main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Yeah, and let me stress that he was signing free of charge. He was paid to be there from the CCG company for 2 hours and stayed all day. It's not like he was there making $25 an autograph like most convention guests where it makes sense to stay as long as you can.

He stayed all day because he wanted to. To thank the fans. And he did it with a smile, a handshake, and personal exchanges.

Gemma, Episode Swag, Six and 12 others like this.
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    T-R-

Thanks for sharing that. It's not the first time I've read things like this about Mark, but it always brings a smile to my face and hey, there's always the fan new to Star Wars, who may not yet realize how lucky we are to have him.

And they say don't meet your childhood heroes. :D True for most, maybe, but clearly, not with Mark.

4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Is this a troll thread?

5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I met him at the London convention a couple of years back... I got a good photo with him at no charge - he seemed like a genuinely nice bloke.

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    My pleasure Trebor. I met a lot of other actors and athletes that I considered heroes who disappointed me.

For the rest of my life I'll tell that story and hopefully tell my kids one day.

It's a good lesson. Some people can play heroes. Some people can be heroes. It's very rare for a person to do both.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You mean the title and poll options? I thought the same thing. Since people are enjoying discussing Mark, though, I'm tempted to change the thread title and poll...

8. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Maybe both Mark and Ewan are both under strict non-disclosure orders. I really can't see Mace being in the movie though.

Episode Swag likes this.
  9. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I agree.

10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I wouldn't object to a change of the thread title, just because whenever I see it the word trombone pops into my head.

eht13 likes this.
  11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    *Thread merge*

Dewback likes this.
  12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, the thread title has been changed to not sound so negative... this has already become a general discussion of Hamill, his acting, and his POSSIBLE appearance in Ep. VII and beyond.

13. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Pretty shocked by this. He's like 30x the actor Harrison Ford is. The difference...Harrison Ford is a leading man type who made a living at playing Harrison Ford.

14. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    IMDB and Wikipedia says that Mark hamill, Carrie Fisher, And harrison ford will be in Episode 7. WIkipedia is never wrong about movies and tv shows But I posted a link to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/?ref_=nv_sr_1 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Star_Wars_Episode_VII

But we still don't know how The sequel trilogy will co-exist with the expanded universe. We could get an x-wing tv series based form the expanded universe plus timothy zahn was asked by lucasfilms to write more novels of the star wars expanded universe and maybe being part of a somewhat expanded universe reboot.

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    It's funny that IMDB and Wikipedia say that, because the "Big 3" have NOT been officially confirmed yet. And both sites CAN be wrong.

Edit: That Wikipedia page says "It appears likely that cast members Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill andCarrie Fisher from Episodes IV, V, and VI will appear in the film.", while the IMDB page says "(rumored)". Come on.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's a thread for this sort of discussion:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-universe-discussion-thread.50006159/page-322

Jedi Merkurian and eht13 like this.
  17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Sorry if I was off topic.

18. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    And they will be in it, Harrison ford already sighned on and mark hamill was getting in shape for the role of luke, Carrie fisher going to be in it.

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    First of all, please use the EDIT function to add to your posts instead of making back-to-back posts.

Second, it is NOT officially confirmed they will be in it. We don't know that Harrison signed on, that Mark was getting in shape for the role, or that Carrie is going to be in it. They PROBABLY will be, it appears likely, and fans hope for it. But it is not established yet.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    [face_laugh]:oops::_|

21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    It seems every page so far has use for that Joker vid.

22. Axel.Prin

Axel.Prin Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2013
    Stop spamming the boards with your video.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    T-R- likes this.
  24. Axel.Prin

Axel.Prin Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2013
    OK Thanks, sorry i didn't really knew where to post it ^^"

25. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013

Here's something fairly recent with Hamill in a live-action-ish setting. In the clip, as far as I could see, he needs to improve himself physically. The acting bit, he's got it down I feel. It's from 1:28-1:38

markdeez33 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.