main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

I agree and I like your scenario much better than only handing him the lightsaber as it seems to happen sadly. ;)

2. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    It's sad to think that these new rumors are likely true. If the Big 3 were in a scene together at all, wouldn't you think a photo of Ford, Fisher, and Hamill (out of costume) in front of Pinewood would have come out like on Twitter or something?

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Sorry for being a bit pedantic with my first post.

When Luke arrives at Cloud City Vader carefully arranges for him to be led to the Carbon Freezing Chamber, that's why Leia and Chewie are paraded before him and they in turn lead Luke to Vader. If you recall Luke follows them through a doorway that turns out to be an elevator and takes him to the Carbon Freezing Chamber, so he couldn't rescue them even if he hadn't become distracted by Vader.

Without Lando's people could Luke, Leia and Chewie really have gotten to Boba Fett, defeated him and got Han's frozen body back?

4. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    No. Lando was essential.

Django Fett likes this.
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    What I don't get with this rumour is why Mark would need to first be as fit as he's supposed to have gotten, secondly why go to the trouble of growing a beard for a few seconds filming?

6. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    Or be at the table read.

7. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    As someone who isn't a huge fan of bringing the OT cast back, this news makes me far more confident that JJ knows he has to make a great film, not some sort of lousy OT-remake with cheap fan-service.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

a table read when you have no line of dialogue. Would be hilarious. [face_devil][face_whistling]

9. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    No worries, I was kidding :)

I know that he was being herded, but I also think he let himself be herded. He was itching for the fight and he bought in, otherwise, he would have attempted to cut through one of the doors with his lightsaber. He was angry, overconfident, flat-out arrogant when he started out. He learned a lesson, and you could see the restraint in rotj he didn't have on Bespin. Anyway, that's how I read Empire.

Had Luke stayed on target, worked his way out of Vader's cattle chute, then he could have hooked up with the released crew and maybe made the 30 seconds difference in getting to the Slave I before it could take off. Just maybe.

10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    To start the regimen so he's ready for Episode 8?[face_dunno]

Like I said before though, the beard certainly comes into question and can actually support the one scene. If he filmed that scene in June or July when the beard was a certain length and THEN filmed another scene later in, say, August or September, wouldn't his beard have to be the same length? I mean it would make no sense to have him film one scene near the end of the movie with one beard length and then film another scene that has a much longer beard length. He'd have to trim it for consistency sake.
    So the continued beard was a misdirection.

But geez-making people think he was in the film longer than a few seconds by wearing a beard? That's just downright mean (and somewhat disrespectful) to fans.

11. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    As much as I don't want this latest rumour to be true. Somehow it feels like the most plausible one to date.

Krueger likes this.
  12. Lady Warp Spasm

Lady Warp Spasm Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2015
    I am waiting to see if the Luke rumors change yet again in the coming months. Every month there is something new so I won't be surprised if there's an about face about how small or big Luke's role is.

13. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Just out of interest, how many minutes of screen time do Han and Luke share in TESB?

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    About two or three. If that.

15. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    By all accounts, Max Von Sydow is in a handful of scenes in Act 1, and he was not present at the cast table read. Neither were Nyong'o, Christie or Pip Anderson, and leaks suggest these characters in multiple scenes. . . Yet Hamill has a much smaller role than these people but it was essential that he was there at the table read through the whole script? Was he there just to show face for the photo op so the fanboys don't freak out about Luke's absence? He was sat between Serkis and Daniels so I assumed he had dialog with those two characters...

markdeez likes this.
  16. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    This is hilarious.

Lucas tells everybody that they're not using his story and that The Force Awakens is now based on the older characters instead of focusing on the newer characters. Everybody goes crazy. Then this rumour comes out that there'll be very little Luke and Han will die in the movie. Bat**** crazy again.

MODified: Language.

17. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Not a great deal of time together. I have the script so could try and work it out at some point.

18. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

I make it about the same, we have the tauntaun scene, medical bay then over the commsystem.

Widely regarded as the best of six movies yet our heroes spend the majority of the movie on opposite sides of the galaxy. I just can't see these latest rumours being all that different on the face of it.

coxie0520 and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  19. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    She also yells "Luke, it's a trap!" to him, so you can say they shared that scene...

But I see your point, and generally regard your question as a rhetorical one. ;)

20. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Me too, but if it is true then SW would deserve to suffer greatly for it, IMO.

It is an OT remake with cheap fan service, it's just that the only character that JJ feels matters is Han Solo. The cheap fan service is Han as the lead and Harrison getting his wish for Han to die. TFA is partially making up for the supposed "mistake" of letting Han survive ROTJ.

nightangel likes this.
  21. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    ignore post

22. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    Mark didn't lose all that weight to come back for 5 seconds. If it was no more than a cameo why would Lucasfilm even insist on it?? Luke Skywalker is BACK. Believe it! :cool:

markdeez, T-R-, nightangel and 3 others like this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Gotta **** out entire profanities. Final warning about language.

24. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    nightangel

It is no different to Luke destroying the Death Star, let alone surviving that battle for five minutes.

Plus, you guys are criticising the story based on RUMOURS by GOD KNOWS WHO.

For all you know they don't defeat the villain but simply manage to survive.

Plus, you don't know the skill level of either the heroes or the villain - you just assuming the heroes are rookies and the villain is an expert.

And it should hardly be a surprise that the new heroes are going to battle the new villain - why on earth would Abrams have Luke fight the bad guy in a movie that is supposed to introduce Finn and Rey as the new stars? Also, the bad guy can't fight Luke because Luke would kill him.

25. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    it would still be similar to how Obi-Wan faced Darth Vader in ANH.

nightangel and ChildOfWinds like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.