main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Mark Hamill interview on ETOnline...states "They're talking to us"

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by braddrad, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Lando & Wedge or GTFO!!! :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    "I hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings -- I'm sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that's unfortunate."

Did people not even read the quote? There's nothing nasty about it. It's already clear that he respects the PT, and George Lucas especially. He's allowed to have a slightly critical opinion about overuse of CGI. He didn't even mention the PT, just CGI in general. Maybe he's talking about Avatar...

It's ridiculous to act like he gave Lucas a massive slap in the face.

3. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I agree, the right balance of both practical and CGI special effects is essential, otherwise Episode VII would look as fake as Ryan Reynolds mask from Green Lantern.

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Balance is the Key.....the right balance of cgi vs props ......the right balance of the old & young actors......

Padme501st likes this.
  5. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    JJ struck a great balance with that in Trek, he'll do it in Wars too

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    ST09 is kind of exactly what I want. Key focus is on the new cast but with the old ones in smaller but vital roles whose main part is to guide the main hero in the right direction *and thankfully old Spock wasn't killed off cause that would have killed me just like it did in Wrath of Khan*

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This interview is a negotiation tactic. Stalling for leverage in the press. They'll all be back in the ST.

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Everything else is window dressing.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I would agree, and I hope so. Hamill had me at "Billy Dee". :)

Darth Chiznuk and LawJedi like this.
  10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    And in other news--I mean, the same news--Hamill wants a Salacious Crumb spinoff movie!

11. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    At the thought of more monkey-lizards, LACWAC suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

12. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

LOL... true dat. I just meant here we go again with GL ad LFL and now Disney are ruining MY vision of SW.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, that's so gloomy sad. :(

I rather liked your vision of Star Wars. The film they let you make is possibly my favorite in the entire series...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. segask

segask Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    well if The Big Three can easily be written out if they decide not to show up, then I think that means that their supporting roles will be pretty small and probably not very important to the story. Doubtful that Ford would show up for that. Fisher would be doubtful also. Hamill is probably the only one who would bother to show up.

15. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

Now then, don't tempt. But thanks! I believe Luke is done the Anakin was, when he had nothing left there he moved on. Luke is great with acceptance of situations.

I think we all dream of a SW movie that matches out imaginations. But that's why I feel hesitant to have every blank filled in, it takes away our ability to dream. I like reading fan fiction and don't want every minute of every character documented. it takes away from the mystery and romance.

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well I think it would be a bit more of a major re-write....that' why the negotiation's are going on now ....so they have time to re-write if they fall through...........

17. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Interesting interview. It's good to know, at the very least, that Lucasfilm has approached Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.

I'd say that Harrison Ford is the key here as, in my opinion, he's the one who will take the most convincing that reprising his role from the OT would be worthwhile. As we know, he wanted Han to be killed off in RoTJ, but Lucas didn't want to do so. If Harrison Ford does sign-on for Episode VII, as reports suggest he will or already has, I wonder whether he might put his foot down, as it were, and absolutely insist that Han Solo is killed off in Episode VII or at some point during the ST.

Having said all this, I still think that Luke is the only character that absolutely has to return for Episode VII.

TreborSabreon and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  18. Good Movies Bad Movies

Good Movies Bad Movies Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2013
    We have just posted an interview with Mark Hamill and he states that none of the cast have signed a contract and they are yet to have a meeting regarding Star Wars Episode VII.

Mark Hamill Discusses Star Wars Episode VII

19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Come back when they sign 'em! :p

20. Good Movies Bad Movies

Feb 21, 2013
    As I mentioned in the blog post, I find it odd that they haven't signed them up before writing the scipt.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Redirecting. Welcome to the boards!

22. Good Movies Bad Movies

Feb 21, 2013
    Thank you for the welcome and sorry i didn't see this post.

23. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I think Mark's interview was probably just part of his negotiating tactics more than anything else. I think all 3 will feature, there's no reason for them not to do, they'll have plenty of cash thrown at them and more importantly, have their name up in lights again, which, even for HF these days isn't a frequent occurrence!! They sure as hell won't write them out of it, I'd imagine they've had some form of assurance from all 3 already so they can move forward with developing the story.....exciting times

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, in a thing as big as Episode 7, it's understandable that they want to see the story first before signing on for anything.

25. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Terrible news, IMHO. I have no interest in seeing any of the OT actors/actresses in these new films. They should just focus on the new generation.

The problem is that if the "big three" or even Lando, Wedge, etc. are in the films I have a feeling they may overshadow the newer characters.