main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    What I mean is, that isn't a new practice... he could have asked for another form of compensation than off Net Profit.

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Yet Alec, Harrison, Ewan, and others get a pass for their comments.

starocean90 likes this.
  3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    There was a time when Mark wasn't into Star Wars either, around Wing Commander. He wanted to be known for more than just Luke. He was trying to put SW behind him. And I purposely made sure I did not bring SW up when my friend and I interviewed him. Mark had to and he appreciated that.

I have not heard Prowse's comments nor do I wish to, but I am familiar with the others.

Harrison and Ewan had issues with the dialog and filming. And Guiness was irked all anyone remembered him for was Star Wars.

You'll find many folks having issues with these types of films especially if they're not into or prepared for what comes up on set. I mean look at how many times Duchovny goes back and forth about The X-Files? And yet they still want him back.

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    In my "head canon," the SE re-dubbed a single name in that conversation, from "Obi-Wan," to "your mother."

LUKE: Come away with me. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate!
    VADER: Your mother once thought as you do.

Even though Luke would still "win" the confrontation, how menacing would that have made Vader?

Redimet, T-R-, darthjj88 and 2 others like this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    that would have been cool to see and would have made you think he killed the mother which watching III later on, tells you although he didn't kill her, he was the cause of her death.[face_devil]

VMeran, Revanfan1, Redimet and 3 others like this.
  6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Remember, as far as Vader knows, he killed Padme.

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but it's true that with what's canon it works better with mother as Kenobi did not try to redeem him in the movies (unless he tried between III and IV) whereas Padme tried until Kenobi crashed the party.:)

nightangel likes this.
  8. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Of course Luke isn't going to kill Han. No one is. They will milk Han like a giant cashcow. I can imagine the eventual "Han meets Star-Lord" spinoff.

Shamear likes this.
  9. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Shivers.

Flapjack4 and T-R- like this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :rolleyes::oops::rolleyes:

And there was much groaning....

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Vader might have interpreted Obi-Wan's "the chancellor is evil!" as one last attempt to redeem him by argument.

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't know,[face_dunno]
    Kenobi doesn't really try to redeem Anakin, he is there to kill him in the first place and while trying to kill him he tries to give him chances to redeem himself which are ineffective so he continues to try to kill him. Luke on the other hand sees the good in Vader and urges him numerous times to come with him and does not intent on killing Vader, so how can Kenobi have had in III the same thought as Luke when the scenarios are different unless the met between III and IV and Kenobi tried to actually redeem Anakin and not kill him.

nightangel likes this.
  13. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Which is why I would not mind if they did a Kenobi spinoff and Obi-Wan confronted Vader and tried to get through to him cause that would fix that continuity.

starocean90 likes this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I actually want them to do a Kenobi spinoff where he confronts Vader (Kenobi Trilogy :D ), it's my only personal desire from the spinoffs beyond that they could do whatever they wanted.[face_devil]

Trebor Sabreon, VMeran and Redimet like this.
  15. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    I feel like when the trilogy is over will have a few years of a break and then will get a Kenobi spin off a KOTOR spin off and a TV show focusing on our original trilogy characters directly after ROTJ and in that show they might even pull some Heir to the Empire material. I want to know what Luke did in his prime.

starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :confused: But wouldn't confronting Vader earlier than IV hasten Obi-Wan's demise? And throw Luke's training out of continuity - i.e. Luke would not know who Kenobi was...

17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

yes, and there are worse things Kenobi did, like not telling the truth to Luke, even when he was on the way to confront Vader on Bespin. What did he expect what would happen there? He for sure knew that Luke was not ready to confront him, so he accepted that he could be killed there. He still had the other new hope, so....(yeah, Yoda was not much better regarding this) :rolleyes:

starocean90 likes this.
  18. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I don't know, it's kind of like Luke and Vader fighting before TESB in the Marvel comics. They shouldn't mess with continuity. In ANH Vader says: "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master." It clearly means they haven't seen since their last encounter on Mustafar, when Anakin had "left" him.

19. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    I think Obi-Wan knew that he could not control Luke because he did try to do that with Anakin and it back fired. As for redeeming Anakin he fought him just after Anakin betrayed him I think he was more focused on punishing Anakin for what he did rather then trying to save him, he wanted justice for the personal harm he felt and for all his friends that Anakin got killed.

nightangel likes this.
  20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but Luke ignoring Kenobi/Yoda and doing what he felt was the right was at the end the good choice. Luke was able to "grow up" and he wouldn't have been wise beyond his years in VI if he hadn't faced Vader and learned the truth (psychological and physical effects of the duel). So there are positives in everything.[face_devil]

nightangel likes this.
  21. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    Or, no matter what Obi-Wan says, there really is such a thing as 'luck'

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

=D= And there you have it, Luke doing what he felt was right and it was. :)

23. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

100% agree :)^:)^

T-R-, Master_Lok and starocean90 like this.
  24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it is after all advice from Kenobi,:p

nightangel likes this.
  25. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Good old Gandalf-Wan-Kenobi, and his vague advice!

sizziano likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.