main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Is that the video in which he only talked about Daisy? That might end up proving a few things.

2. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014

Oh I see, I get it now......

CairnsTony likes this.
  3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Key quote:

"We're just there to lend our support, and grow contractually-obligated beards." :)

Love Mark Hamill.

Michaea likes this.
  4. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

Thanks! Also there is access to pieces of the script without the dialog but it has the notes, so its not awful. Not at all. I know who was in scenes and when. We have access to scene numbers and the dates they were shot. Yeah, it ain't the script but its probably better than most empirical evidence. When the script makes its way into my hands, it will simply be a fresh coat of paint to the primer we've laid down.

J.J.'s confession is completely coincidental. This was in someones hands for a very long time and it had thing to do with Abrams' words. The connection is coincidental is all.

starocean90 and TheBBP like this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    MakingStarWars: Hey Jason. Thanks for all the info. I have a question: do you have access to every scene in the movie? Or are there some scenes you aren't privy to? Thanks.

6. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Every shot/sequence is accounted for.

7. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Daisy Ridley.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Good cause I'd like to know where the F Poe is during the entire middle half of the movie. My theories are:
    A) He's at home binge watching the new season of House of Cards
    B) He's off in the Marvel Universe fighting the X-Men
    C) He's actually there the entire time but everybody just ignores him and pretends he doesn't exist (just like how some people treat the prequels)

:p

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

I appreciate your candor and explanation. I remain skeptical: not to you or the work you do, but to the information itself.

Naturally, if what you reported is indeed correct, I'll roll with it then. I do not believe everything I read and I am working on not letting expectations get involved.

If what you reported is incorrect, well, that stinks too because I'd hate to see you guys get taken advantage of.

Regardless, I will continue to visit MSW and read your posts here. And I will add, I hope you're wrong about Luke, but in the friendliest manner possible. :D

Darth Claire - LOL at where Poe is. I'll take option B despite that being so darn wrong.

10. PlagueisWise

PlagueisWise Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 28, 2015
    Hi All, I've been following this site since back around Episode II's release but this is my first time posting. I wanted to vent a bit considering all of the rumors that are flying around right now concerning Luke's role and how this seems to be affecting a lot of the rumors we've been hearing the last few months.

First of all I just want to thank MakingStarWars for keeping us all in the know about everything. He shares what he knows and without him we would have had nothing to read an speculate on between the drips of official information we've been given. But these latest rumors about Luke (and recent posts concerning the identities of Daisy Ridley and Domhnall Gleeson's characters) have caused my interest in the entire new trilogy to take a nose dive. I'll be the first to admit that Star Wars for me is the story of the Skywalker family and the eternal struggle between the light and dark sides of the force. My favorite parts are the family drama and the battles between Jedi and Sith. But from everything we're hearing, there is no new Skywalker or Solo child to be found. Daisy is her own character completely unrelated to the Skywalker bloodline and Gleeson isn't Luke's son. I'm all for expanding the universe beyond that family but these numbered Episodes have always been about that family. Adding on to that is the notion that Kylo Ren is simply a guy looking to restart the Sith and all connective tissue to the past seems gone. These films seem to be just tacked on. I hope I'm wrong here. But when rumors of Luke being a driving force keeping Uber back turn into one or two scenes with the character bookending the film, I question what the point is in labeling this Episode VII. If this isn't the story of the Skywalker family, which was the driving force behind Episodes I-VI, then why even label this Episode VII and get people's hopes up. Surely Disney realizes that a large portion of the fan base expected the line to continue.

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    soooo............................. Making thinks he will get the script at some point.:confused:

nightangel and TheBBP like this.
  13. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Maybe it will be the cheese to go with the whine being spread all around here.

HanSolo29 and starocean90 like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If the Art of Star Wars The Force Awakens includes the script, we'll all get it eventually. (Many Art of books included them. I don't know if this is still the case though.) :p

15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    not convinced it will,
    "but but Spoilerman said that there might different scripts on set with different names of people, planets, locations......."[face_devil]

16. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I know there have been illustrated screenplays. But, I think the art book is only production art stuff. Probably not all the storyboards or script.

17. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I already admit that I will be skeptical, but if it helps bring closure to much of the pouting around here, than I am all for it.

HanSolo29 , Satipo and starocean90 like this.
  18. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    I'm sure the script will be across the net for download next year too.

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

We should be able to buy a legit copy by next year.

20. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Including the scene with Leia and the five hutts? ;)

In any event, thanks!

21. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Why is Art of The Force Awakens so cheap? I thought these books are always fat, juicy and expensive... I'll buy it but I want something huge.

22. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Don't despair yet, Mr. Plagueis. There are a few things still on the table that may interest you. Namely, it's still a strong possibility that Rey and Kylo Ren are the children of Han and Leia. It's also possible that they both trained with Luke sometime before the time period of TFA, and that something went wrong, leading Kylo to be kidnapped by a Sith Lord (Uber?) and Rey to be carted off to Tatooine. Or something. We also know that Rey will visit Luke at the end of TFA, with the likely intention of being trained as a Jedi.

If the above is true (as some speculate, including the source of these rumors at MSW), then the family drama you crave may still be in play.

Satipo likes this.
  23. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The "Art Of" books for AOTC and ROTS contained the script and were published a few weeks before the movies came out. J.J. may have different ideas, though.

Zuckuss the Ruckuss likes this.
  24. J.J.Abrams

J.J.Abrams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2014
    Actually, you can take a time out.

25. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    J.J. Abrams would never say such thing and I wish there was a 'report' button or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.