main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    These actions won't help sell MSW t-shirts.

PS: my gypsy comments earlier was just goofing around. but I'm glad my joke turned into a disaster. earn that mod salary chorus!

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  2. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    Actually i would mind Luketeaser if it means we're getting to see the same old ESB routine in EP8.

Too much rhyming for me--

Dra--- likes this.
  3. AusDave79

AusDave79 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 26, 2014

I enjoy Making Starwars site but I agree it's like getting a piece here and there and then trying to make sense of it all. I will tell myself again and again, only 9 months to go.:_|

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We are gonna be like addicts when merchandise is released, deciphering every line on pics of the backs of action figure cards and whatnot.

5. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    [​IMG]

6. AusDave79

Nov 26, 2014

I collect Stormtrooper Figures, I have more than I like to admit for a man in his well 30s[face_blush] but the excitement come September when the new Figures are released is going to be a mind melt for me. Plus the next trailer will be huge like the last one. PS In the end we are getting more Starwars for better if you ask me as I don't care to much how good Force Awakens will be as there is always another movie to look forward to in the future. PS I still think this movie will ROCK.=D=

thejeditraitor likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Same here, on all counts. Only, I have Sidious swag everywhere rather than Stormtroopers. However, the new Stormtrooper design is so darn sexy that I will buy pretty much anything pertaining to them.

8. AusDave79

Nov 26, 2014

God we have to see a army of new Stormtroopers in the new trailer, I will have to take a day off work to recover.:D

9. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That is so true!

10. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    MakingStarWars' reaction here reminds me a little bit of Bob Orci and his reaction towards criticism over at TrekMovie.com...

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    But MSW has been proven right already a few times. There was no need for this unpleasantness. He doesn’t run a shameless “clickbait” site like slashfilm or Latino Review. Oh well.

12. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I most looking forward to the toys of things that aren't in the movie at all, like Crowd Control Stormtrooper, Cruise Missile Trooper, etc.

I want a Jawa Dune Buggy

I was reminded of childhood when I didn't get something my way...

[​IMG]

That means nothing if a person can't be civil.

13. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Chorus didn't call it clickbait, Jason did. Chorus called it hit-generating, which it factually is, and expressed skepticism of the changeable rumors. I thought it was pretty mild and not at all a personal attack. Sadly, it just devolved from there.

Last word: when someone calls another forum member a slur in clear violation of the rules, gets banned for it, then acts like he's being persecuted, I have little patience for them.

Myself656, Han Drolo, Dra--- and 12 others like this.
  14. DaddlerTheDalek

Aug 31, 2014
    I know that. But He seems to get angry too fast. I think he should work on that.. And yes, there was really no need for this unpleasantness. [face_sigh]

15. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

[​IMG]

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Hi guys. I'd be more than glad to discuss this with any of you but not in this thread. Let's move on and not defile poor Luke's thread with any more joylessness.

17. Ligenot

Ligenot Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    It's Lindellof!

18. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Pretty much no Luke in the next SW film in the Skywalker saga leads to joylessness.

19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    You are kidding yourself if you don't think that he is oversensitive to folks showing skepticism. Regardless, skepticism isn't bad. The same sources that we are being told that are legit now have been feeding him info for months that much of has turned out to be bunk. I have said it many times before, what he has done for the fans is great, but he cannot expect us to need more than "believe me".

Mark has talked about in separate interviews about going from trailer to sound stage. His trailer wasn't at SM and I am certain that there is no soundstage there either.

20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    If they didn't plan to use Luke in 8, then they'd kill him off in 7. By having the whole movie be about finding Luke and then actually ending with finding him, it implies he will have an important role in the next film.

This automatic cynicism and negativity is entirely subjective because logic suggests we should be anticipating Luke in a kind of Yoda role in 8.

Revanfan1, DARTH_BELO, Satipo and 6 others like this.
  21. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    I agree wholeheartedly.

While I admit I hate the latest rumors, the thing I hate the most is the aggressive and obnoxious manner in which anyone who disagrees with MSW's latest scoop (which completely contradicts their prior info, i.e Darth Luke) is attacked on here.

If they turn out to be true and my skepticism was misplaced, great pat yourself on the back for a good job. My life will move on. As must as I want to see Luke have a bigger role, I'll get over it and try to enjoy the movie nonetheless.

Claire1976, Master_Lok and TheBBP like this.
  22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Jason was banned? Why?

23. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

Let's put the facts together:

-Luke's academy was destroyed
    -Luke fleed after the attack and left family/friends alone fighting the enemy
    -He did nothing since then and only waited for the next hope to find him (or even not that and the new hope found him by coincidance)
    -Luke has no offspring
    -Luke is only for some seconds in this movie and is doing nothing at all (Luke's lightsaber has more screentime than Luke)
    -Luke does not see Han before he dies (forever gone, since Han cannot appear as force ghost)
    -Leia does not fly with Rey to see/reunite with her long lost brother

Yes, all of this can still turn out very good in the end and can show a great picture of Luke. We know Hollywood can create magic. :rolleyes:

starocean90 and Master_Lok like this.
  24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    At any rate, I hope J.J. posts a cast photo or something soon. I'd like to think they'd throw us a little tauntaun bone well before Celebration.

25. DaddlerTheDalek

Aug 31, 2014
    Are these even real facts? Or still just... you know rumors?

CairnsTony, Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.