main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Thank you.

And yet this is what some on here want the ST to be. Character shields on all, but somehow with tension!

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    You didn't read the NJO did you?

3. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Some of it... yes. I was already pretty disillusioned with the EU by the time I got to NJO.

Sorry but killing Chewbacca doesn't really cut the mustard.

EternalHero likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    They did more than just kill Chewie. They killed many characters. 365 trillion deaths in all. Plus however many planets that got ruined.

Revanfan1 and JediMatteus like this.
  5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    And the future of the Jedi order. Anakin Solo. But I was OK with it. It brought tension

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    TheBBP
    Are you a fan of TCW?
    The end of TCW could be comparable to the end of the EU couldn't it? How many arcs are left for that? 2 seasons plus? How is that different?

7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

The difference is that TCW is canon. I love me some Clone Wars and I am not broken with how it ended. I believe that the major lingering questions will be answered at some point. They are already taking steps with wrapping up Darth Maul with comics. I believe that somewhere along the way that they will teach us about Ahsoka's fate. I also believe that the final episodes that were released on Netflix have bits and pieces that are laying the groundwork for the future of the Saga.

EternalHero and Dra--- like this.
  8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

You're the definition of negative.

You can complain, but it will avail you little good. It's gone now. The films are here. The future is whatever Lucas, Ardnt, Abrams, Johnson, Kasdan, Kennedy and Iger want it to be.

The EU was always going to be discarded the minute Lucas decided to sit down with his yellow notepad and start writing. That's why so much of the PT outright contradicted the material that was already out there, resulting in massive retcons that would make DC Comics envious. That's why TCW contradicted so much when it began and up through the end. Those stories are done. A reboot begins with the first four novels to make their debut. A new beginning.

First off, the reason it won't continue is that it would confuse people who aren't well versed in the EU. Let's face it, the series was all over the place and a big mess. Lucasfilm wants to set things up so that they can clean the slate and avoid confusion. Second, the EU will expand beyond the ST and go backwards. We know that there are OT era stories set between each film. There will be PT stories and even further back. They won't be the same stories that we've read, but they will be exploring that era as each film comes out.

VMeran, Bob Octa, EternalHero and 5 others like this.
  9. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014

Yeah they "wrapped" up Darth Maul alright. The last Maul comic came out a few weeks ago. SPOILER He is still alive. It'll be interesting to see where he pops up next.

Iron_lord and TheBBP like this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Guys, can we please move the EU discussion to the appropriate thread, and get back to MARK HAMILL in the MARK HAMILL thread? [face_praying]

DL44Jo, Bob Octa, Redimet and 7 others like this.
  11. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I just love his Harrison Ford impression. It is unmatched.

DL44Jo, CairnsTony, VMeran and 4 others like this.
  12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    You don't know me.

13. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Mark Hamill says get back on topic people!

14. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    That's true. We have a thread for the Legends EU. If people want to complain about it, please go there and stop spreading your misery everywhere.

And when all your posts are doom laden, you shouldn't be surprised people believe your negative. That's what you've let us know about you. It's not our fault you don't show a more balanced self here.

As for Mark Hamill, I'm think he's going to deliver his best performance of the series in E7. Can not wait.

15. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013

16. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    ?

I think E7 will be dope.

DL44Jo, Pro Scoundrel and TheBBP like this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Yeah, they spent time bringing us new characters who could possibly eventually take the mantle only to oust them in one form or another to keep Luke, Leia and Han at the forefront. That is not radical or risky. The only thing radical or risky about the EU was Vector Prime when they killed off Chewbacca and the fandom threw fits over it.

18. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Dra---
    That would be great! I'm hoping he'll be in it for longer than ten minutes at the end.

darth-sinister :
    I'm hoping the new stories will be better than the old ones. I'm concerned though that if Luke is indeed a captive for 30 years, that there won't be any stories involving Luke, or involving Jedi for that matter, since Luke is supposed to be the only Jedi at the end of RotJ. If Luke doesn't train anyone before he is captured, there won't be any stories about him or about any Jedi.

T-R-, Revanfan1 and Jedi Older Code like this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Han and Luke nearly died in TUF due to poison. Jaina killed the Warmaster in DW. Jacen killed the true Supreme Overlord. I think you are thinking of DNT/LOTF/FOTJ.

20. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Lets get this topic away from the EU. The final word there is that after TUF, a novel I consider the best of the EU next to the Thrawn Trilogy, any potential the EU had pretty much died.

People throw a fit about the EU getting the shaft, I say thank God. Jason and Jiana earned the right to take over and start a whole new series of adventures with an extended cast of young and new characters. That was what TUF pretty much promised, and what we didn't get. Instead everything that was good about NJO was pretty much retconed away.

Thankfully for the STAR WARS movie franchise to continue to exist new characters will have to take over for the big 3, and that's what we're getting.

Krueger and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    If Mark gets into a saber duel, I hope his technique has evolved into something well beyond his baseball bat swinging he did in ROTJ.

DARTH_BELO and VMeran like this.
  22. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Omg someone just let me know when there's something new to talk about...

23. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    See I kind of hope if he duels its more like this. I want an ancient Sith Lord because then Grand Master Skywalker and Darth Ruin/Plagueis can have a force duel kind of like this I don't mean summoning stuff but I mean the scale of the fight and the raw power and energy.

24. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I can't speak for Leoluca Randisi, but I can speak for myself!

I respect Kevin Smith because he made a film like Clerks on a very miniscule budget, and was able to secure distribution for that film, and go on to inspire an entire generation of filmmakers to make movies. He is still inspiring filmmakers to this day. He urges people to be creative - whether it's doing a music album, writing a screenplay, doing a podcast, or going out and putting together a movie. Kevin Smith cares about the creative arts and urges people to express themselves, in whatever medium they see fit.

Not only that, but Kevin Smith also makes the films that he wants to make, and he puts a lot of himself into his films - something that I truly appreciate. Also, he doesn't seem to have a giant ego or think that he is God's Gift to cinema.

And I'll admit, his films aren't for everyone. But truthfully, I've always found his brand of comedy to be hilarious, and while vulgar, it does serve a purpose. And I'm a big fan of him branching out from the usual films he makes to do a film like "Red State". Also "Tusk" (aka The Walrus) is definitely outside the box from what Smith would usually do (And it looks like it will be one of his best films, to date)

And I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith's writing. Check out the blogs he did years ago in regards to Jason Mewes' heroin addiction. You can find them here: http://silentbobspeaks.com/?p=235 - It's a great read.

Even if you don't like his movies or his brand of humor, you have to admit that Kevin Smith is talented, witty, and a superior storyteller. He is phenomenal at telling stories, live on stage. I love to listen to the guy.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    markdeez,

you said that beautifully, way better then I could ever have and I love hearing Kevin Smith Tell stories on stage also.......

markdeez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.