main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    There does seem to be a bit of a problem here, in that when MSW posts the things he does know, he (quite reasonably) adds his interpretation of what it means.
    That's fine, but there does seem to be a bit of defensiveness when people form other ideas, or draw different conclusions. Again, that'd be fine in itself. But there's then an extra layer of defensiveness when MSW's interpretations change as new information comes to light.
    I don't think anyone is saying that MSW is anything other than legit, but it does seem that there is a slightly unreasonable expectation that their interpretations of what things mean are taken as seriously as, and respected as much as, the actual concrete information which is posted.

I could be wrong, but it seems to be that the only thing that MSW has had to retract are the conclusions reached - for me, that makes MSW's interpretations of stuff completely up for debate now - the information is useful, the interpretations, apparently not so much - they seem as guilty as anyone as forcing what info they have into the narrative they want, with an added layer of being in the position of being in the know, and respected as a result.

I'm not meaning to have a go at anyone - I appreciate the effort in putting rumours into some sort of context, but it does seem pretty clear that the right conclusions aren't always being reached...

2. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    We will see Mark as Luke in at least three scene's, with beard that is [face_hypnotized]

Michaea and T-R- like this.
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I wonder if we ever gonna see Luke doing some amazing things with the force inbetween VI and VII in any form (spin-off, animated etc.), before he goes into hiding. Latest rumours about a new animated series after Rebels hints to a series about VII charcters. :rolleyes:

Just bought the amazing Thrawn Trilogy radio drama with a 14 CD-box (sadly it is a German only radio play), but with original German OT synchronisation actors. Something more like that would be cool.

starocean90 and Hoggsquattle like this.
  4. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    No, but that is what many people are expecting, from movie-goers to casual fans to devoted fans.

Lucasfilm and Disney are smart and taking such care with the franchise that if the Big Three were not actually reuniting on screen that they would not allow the expectation to continue. In fact, they would have anticipated it from the outset.

Whether is is right or wrong for people to expect such a reunion is irrelevant - people will and those in charge knew from the beginning they would.

Where are those TV rumours coming from?

nightangel likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    And there you go, decoding can produce errors and there is a strong chance MSW is being fed misinformation.

I appreciate what Jason does, but it's very hard to believe reports that are decoded without footage and/or a shooting script. And the more I think about it, the more I think J.J.'s confession was timed perfectly. Shortly after that the flood gates of chaos opened wide, I do not believe everything I read (Marvel comics and Apple hyperbole taught me that a long time ago and continue to), so I will continue to sit on my expectations.

I am glad J.J. already made Finn and Poe intriguing to me. That's the first step, now if he can do the same for Rey, Ren and Serkis' Sith even better. Add Luke in there and I'm golden.

Michaea and nightangel like this.
  6. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    Indeed, like what actually happens in Empire Strikes Back:

Luke dies at the begining and he is taken to the after life by Obi-Wan

[​IMG]

No worries, Han becomes a Jedi:

[​IMG]

Only to later join Vader and he betrays his friends

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All is not lost, it seems Luke wasn't dead and at the very end, he comes back and kills Vader to set up the ultimate fight between Han and Luke for the last film...can't wait!
    [​IMG]

7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

In the Canon folder someone commented about a Filoni statement that Rebels will run around 4 years and then a VII character series will follow.

starocean90 likes this.
  8. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Darn, I misread your post and thought you were talking about a post-RotJ series :p

What is "Canon Folder"?

9. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Why would Kylo Ren be called Kira? The final scene is with Rey and Luke.

10. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

I meant this one :)

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...cw-comics-novels-and-the-st.50018649/page-261

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  11. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

Not a bad idea but it could fall into "fridging" territory which I'm sure they are keen to avoid....but that being said we still have a fair few young actresses in the movie that have so far (as far as I know had their roles identified) Never even contemplated one of these young 'uns could be mrs Luke Skywalker. My vote would be Maisie for Mum, Crystal for daughter perhaps? (Still holding out for Luke to have a daughter!)

12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Cheers ;)

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  14. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Oh my. Gonna be a lot of geek heartbreak/frustration come December. :(

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    That would be awesome if it wasn't clearly Obi-Wan's body.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wow what a buzzkill.

Michaea and TheBBP like this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Sorry brother, but I have seen that image so many times that it's automatic.

[​IMG]

18. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

nothing like nerd rage, the most potent of form of anger...luckily for those of us who just want a great well crafted film this guy doesn't care :D

[​IMG]

19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    this sucks. Luke should be a dominant feature in at least the first film.

20. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    He should be. I have pretty much given up that Ep7 wont have any real sig Luke scenes, and the fact that he wont share a scene with Han Solo - if indeed Solo does die which is a very likely case. If Luke's role is significantly beefed up in Ep 8 and 9, I can let this go. But the worst part is that the Big3 wont share a scene together. Thats just terribly terribly sad and heartbreaking. What a poor decision by Abrams, Kasdan, Kennedy, and the idiots who run Disney.

I posted long ago that when the ST was announced - I felt it wasnt a wise move. I think they should have just done other stories (like the spinoff films) or gone way ahead into the future or way back in the past (KOTOR). This way you cant divide the fanbase with this one huge sticking point - half of the people will probably love Ep7, half will prob hate it because of no Luke and no Big3 together.

21. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Its especially stark after all the right books together

22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Pj, that comment wasn't aimed at you - just the secret part in terms of marketing - ie could you keep Mark Hamill being in the movie a total secret.

23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Books?

They'll have done it to themselves and will only have themselves to blame.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

I just hope they change the animation style by then.

25. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    He was, it was called A New Hope.
    Then there were the prequels; they were about Anakin.
    This trilogy is about some other people; a girl and a couple of guys.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.