main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke, er I mean Mark, is one of the most approachable and friendly person out there. If you ever have a chance to see him in person, or better yet meet him, he will make you feel important.

Gemma, T-R-, J_Girl and 5 others like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Trebor Sabreon and T-R- like this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They'll show us R2 and R2 will look the same.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I've heard he looks good now, that he's lost a lot of weight.

6. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

He's looking pretty good!
    [​IMG]

7. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought about that too. Interesting indeed.
    Then again, he is probably not the lead in Ep7, so he'll probably not have to be there all the time during the shoot.

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    He's there for ONE weekend... not a whole run - Unless.....

[​IMG]

10. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Ask and ye shall receive

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45051554

11. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Mark Hamill's voice is kinda incredible, in that he still sound almost exactly as he did as a young man.

Gemma and T-R- like this.
  12. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Nice, thanks!

And obviously, him being at Disney Weekends means he's been recast. Bummer. [face_tee_hee]

jaqen likes this.
  13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    The video wouldn't load for me. :( I'm going to try again.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    So very true.

I had the opportunity to meet him at Celebration V and I had my picture taken with him early in the day. He said a few nice words and I was on my way. Later on that afternoon, I came across him again in the autograph line. When I approached his table, he stopped and looked directly at me and while pointing, says, "I remember you!" He then went on to ask about my day and we had a great conversation. How many other celebrities actually take the time to do that or even remember the fans that approached them? It was definitely the highlight of my trip...well, other than witnessing Carrie Fisher signing some guy's forehead in front of me in line. That was certainly a bit odd, but I guess that fits her to a tee. :p

15. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Meeting Mark at the last Celebration in Florida changed my entire outlook on Luke. He signed my action figure, drew hearts on it and wrote that he loved me. So, yeah, LOVE him now! And the talk on stage that he gave was tons of fun - with a Joker monologue that was superb - and I walked away from that realizing how smart he is. Just earned my total respect. That was also the day GL had taken Mark and Carrie to lunch to tell them the Disney news and talk to them about being in the new movie. I remember because they were both an extra hour late getting back to their autograph booths. Carrie is sometimes late. Mark is never late. So, I cannot wait to see him revisit Skywalker in the newest movie and beyond.

Vastor, Trebor Sabreon, Gemma and 6 others like this.
  16. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks for the video ;) Mark looks and sounds great ;)

T-R- likes this.
  17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Exactly. He's there for 1 weekend. Even during filming of the OT he wasn't on set every day (neither were Ewan or Hayden for the PT), so they can easily work around a 4-5 day jaunt to CW.

Gemma and J_Girl like this.
  18. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    T-R- likes this.
  19. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Yes, a lot of people walk around with the mistaken assumption that the actors are required on set every single day of filming. The truth of the matter is that even lead actors often have several consecutive days of filming off, particularly during long shoots.

Smile_youS.O.B, plaidphoenix and T-R- like this.
  20. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

I want Luke to be rocking a full beard. A lot of great Jedi's have beards! Think of the Styles he could have!

Six likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks but no thanks. Good old-fashioned beardless Luke is fine by me. I won't protest if he does have a beard but I would prefer clean-shaven.

Darth_Pevra, Gemma, T-R- and 3 others like this.
  22. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Mark has a very great memory. My sister was 10 when she met him the first time (at Amadaeus) and she saw him again at the signing of the Black Pearl comic book series when she was 20 --- as soon as he looked up at her -- he said we've met before a while ago --- he's an amazing man and very sweet and generous to his fans.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This is all subjective, of course, but yeah, I'd generally agree with this.

Definitely!

T-R- likes this.
  24. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    I'd go as far as to say, if you look at the whole length and breadth of Mark's work, he turned out to be a far more diverse and versatile actor than Harrison Ford. I love Ford, but starting with The Fugitive, he was basically playing the same types of roles over and over again. Ford is a movie star, he has that presence that Mark doesn't have, but mark is a more interesting actor. With a good script, Mark could really make this movie. I think plenty of people will be surprised by how gifted he is and the amount of work he puts into his roles.

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I am in 100% agreement. Also, before Star Wars, Mark worked in soap operas and I think he did stage work as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.