around the back of the hall. Biggest line I ever saw for an autograph (actor, athlete, or politician). He took his time with each person, talking and shaking hands. We got up to him around 11:15 or so. The security guard told Mark he was going to cut off the line because it was so long. Mark told him that it's not 12 yet. The security guard told Mark that the line was already too long and he wouldn't be able to sign for everyone. Mark told him not to cut the line off until 12 and that he would stay there as long as it took to sign for everybody in line. The security guard said it might take all day. Mark simply joked that he might need to have someone get him lunch.

The guy right before us in line had a RotJ poster and asked Mark to sign it. The guy from the CCG company said that Mark was only allowed to sign Wing Commander merchandise or the free promo card. Mark ignored it and signed it anyway, saying he understands that he is most famous for being Luke.

Our turn. Mark was awesome. He took his time and talked with us. He even had his wife and daughter sign my Commander Blair card. My childhood hero surpassed my wildest expectations.

We went to check out how long the line was when we were done. At ~11:30 it went up and down the aisle, zig-zagged 4 times across the back of the hall, and wrapped around the perimeter wall so the end of the line was right near the zig-zagged line at the back of the hall. We had a few games scheduled so we went and played those events.

We went back in the hall to check on the line and find out how long Mark stayed. The hall was only open for another 30 minutes or so. He was still there. He was still engaging everyone and shaking hands and smiling just like he did with us earlier. The line still went up and down the aisle and partially along the back wall. They were telling people in line that Mark said he would stay as long as it took to sign for everybody, even if it went past the hall closing.

That's WHO Mark is. That's WHY Mark was perfect as Luke. That's WHY he'll be perfect again as an older Luke. That's WHY Luke should be the main character of the ST. He connects with the audience better than most actors because he is the audience as well.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I am impressed.

Going by his role in The Simpsons, he has a sense of humour and is not afraid to poke fun at himself, too.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.