main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    That 80s Luke image: Shaken and speared then?

(Ducks the tomato as she flees...)

3. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I too always read Killing Joke with his voice in my head, so can't wait. Especially intrigued as to how he'll portray pre-Joker Joker. Not sure we've heard him do that yet. Will be awesome to see him bring something new to the role and a fitting way to end his run as Joker too. Next we've just gotta get confirmation of Conroy.

As an aside I think it's great Hamill is finally getting some recognition and kudos in the larger press, his career has been labelled as a "failure" compared to Ford which has always irked me considering how consistently successful and in demand he is in his chosen realm.

starocean90 likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Hamill is no failure, he just choose/went on a different path than Ford's and at the end of the day both only have 2 really iconic performances which are Luke/Joker and Han/Indiana. Also Killing Joke is getting a 15 minute prologue to set up the story.:)

So why has there been no discussions of Luke in VII or pre VII or VIII/IX for weeks now???:confused:

Been thinking so if the Seven really are the ones that attacked and destroyed the Academy, why didn't they wait for Luke to come back and try to ambush/kill him. So they leave the place in ruins but decades later when a saber is "reported" found (of course Luke only Jedi in Galaxy=it belongs to him :p) they see this as an opportunity to finally kill Luke. Kinda weird stuff, maybe they did ambush him and he killed the ones still there??[face_thinking]

or the other thing I brought up in the rumor thread, what if we are all wrong and the Battlefield stuff wasn't the Academy than what is the Academy and what happened there????

JediMatteus and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This one is better:

starocean90 likes this.
  6. coxie0520

coxie0520 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2014
    Looks like that concept art of Kylo Ren holding Vader's mask ;)

7. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    A pattern is forming.

10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Yeah... folks are reaching again lol.

coxie0520 and Darth_Bertie like this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    maybe that pic of Luke like that pic of Driver were inspiration for those concept pieces and maybe that's why some of the Kylos look like they were inspired by Luke.:)

12. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Anyone else get the 'Hamlet' feeling? And remember, the story about Hamlet revolves around Hamlet seeking revenge on his uncle......

[​IMG]

Immortiss likes this.
  13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004

A little off-topic, but did you know that's a real person's skull in that photo? Some stage actor died and asked that his skull be used as a stage prop for Hamlet, and the production David Tennant was in actually did so.

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/André_Tchaikowsky

15. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I'm starting to think the latest rumor might have been true. He's pretending to be Luke...... It makes sense now because the original concept art Makingstarwars saw had luke's face as Kylo a lot....It makes sense because Han Solo would be distraught after finding that out and need consoling from Finn...It makes sense because it gives power to Darth Vader and the emperor and shows that they actually succeeded in turning Luke. What it doesn't make sense is....WHY ISN'T LUKE SHOWING UP TO PROVE IT WRONG? Unless there's a reason he isnt'.

Django Fett likes this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    sure Kylo is pretending to be 50+ year old and even takes his helmet off.o_O

17. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    starocean90

We don't know WHEN he takes his helmet off and if it's with the first order they probably know the lie already. Plus that pic of him with the helmet off could just be for the magazine OR when he takes the helmet off might be when the heroes know the truth. What we know is he has the helmet ON when they are about to have the fight in the forest.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I find the entire idea to be ridiculous, would have worked better if Lucasfilm didn't officially announce Driver as Kylo Ren, plus Kylo pretending to be 50+ years old.....
    yeah and that entire rumor contradicts everything Making, so Leia/Resistance want to find Luke only because of a pretender is pretending to be him assuming they don't know the ruse. And it's not really a great way to start a supposed Search for story line....

19. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    If the First Order is cult like then it is possible people would believe Kylo is Luke or Anakin reincarnated. People would fear someone who killed the Emperor. They would fear them to the point of blind devotion possibly.

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I could buy Vader reincarnate but Luke incarnate kinds seems ridiculous...
    Vader with the helmet and potential retrieval of body (maybe other relics too) and considering he's a known mass murder/monster seems like a perfect fit with the First Order, so would Palps.

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Perhaps it's all a ruse to lure out Luke from his hiding?

22. Darth Dookacas

Sep 29, 2014
    If Luke is believed to be dead it is possible for a cult like army to believe he has been reincarnated. If you witnessed someone using the force and you grew up never seeing someone use the force but heard stories of the powerful Luke/Anakin Skywalker you might believe it.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    which works so well that it takes Rey to come to Luke for him to come out of "hiding" and nothing else.;)

what's the point of pretending and basing your entire beliefs on a goody two shoes like Luke instead of people like Vader/Palps that fit the First Order better plus the First Order are most likely a spawn of the Empire. I think Luke being public enemy #1 for the First Order makes more sense.

24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Maybe Kylo keeps his helmet on except when around a few select people who know the secret...Like Hux, Snoke and one or two others. He could wear it in all his other scenes and pose as Luke or Vader.

25. Darth Dookacas

Sep 29, 2014
    starocean90 I see what your saying but I think people would fear the guy that blew up the death star and killed Vader and the Emperor a little more. (people might not know Vader killed the Emperor and over time true stories turn to myth) I understand your POV though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.