main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Lets face it. Harrison Ford is the safest bet for a lead part.

2. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I will be as simple as i can with this now. Everyone who has been in a relationship knows irony is crap, on paper, anyway.

The ending of a movie is very, very important. A lot of Hollywood blockbusters have bad endings and don't care about building a tension to it, rather having a routine transportation to end credits. I like this ending actually, with Luke and Rey. But i hope Luke is more in the movie. Do i think this will be en ending we will see? If the MSW leak is true i will say no. We will not see Luke and Rey. The ending, is that important....something is very wrong with this.

3. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I don't know. I still think Luke sitting around and waiting for the next "chosen one" is what Yoda and Obi Wan would want Luke to do. But Luke's his own man. I could see him trying to do the wise man thing but right when Kylo Ren is fighting Rey and Finn and the kids are losing, Luke shows up and beats the cr** out of him.

nightangel likes this.
  4. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    It's not the sitting and waiting that I don't believe. It's the...

WE REALLY DON'T SEE A SINGLE SCENE IN LUKE'S POINT OF VIEW? AT ALL?....

nightangel likes this.
  5. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Ford could have demanded to be billed above Mark for ROTJ (he already had Raiders and Blade Runner under his belt) - but didn't because he accepted that the story was really about Luke, not Han.

I find it hard to believe after all these years of not wanting to even talk about Star Wars or Solo very much - all of a sudden Ford wanted to have the lead role for the sequel to ROTJ.

6. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    I'm saying he's the biggest acting star. The most onscreen experience in big roles. It's safer for him to be the lead in old age than Mark Hamill. ( Even though Mark is extremely talented)

7. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Ford has been a part of a few movies in the past few years where he was in a co-starring capacity and not in the lead role. He was the bigger star in those flicks too.

8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

You'd never keep that a secret all the way through though.

I'm also not sure we can say with any seriousness based on our own prejudices that JJ clearly prefers Han over Luke. No one involved is going to forget about Luke or throw him under the bus out of of some playground preference. Even if this whole one scene thing is all we're getting, there will be a plan for Luke and in the long term, I bet you he'll come out of it well.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    It's not of matter of it being cookie cutter to have Luke Running the Academy and Mommy Leia and Poppa Han still arguing on the Falcon. That's just a natural progression of the story where we left form "Return of the Jedi". It's up to the writers to take that and make it interesting. It won't just be a rehash of the stories from the old-EU books, I believe this is where Lucas was going. This trilogy was the passing the torch trilogy but the original heroes have to pass that torch.

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Didn't really think that I would seriously consider the idea of LucasFilm/Disney actively feeding us false rumors, but I have to say that I'm starting to lean in that direction.

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    isn't it weird that sites say reliable sources, sometimes even old friends that do work in Lucasfilm said that Luke is evil or crazy or he's Uber Luke or he's Luke that obliterates Kylo, and now Luke is nothing but a cameo. Wouldn't this mean those reliable sources were either lying or misinformed in the first place and spreading false info unknowingly???[face_dunno]

12. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I don't think it's Disney per se, but Lucasfilm and JJ, that's a different story.

starocean90 likes this.
  13. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

I would be happy with Gandalf/ Obi-Wan level status in at least one, I think (which sounds like Han's level in VII maybe), which I think we will see over the course of the ST.

14. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

or not reliable

starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  15. LionHeartV1

LionHeartV1 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2014
    I honestly think its gonna depend on the full length trailer to make a reliable judgement. From what we see of that we can start to put the pieces together to what is confirmed and what is not. Though trailers are misleading sometimes at least we will have some sort of visual evidence.

16. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Well, the cool thing is. If Luke is showed at all it'll be a sign that the rumor of one scene is crap.

Django Fett and T-R- like this.
  17. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    If Luke has only one scene it could still be in the full trailer. The very first image shown in The Dark Knight's teaser was the last image of the completed film.

18. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Unless it's that particular scene...

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's a crap! Rumor!

Nipuhanipera and Master_Lok like this.
  20. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Not if it's the only scene with Mark, no way they're gonna show that.

I'd love to see Lupita... get a feel for the sort of work they've done with her character.

Aside from that... shots of Han and Leia of course, dialogue scenes with Poe and Rey.

21. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I've never kept it "a secret" that I think the rumour is not true? We've only had this info for a couple of days so not sure what you mean? In terms of Han and Luke... I don't think I've ever claimed that Abrams clearly prefers Han??? Whatever Abrams does, I presume that he thinks it's best for the story rather than just a simple childhood preference. That doesn't mean his ideas are good, because from a storytelling perspective I think Abrams is very weak... but I don't doubt he has good intentions. Again, not sure why you believe I think he prefers Han?

22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I'm not even sure how that applies.

Ford plays Han and Hamill plays Luke. If Han is the father of either Rey and Ren then you want him there plus you can kill him off and have Luke take over.

In terms of acting Hamill is just as safe a bet when it comes to Star Wars and these characters. Now if this was a totally different project then sure but it's not.

T-R- and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I do hope Mark takes on more acting opportunities.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  24. Malak Taus

Malak Taus Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2014
    It could all be true at the same time (and from a certain point of view):
    While Mark Hamill could have indeed participated in only the shooting of a pair of scenes, that doesn't mean Luke Skywalker -the character- will not be featured prominently: both in the possibility of visions from the past (where another actor would portray the character) and also as a Presence that is referred to and felt during the entire run of the story: from the probable mention of his name during the opening crawl till the ending where he might get his lightsaber back. And other famous rumors could have some merit to them as well: Luke Skywalker could very well be the mysterious cloaked figure depicted in some conceptual art, apparently of obscure nature. He could easily have shrouded himself, masquerading as something or someone else during his supposed exile. This could have given some insiders the wrong impression that Skywalker had turned to the darkside...

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    He could also have performed a voice over/narration track, well they're breaking tradition with flashbacks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.