main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There's an easy solution then: write some screenplays, get a couple made, make a name for yourself in the industry, get hired by Lucasfilm and write Episode VIII. You better get started soon. :p

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I expect Luke to be a focus. yes . especially if he is gone for decades and the nu will not be able to have him in novels during the in between time

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Luke will be a focus, yes, but he will not be the main character. And the whole "captured for 30 years" thing is becoming increasingly unlikely, I think, so there will eventually be novels and comics about Luke between ROTJ and VII, I'm sure. Look, the thing is–from what I've read of your posts, you have a very specific way you want to see Luke depicted in VII, and anything that doesn't fit that is unacceptable. As much as I, myself, want to see Luke as a Jedi Master that has trained several students, is married, and has a kid, I am willing to wait and see how things turn out, not write them off as stupid because it doesn't line up with what I think we should see. I think, in order to avoid disappointment, you should allow a little bit of flexibility, and realize even though Luke will not be exactly what you want him to be in the ST, he also will not be as bad as you're fearing, in all likeliness.

4. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    That type of flexibility might be hard for me as I have had 37years of Luke a certain way. Especially the last 23.

5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I understand that. But I've had that same Luke too, and I'm willing to compromise. The thing is, for all intents and purposes, the EU Luke and the ST Luke are two different people–ROTJ is the splitting-off point, of sorts, with the EU taking one direction and the ST taking another. I'm sure the ST Luke will still have the most important traits of the Luke we love–heroic, unwavering, willing to put others before himself, etc.–and that's all I care about. So he's possibly been captured at the beginning of the ST. Everyone treats this like a big deal, but Luke was captured twice (albeit willingly) in ROTJ, and how many times in the EU? One of those times being in Heir to the Empire, literally the book that was the starting point of the EU as you know it.

Tell me: if you had no knowledge of the Thrawn Trilogy, and someone told you that in it, Luke was captured by a character created for that story, lost his connection to the Force, was temporarily the apprentice of a mad Jedi and had to be rescued by the aforementioned character who captured him, got cloned, and was not even the one to strike down the clone or the mad Jedi–how would you have reacted? Or how would you have felt if someone told you that at the end of the NJO Luke was not the one who took down the true Overlord of the Yuuzhan Vong, but instead Jacen did it (bearing in mind that in this scenario, you wouldn't know that it was Luke who kills Shimrra)? Or if someone told you that in Shadows of Mindor, Luke kills thousands of people? All of these sound pretty terrible on their own, without the entire story backing them up. I think that we'll see a similar thing here–the rumors sound awful, but when it's all put together it'll make way more sense.

6. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    The rumor about luke being gone is false

7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    ...?

Okay. [face_dunno]

Darth Chiznuk and Dra--- like this.
  8. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Will have to wait and see but it looks like it not that I would hate if he was as long as there was a good reason.

9. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Is that Carrie Fisher's dog, Gary?

10. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    I don't think so. That dog has a lot more white on it. Gary doesn't have white paws. Why are these things I know?

So who else on the cast is there left to challenge? Carrie, John, and Adam? They should do a group challenge.

markdeez and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Is that Daisy's rubbish bin in the background, there??? I was browsing through her rubbish bin once and I could swear I see it there.

VMeran, Jcuk, my kind of scum and 2 others like this.
  12. Tugann_An_Solas

Tugann_An_Solas Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 24, 2014
    Id love if Hamill only has a really small part in VII, right at the end!

Imagine lots of wide angle shots of Skellig Michael, maybe some mist and stuff maybe throw in a couple of moons but make it look dark and remote and real, making it look really cool and authentic.

Then he's revealed on Skellig Michael coming out of his monks hut all cloaked up, Obviously he'll remove the hood to reveal our bearded jedi master who been in hiding and who follows him out?? Only Ben "***kin" Skywalker all cloaked up aswell, they have a smile and a laugh to one another probably with Daisy.

Set all this scene to the Rebel fleet ending theme from ESB,

One more big shot of the island and then BAMN!

END TITLE KICKS IN!

:)

13. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    That would really suck.

Over three decades after last seeing Luke Skywalker on the screen and this is what you propose? A small part at the end of the film?

Um, no thank you.

14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Theres the problem that a lot of us will have who have been following the EU and buying the books etc.

But I think that casual fans who just follow the films and nothing else won't be too bothered or read too much in to Lukes disappearance if its a decent film.

15. Tugann_An_Solas

Tugann_An_Solas Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 24, 2014
    Hmmm i was kind of working of the premise of less is more, an audience in suspense type thing, plus we get 100% hamill for Star Wars VIII.

But yeah, when you mention three decades your probably right!

16. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Do you think Luke will die at some point during the ST? If I had to bet, I would say he will fight the Sith apprentice in the final battle of Episode VIII and will die to save Ridley and the others. Probably Luke kills the Sith master at the end of Episode VII.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014

If they follow the formula laid out by TPM and ANH, Luke will more than likely fall in a noble sacrifice, though as Ford and Fisher are also supposed to be "mentors" one of them could just as easily fall.

18. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I think Luke's death could be very powerful and it would make sense. If this saga is all about poetic mirroring, then bring it on.

Besides it's not like we'll only have half a movie to empathize with this wise jedi master, we've known him since he was a whiny teenager that wanted to pick up some powers converters.

It's not like we'd never see him again, he'd be the perfect force ghost.

VMeran and Immortiss like this.
  19. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    you bring up an interesting question, who if any of the big 3 will survive and be in the rest of the 3 movies?
    personally i see Han dying, and Luke dying but coming back as force ghost. Leia would survive and be like
    mon mothma in terms of screen time.

Dak Oolron and Darth_Bertie like this.
  20. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Why can't luke stay alive and be a Yoda type of influence, with Boyega or Daisy as the Mace.

21. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

he most certainly could, and i hope he does... i can't see them killing of two out of the 3 in one movie anyways
    maybe han bites it in this one (don't see Ford sticking around for two more) and Luke bites it in ep 8

it'd be cool if he makes it till the end, but i'm suspecting he won't

22. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Just to clarify my point, I do not expect them killing more than one of the big 3 per movie. No way. I do see Han dying on this one. It really fits what we are hearing, with him having as much screen time as the new lead trio. Then I see Luke having a role as big as Han on this movie, but on Episode VIII. I see Luke dying in Episode VIII and returning as a Force Ghost in Episode IX, to guide Daisy in her final fight with Driver. Leia could very well have a very supporting role on the entire trilogy.

Abadacus, Dak Oolron and Darth Malgus like this.
  23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Would you like him to stay alive forever? And maybe you don't want him to age anymore either? In fact, we should want him forever young and his ten perfect children and wife and friends will also never age or die but always triumph and never be defeated, not even in sabacc.

Immortiss and DanielUK like this.
  24. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Sound pretty similar to my signature... ;)

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    At least have him be there up to Episode 9. Or maybe if there is an Episode 10, have him be on his death bed then and tell the next generation to begin their journey. Born in ROTS, Adventures through out Episodes 4-9 and die early on in Episode 10.

Trebor Sabreon, Abadacus and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.