main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

I wished he would play in more actual movies and with bigger roles, since he simply always rocks it. :cool:

Knightstalker137 and starocean90 like this.
  2. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I transferred the discussion to Luke's thread before the mods get angry. :p

I have a problem with Rey being trained off-screen, because we never see her connection to Luke develop in any way. And if Luke is killed at the end of VIII, there is no personal drama. [face_worried]

3. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

You see Rey's connection with Luke through VII otherwise the payoff in the ending will be lame.

4. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I really enjoyed Kingsman, but the beginning of the church scene was clearly written by someone who doesn't understand American culture. Under no circumstances that I am aware of, would a religious figure, preaching in a church, use the n word. Nevermind twice. There is certainly a great deal of racism, and pockets of strong racism, in various places across the country. But a preacher doesn't go there in a public sermon. At least, I've never heard of it.

But then Colin Firth goes insane in a way nobody ever though they'd see, and it's glorious.

5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I wonder how they will do this with 30 seconds and handing a lightsaber. Must be the best 30 seconds in cinematic history, especially if there is no dialogue. :rolleyes:

T-R- and starocean90 like this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think we will see Luke training Rey in VIII. Or at least completing her training. But, as I said on Finn´s thread, I believe Luke is gonna end up dying on this trilogy.

7. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Luke fans seems to want two different things from Luke.

1. There are those fans who want Luke to display the leadership qualities of a medieval king. A Richard of Lionheart leading from the front, charging into enemy ranks. These fans want Luke to remain a Jedi Knight, not be a Jedi Master.
    2. There are those fans who want Luke to display the leadership qualities of a legendary sage. A Buddha that sits above the fray, leading from behind, but guiding others to fight the good fight. These fans want Luke to have moved beyond his Jedi Knight phase, and be a Jedi Master.

Personally, I think #2 makes more sense for this universe, and is far more satisfying to me. But I understand the desire for #1 as well.

8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Let's remember that makingstarwars was for a long time the vocal proponent of the Luke is Evil theory. That's what his evidence was telling him then, and his conclusions were based on a lot of interpretation.

Now he's interpreting info that he says is coded -- why would we expect perfect interpretation this time? Has MSW proved before to be very good at it?

So this leads me to believe that there's more Luke in the film than people think right now.

T-R-, jedinightwing, Rabs and 4 others like this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    no cameo Luke.[face_dancing][face_party][face_hypnotized]:D

10. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I absolutely love the fact that you have never been exposed to a bigoted preacher, it means that their message of hatred is not getting out to those that have a good heart. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of videos that feature pastors using the n word as well as other vile words and ideas. It is sad.
    Another reason I do not 100% support the spoilers.

Master_Lok and Dra--- like this.
  11. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    All I'm saying is that I have never heard of a recent case of a bigoted preacher (of which there are quite a few, I know) using the n word in a public sermon. I Said nothing about never having been exposed to a bigoted preacher.

12. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

Would be a dream come true. [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

Dra--- and starocean90 like this.
  13. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    What does MSW even mean when he says his intel is "coded"? is it some kind of encryption? different character names? and if it is, where does he get the confirmation it's giving him a complete picture?

Is it coded in itself? or is it only coded in the way it's presented to him?

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I originally posted this in a different thread but it belongs here instead.

I'm a big Luke Skywalker fan and want him to have a role the same as or a little bigger than Yoda's from the OT. However, I'm an even bigger fan of Star Wars as a whole, and while it wouldn't be ideal to have Luke have a brief cameo and then die early in the next film, it wouldn't destroy Star Wars because Star Wars is bigger than any one character. It would hurt to loose Luke, and I'd be mildly disappointed, but there's noway I'd turn my back on Star Wars. I love the PT nearly as much as I love the OT and it has mid-chlorians, Jar Jar, and a love story that falls flat. If I can look past that I can look past a mishandling of Luke's character. Which at this point I don't put much stock in.

-LordSkywalker-, Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  15. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    What if the big twist has been ruined for us, perhaps throughout the movie Luke speaks through the force to Rey,Finn etc leading the audience to assume he is dead, then at the very end of the movie just as we think all hope is lost for our new hero's an old hope is revealed.

16. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    I like both those options. My ideal scenario would be option #1 for this trilogy, where we really get to see Luke as the warrior Jedi leader. Then have Luke survive and become option #2 for the next trilogy, set maybe 30 years later, where he does truly become the ancient sage like Jedi Master.

17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think "uber warrior Jedi" Luke both goes against what he learned in Return of the Jedi and repeats the same mistakes the Order made in the prequels that ultimately contributed to their ruination.

18. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    I see your point, though I'm not really asking for an uber Jedi, I'd just like to see a Luke that's still actively involved in the conflict.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I Wonder if Mark is Watching Svengoolie and eating Smash Burger?

20. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I think that would have been possible if the ST was filmed in the early 90s. Frankly, trying to portray a 2014 Mark Hamill as a virile, action-oriented Jedi Knight would risk looking very, very silly. Hamill just couldn't carry that, IMO.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  21. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    couldn't he be a combination of two, sort of how Yoda was in the PT (Wise and Powerful but if he had to pull out his lightsaber to do battle, he can still kick some serious butt)?

22. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
  23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

What's a smashburger?

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  24. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I'm the wrong person to ask, as pinball Yoda was, to me, worse than Jar Jar.

Millennium Fairlane and TheBBP like this.
  25. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    He can fight good without fighting like Yoda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.