main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

nah but the outline we have isn't really a draw either so w/e

fighting is all heart anyway fight me let's prove it lol

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    A big problem with Kylo Ren pretending to be Luke is the scene with Jessika Pava and Threepio. She's excited to hear about Luke and it seems like he's an idol of hers. That would seem to conflict with Kylo committing mass murder in his name.

3. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Why does kylo not seem to give a crap about Finn or Rey after he kills Han??.....Poe blows up the base is that it??? And he goes to his backup launchpad in the woods???

What info does he now know, Lukes location??? Is that what's been speculated???

If the mountain comes down...it must still be in the same danger that the castle was in.....so wouldn't that rule out a reason for him Playing around with Finn and Rey first....meaning he was actively trying to kill them from the get go???.....

I dunno it seems like the likely assumption is the whole segment after Poe does his thing is sort of like Mustafar and the whole place is entirely unstable......but I have speculated before that maybe Finn suffering in pain from (possibly losing a hand) and sensing Rey in danger, loses control of emotions and his untrained Force power, which causes the mountain to collapse and ending the duel....

Could go either way and could play a big factor into how we view Ren, Finn, and Rey's skill levels

starocean90 likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't think Kylo knows where Luke is just that he could use her as a substitute for the saber and use her to find him. Whether that means using Rey as bait to bring Luke or that she could lead to his location, maybe the info is deep in her subconscious mind and she needs "motivation". So I think the info was, that the key to Luke's whereabouts is Rey, since the saber supposedly leads to his location..But then comes if she does know where Luke is why do they need the droids to decode the location???[face_thinking]

nightangel likes this.
  5. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Doesn't the mountain give way under him in the middle of the fight? That would put an end to the fight without Kylo actually losing.

Alternatively, if the fight ends before then, it might be by choice. Kylo supposedly handles Finn easily enough. So Kylo might be pulling his punches with Rey. Perhaps he doesn't want to kill her just yet.

Dak Oolron, Revanfan1, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the fight gets interrupted when out of nowhere a wampa pops out and causes the mountain to collapse.:p

7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    And upon that Wampa rides Luke along with his Jedi apprentice, Wicket Jr.

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    who's Luke's son with Wicket's daughter.[face_laugh]

have to confess I really hope Warwick plays Wicket in VII and that Empire magazine kind gives me false hope (most likely).[face_blush]

9. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Kylo may not be on his A-game either, especially if he just killed his father. That has to be a least a little distracting

10. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    So will Luke be a Force ghost after his death? Will Yoda and Obi-Wan teach him this secret?

11. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014

Maybe Luke will eventually be able to cross between the Netherworld and the physical plane whilst he's still living? Sort of along similar lines to the old ROTJ concept of Obi-Wan returning to the physical realm.

12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    In Heir to the Jedi, Luke is already becoming war weary, tired of losing those he loves. I think this is a theme we'll see repeating for him throughout the new EU. By the time of the academy massacre, I think he'll be ready to turn away from the evil material world of violence, and focus on spiritual growth and enlightenment. He won't be "hiding," as some say, but becoming who he was always meant to be -- a spiritual leader.

I think when Rey finds Luke, it's possible she'll have to convince him to train her. He'll have become too pure and in touch with the Force to want to engage in violence.

If this is the case, it will be interesting to see how she coaxes him back into the world. Perhaps Han's death will be a necessary condition? Then again, if Luke has gained Enlightenment, he would likely view Han's passing as a transition into a more peaceful state. So perhaps Rey has to guilt Luke into training her -- or better IMO, she convinces him that billions of lives are at stake?

13. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

Luke already knows... well he did in the eu anyway. there is no reason to kill Luke in this series at all. Disappointed if they do

nightangel likes this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I still don't see how there would be any convincing there is no time for that in VII and VII teases Luke will train Rey and if there's a timegap between VII and VIII like all the films before then where do you fit in Rey needing to convince Luke of anything. Even if there wasn't the movies are only 2 hours , between the main plot and all the characters (heroes and villains and others) makes more sense if Luke accept to train Rey in VII and you bring up other issues/drama in VIII-IX while he tries to train Rey.

plus Luke needing convincing sounds like he had no plan until Rey comes to him.:p

JediMatteus likes this.
  15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    read Star Wars #7 and young Luke was like his dad, headstrong, not afraid and willing to take on anybody and anything.

16. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    It could be really interesting to have the 'reluctant Jedi' finally embrace her destiny only to find herself up against the 'reluctant master'. :)

17. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I respectfully disagree, at least on the "reluctant jedi" business. That reeks of Hunger Games. Pouty Heroine who just wants to live a normal life and not get involved. No thanks...not for Star Wars at least. I want her to fully embrace her destiny, although at the beginning she can be reluctant (to the extent Luke was in ANH). Just my opinion of course.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    reluctant Luke, could work if Luke is found earlier in VII but towards the last scene and after Rey accepts/embraces her destiny after all the crap that happened in VII and ending up at Luke's doorstep and basically teasing her Jedi future and finding a master to teach her but then Luke doesn't want to teach her.o_O

Plus are we supposed to buy Luke having no plan whatsoever, that he sees his own saber which means even if he didn't cause the saber to come to this girl he supposedly already knows from the past, the force itself brought them together, is his connection/faith in the force that weak that he couldn't sense anything going on or that he rejects a girl that was obviously brought to him for the reason to pass on what he has learned....

19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Respectfully speaking:

Reluctant Rey rings too much like reluctant young Kirk to me. I'd rather Luke not be a reluctant Master, it has been done. If Luke has trained several apprentices and is very powerful, I think he could detect a good candidate from a bad one.

20. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I think you may have misunderstood me: she clearly isn't embracing her heritage at all for much of the movie, but she does embrace her destiny by the end. Symbolically at least, I suspect the turning point may be when Finn apparently throws her the lightsabre in the trual with Kylo.

I suspect her reluctance is due at least in part to the events at the Academy, but perhaps also the thought of ending up like Kylo (if they're related) or Vader for that matter, may be factors. One can hardly blame her under those circumstances...

I've never seen her even remotely resembling Katniss but tbh we just don't have the full picture at this stage.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Dra--- like this.
  21. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I wonder if Luke is aware of Kylo Ren's activities, and who he is? Vader and Sidious weren't aware of Luke's identity until after Yavin, as we've seen in the comics. That was after Vader spent some time investigating Luke, too.

If Luke is living an intentionally isolated existance, would he try to investigate a disturbance in the Force such as Kylo must make? Would he even be able to investigate it? It seems certain that Luke is aware of Snoke, given the flashback, but he may know nothing of Kylo Ren.

So, how does he take the news when he does learn about Kylo? I may be assuming too much, but it seems to me that Rey has at least a hint of some sort of recognition of Kylo's identity, even if it is never explicitly stated in the movie.

Is Rey's revelation going to lay a whole burden of guilt at Luke's feet, just when he'd achieved absolute spiritual enlightenment. How's that going to go down?

Dra--- likes this.
  22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I think he could know just like how both Kenobi and Yoda knew who Vader was, plus if the Battlefield was the Academy like the current assumption, then Kylo was present in the Attack. I'm still curious at what Luke's past relationship to Rey and Kylo were like.

nightangel and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  23. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    we know he briefly engages Kylo, but Kylo flees

24. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think Luke knows Kylo is involved in the academy attack. And I believe Kylo is LukeĀ“s former student.

25. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    JediMatteus

We don't know that. MakingStarWars has been sharing details about the plot for a long time and it's been slowly confirmed over and over again and he's said Luke only shows up at the end when presented with the lightsaber....I choose to believe that.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.