main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    :rolleyes:

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  2. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Kylo isn’t a Skywalker? News to me.

Strongbow likes this.
  3. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Kylo is a skywalker by blood. But his name is BEN SOLO. Skywalker name died with Luke. So no more skywalker saga after IX. May be we will get Solo family saga in few years. ;)

4. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Pretty sure LFL has made clear that they don’t care what Ben’s last name is. I remember quite well the OUTRAGE!! at the suggestion that Rey had to be a Skywalker because technically Kylo’s last name is “Solo.”

Also don’t think the timing of the Solo movie has anything to do with Kylo. Han Solo being the guy who, y’know, Kylo murdered.

5. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    LF cares what Ben's last name is bcoz they named him. Stories are planned in advance for years. Story group exists for this reason, so they can plan where star wars is going.
    And Solo movie is releasing between EpVIII and Ep IX for a reason too.

6. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    They don’t care that his last name is “Solo” not “Skywalker.” Otherwise, Rey would *have* to be a Skywalker solely because it’s the “Skywalker Family Saga.”

You can’t have it both ways.

I also wouldn’t assume you understand the reasoning behind the timing of the Solo movie. There were *plenty* of big Han Solo fans who were quite unhappy that Kylo murdered him. I wouldn’t assume that LFL thinks the Solo film will automatically cause audiences to root for Kylo in 9.

7. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    Lucas's plan for the skywalkers was for 9 episodes. KK is following that plan. DISNEY wants to move away from episodic movies bcoz they hinder their plans. Disney wants to milk star wars like Marvel but for people skywalker family is star wars. So Disney wants to have their cake and eat it to. They want to keep the door open on future movies with skywalkers but want to get rid of numbering the movies. Kylo is the last skywalker/solo, if he dies that door closes on that forever and they dont want that.
    People are already rooting for Kylo. Just check any social media even GA is talking about him , good,bad , he has become the most popular new character. Disney has run focus groups on it. This is the biggest hollywood company , believe me they know what they are doing.
    I hope i explained my point better.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Still, the end of the Skywalker Saga, could have been done in a far more classier way, IMO.

ChildOfWinds and nightangel like this.
  9. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Disney expanding the boundaries of the SW franchise isn’t “having their cake and eating it, too.” LFL is capable of making both Saga and other SW films. One has never precluded the other.

I take TFA and TLJ as evidence of what LFL intends for the story and the Skywalkers. I think if LFL made Rey Random, then they wanted to abandon the Skywalker line. Rey doesn’t exist for the purpose of being Kylo’s love interest. His exiatance is not necessary to justify hers.

10. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    LF and Disney ARE capable of making both types of movies and they ARE making them.
    I am just saying there IS a plan regarding the skywalkers.
    I never said anything about Rey at all. I am talking about the last skywalker/solo which is Kylo.
    I think u misunderstood me.
    This is not going anywhere so i am gonna drop it.
    Nice talk though. :)

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    None of this is on the topic of Luke/Mark.

burg2774 and MrElculver2424 like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's both a reference to that and also a reference to the old EU.

13. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Such as? Most suggestions I've heard are sappy wish fulfillment stories.

14. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    It could have been a real returning of Luke and not a fake one. :(

15. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    Real returning of Luke will make it worse.

Either Luke will have to kill Kylo and we have no big bad. Luke thinking about killing his only nephew was bad enough.

Or Kylo will have to kill Luke and we dont have Luke's heroic sacrifice. Luke killed by his own nephew would have made it about kylo like Han being killed by his own son.

And what will Leia do cheer when her brother or her son dies.

Luke actually saved everyone. Like a HERO.

It was actually smart on Rian's part.
    Luke went out as a hero who apologized for his mistake.
    Kylo became the big bad.
    Everyone else escaped to fight another day.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  16. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Spot on...

Strongbow likes this.
  17. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I did not see Luke heroics with these 4 minutes. He left a mess behind him and this was the worst thing ever. Now all Skywalkers are gone and only brat Kylo is left that noone cares about. He is also a Solo by name, so the Skywalker saga is already done with TLJ.

18. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    I'm still hoping that this saga ends well. Despite what I think of how the went about Luke's arc, I still think he's a hero. That said, I still think his arc was short-changed.

19. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    You could argue that things are a mess, but worst thing ever? Man...I could think of a lot of scenarios far worse...like Kylo killing Luke in the flesh, or vice versa, and Leia having to watch that, etc.

The Skywalker saga isn't done; Ben is a Skywalker by blood; name is irrelevant. So it continues on into IX. But basically Kylo is the central character, not Rey, which is weird, because it was supposed to be Rey, but it's really not.

How were those last few minutes not heroic? Regardless of everything before that, if what Luke did at the end wasn't heroic, then what should he have done with those few minutes he had? Sat there and let them all die?

Star war likes this.
  20. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Ben is the central character? I hate him, more than you can imagine. And nope these last minutes of Luke did nothing to me and did not see this trick as heroic after he was running away.:rolleyes:

21. Star war

Jan 23, 2018
    Actually ALOT of people care about Kylo especially now since he is the last skywalker/solo. Even our beloved Luke cared about him.

There's still EpIX of skywalker saga coming in 2019. Maybe you will see Luke's heroics till then.;)

If not, well , you do you bro. And if you can find it in your heart pray for Luke's beloved nephew. ;)

22. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    Lots of people got much more interested in Kylo and less interested in Rey with TLJ.

The ST is still the Skywalker Saga. And since Ben is the only one left, then he truly is what the story is about.

And you didn't really answer my last question. But I assume you're saying that Luke sitting there and letting them all die vs. doing his Force projection to save them are exactly the same...no heroism in either.

Star war likes this.
  23. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Kylo is the character I care less than to any character in any series. Hope he dies in the most brutal way. That would be at least a little funny in the end. Yes I know I'm extreme now, but after what has happened to Luke, I don't care anymore what I want to Kylo and co to happen. Just hate Kylo. :rolleyes:

24. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    Why though? Wasn't it Luke nearly killing Ben that made him turn into Kylo? Maybe you should be hating Luke....(?)

Star war likes this.
  25. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    ohh yes, that's what some want, but I won't do what you want. I will simply ignore this fanfiction instead and keep hating Kylo..

MrElculver2424 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.