main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    She's a Jedi then and the lead protagonist choreographer.

2. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015

I don't know what the bet is, but the winner should rock this avvy. It's hella cool.

Trikuza23 and Wildcatbarry like this.
  3. HGST

HGST Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 25, 2015

LOL 50 bucks.

Be honest, what's worth more to you: $50 or posting here for a year and a half?

hippie1kenobi and Dra--- like this.
  4. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    I know she isn't canon, but Troy Denning used the Mortis arc from clone wars to explain where she came from, which is along the lines of what you are saying

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
  6. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    Clone Luuke confirmed.

7. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

As oppose to Cesarean Section Luuke or vaginal Luuke.

8. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    So what, exactly, is a cameo? That was my concern and Satipo followed up with a better definition.

Satipo and Dra--- like this.
  9. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I think we should focus on whether or not Luke takes direct action in the film. According to MSW, he doesn't. By not taking direct action, I mean he doesn't take part in the present events of the movie. He may do so in the flashbacks, but he won't be helping Rey or Finn in any direct way. We'll see him in the flashbacks and for a brief period at the end of the film, which some call a cameo. We may also see him as a hologram. But the larger issue is whether or not he takes direct action in the present of the narrative. He won't.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  10. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I agree this would be a good dividing line, which is why I liked Satipo's line of "not directly involved in the action before the end of the duel on Starkiller". He can be featured in the flashback or he can stand there on Skellig for a full ten minutes but the real contention seems to be whether he is actuvely involved in the present storyline.

Dra--- and Satipo like this.
  11. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, that's what seems to be the dividing line to me - either he is found after the Starkiller stuff on Skellig, or he intervenes physically to directly influence the action on either Takodana or Starkiller base.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Remember that a lot of people were fascinated about Darth Sidious,even if he is cruel and merciless and very egotist.
    What if we will have a Luke much more powerful than Darth Sidious,but using the dark side to preserve
    freedom in the Universe,to defense the weak ones,the oppressed ones and so on?
    To use the dark side,you need anger,you need hate.
    But supposing that you like democracy,that you like the laws to be respected and so on;
    And supposing that someone comes and want to not respect laws,to be a tyrant and so on.
    Than,would not get angered on that person intentions?
    Would you not hate that person intentions?
    And if you will use this hate and anger,to stop that person becoming a tyrant,oppressing the weak ones and so on,
    would you be an evil person?
    I doubt.
    So,I am not saying Luke is a Sith Lord who is on the side of Supreme Leader Snoke,I am saying Luke is a Sith lord
    who is on Leia's side and on Rey side.
    But Luke has such a huge power,that he is afraid to not get corrupted by the lust of power and become himself a tyrant.
    So Luke went to live as a recluse .
    EDIT:
    Using the dark side of the force does not necessary leads one to the road of perdition,but is dangerous.
    Look at the Father from Clone Wars,part of the official canon,he uses both the light side and the dark side and not get corrupted,to become egotist and lusting for power.
    And when the Father body dies,he preserves his identity ,because his body disappears.
    His son also used the dark side a lot,without getting corrupted by the dark side,but at the end,because of egotism,he gets corrupted.

13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012

nightangel likes this.
  14. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Hello kids, It's the Luke-O-Tron 1138.

Today's Luke is:

Sith Luke

15. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    mihaitzateo, when I was younger, I never understood why it naturally followed that if Luke had killed Palpatine, it would have instantly made him evil.

I think what we saw from Anakin in AOTC and ROTS is that the Dark Side is like a drug. The more you use it, the more you want it, and the more it compromises your values and clouds your thinking into moral relativism, where you can justify anything. I think we saw that from Anakin, Dooku and Palpatine all three. Yoda's comments to Luke in ESB and ROTJ were 'once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny ...'

Anakin thought he could access the Dark Side to save Padme but remain himself. That quickly became accessing the Dark Side to take over the Empire, and meanwhile, he has choked his wife into unconsciousness and doesn't even care. He is so far gone that the very reason why he turned -- to save Padme -- doesn't even matter any more, because she rejected his lust for power. He blames Kenobi, and at that point, he would rather kill Kenobi and Palpatine and rule the Empire than save Padme and his unborn child. Anakin failed to control the Dark Side; it controlled him. Quickly.

I don't think the Dark Side is something a person can access when needed for extra power and then put back on the shelf, as it were. I think it takes over a person, and they begin to crave that power more and more, and they need to act in more and more aggressive ways in order to increase their power. An example there is Anakin needing to slaughter younglings in order to be stronger in the Dark Side.

So, I personally don't think a person can dabble with the Dark Side and use it for good without it taking them over and fueling the worst desires of their nature. That's just my opinion.

Big Boss, jc1138, arjank and 2 others like this.
  16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    It doesn't work that way. Hate corrupts, and even if you're fighting on the side that's right your hate will lead you to do things that are wrong. The ends do not always justify the means. I know this to be a fact learned through personal experience. And in a universe where magic like powers exist the stakes are even higher for those that give into their darker nature.

17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes I accepted the specific terms defined yesterday and I like the term duelists. :cool::greensaber:

Dra--- likes this.
  18. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    The Dark Side isn't just some specific tricks you do, the lightning and the choking, but you have to actually use your fear, anger and hate to release these powers. This means that yes, you have to be and become evil to use the Dark Side. mihaitzateo, you are simply wrong.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Enough.

20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Guys, maybe chill out. This is supposed to be fun. Take the bets, you don't have to lose any money. Surely the crow would be satisfaction enough.

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    If my memory serves me correctly, I distinctly remember a poster saying the Luke scene from the 2nd teaser couldn't be on Jakku because there were rocks in the scene. And Jakku's surface was a complete desert. Well, I've now seen rocks in the full trailer during the Falcon chase scene. The Battlefront Jakku footage. The new Disney Infinity trailer footage. And in the concept art. So, is that scene still not thought to be on Jakku? Is it indeed, another desert planet? If Luke (as alluded to in the 'Weapon of a Jedi' book, was to start an Academy? It would be on the planet featured in that at in old temple. And that planet was not a desert planet, was it? So, the question is now very pertinent. IS that scene at the aftermath of the village massacre on Jakku? It certainly seems that way to me..Just a little point I thought to make :)

22. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    And... you're done.

23. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Vrogas Vas from Vader down series has a rock like environment + old Jedi temple ruins, but also some desert kind of area. It is a little hard to see and they seem to hide the environment from this comic a little. This makes me suspicious. ;)

Darth_Voider, yassir.khan and Satipo like this.
  24. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Could still be Jakku with those rocks, but they look like very distinctive structures to me, so it's still not conclusive. I totally see what you're saying though. It could well be.

nightangel and Jcuk like this.
  25. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Just because.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.