main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miffy

Miffy Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2015
    Well, just based on this I just went back and spent some time browsing through their ENTIRE article history since early 2013. Guess what - every article clearly marked "rumor" "speculation" and even sourced, always. That is, all but the few pieces they have claiming a real source - and these all claim things that are then confirmed, and begin with the accurate description of the upcoming teaser trailers.

So yeah, go back and browse through it. The only time they actually claimed to have a legit source so far, it was backed up by material released. Every other rumor or speculation was clearly marked as such and sourced.

I just like to be factual, and these are the facts thusfar.

Satipo likes this.
  2. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    When I first envisioned this series I saw master and apprentice fighting their equals on the other side at the same time in the same room.

I'd love for that to still happen.

Trebor Sabreon, Wildcatbarry and T-R- like this.
  3. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    I'm sorry, but what exactly does this prove except that Hamill was on the set of the film he was casted in?

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Ok, so the real sources that told them Gleeson is Luke's son is confirmed? Great!

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    You asked for somebody to post the pic, I did. Why did you ask to see it?

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Did you see the proper pic? The actual one the hand inset is taken from?

7. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    You mean this piece?
    `http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/star-wars-force-awakens-rumors-son-skywalker/

Because he very clearly indicates that they are rumours, by multiple sources, and is treating them as such.

Which is miles apart from what he's claiming these days about the material they're discussing (set in stone, shot at Pinewood, etc).

@ hand pic. Yes, it seems to indicate that it's Luke with R2 - how does this indicate that he's at the Ice Planet, or that that scene is at the village (except for assumptions based on something burning in both scenes?).

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    He may label it as rumor but he clearly says he has 3 trusted sources all telling him the same thing. You are the one that said "the few pieces they have claiming a real source "

He's always claimed to have real sources.

9. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    And he very clearly does - however, the overwhelming majority of his articles was on rumours from all over the web, and clearly indicated and sourced as such.
    The few times he came out and declared something to be most definitely a spoiler - it turned out to be accurate, thusfar. Anything else is clearly marked as a rumor or speculation.
    Be fair.

10. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    MSW claimed that there was to be a quick shot of Han, Leia, Chewie and the droids in the second teaser.

That never happened.

11. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    First off, aren't we getting an extended version of the teaser sometime soon-ish? I remember hearing about that.

Then, so due to one of the multiple things they got right being wrong, they're not credible? Ok then.

12. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Page 773 of this thread. Post #19309.

13. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Whether he writes them as rumor or not has nothing to do with your point about "real sources." That's not new, he's always claimed that. Which is the point to this exchange.

Currently, he claims to have call sheets and clearly states that he is speculating and interpreting those coded call sheets. Even if he has the sheets. Even if they are 100% real. Who's to say they are 100% complete or that they are decoded 100% accurately or that they are interpreted 100% correctly?

My speculation is based on what we've seen. If you don't like it or agree with it, cool [:D] But please don't tell me my speculation is wrong because you believe the speculation of somebody else based on info no one has seen.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Jcuk like this.
  14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Clearly his source saw a version of the teaser, unless you think they guessed the Vader mask plinth shot out of nowhere. We know from Iger that the teaser went through many forms before the Celebration release. Also, regardless of that, it's most likely either a different source or a different batch. The production info is the most up to date info available until it's superseded or debunked by something else. As of yet, official footage or images or info back up the production info (though not necessarily MSW's interpretation) almost 100%

15. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    Only he hasn't claimed that, sorry, you're not being fair there. He's only claimed that very very rarely, and most of that was confirmed later.

Also, he is clearly separating what he claims he was told/given, and his own speculation, two very different things. He is not stating "hey i got this totally legit info and this is what i speculate it means", he clearly indicates "this is what is stated in the documents" and then separates his own speculation based on that.

Insisting on seeing the documents seems silly to me, since that would clearly entail possible legal ramifications if it's confirmed to be Disney/Bad Robot property he's in possession of.

I don't think your speculation is necessarily wrong, I just think at this point it makes sense to frame it against what seems to be credible information until proven otherwise.

16. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Clearly his source saw a version of the teaser, unless you think they guessed the Vader mask plinth shot out of nowhere. We know from Iger that the teaser went through many forms before the Celebration release. Also, regardless of that, it's most likely either a different source or a different batch. The production info is the most up to date info available until it's superseded or debunked by something else. As of yet, official footage or images or info back up the production info (though not necessarily MSW's interpretation) almost 100%

TK327 and Mungo Baobab like this.
  17. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    Exactly, there's a big difference between what has been indicated as production info/code, and what MSW has clearly indicated as his personal speculation. The record for the former thusfar has been spot on.

Satipo likes this.
  18. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    He's already claimed to be in possession of said property and posted about it, so if LFL, Disney, BR wanted to they could already pursue legal ramifications. The fact that they don't speaks volumes to me. Sharing the info shouldn't be a problem if you can post about having it in hand.

Also, the only credible info we have is from the teasers and BTS pics and what the actors said. None of which indicates Academy attack flashback to me.

19. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I can understand the inherent need of some to believe. To have faith. But there are those of us who will always question everything. That's called being rational. It most definitely is not 'petulantly stamping your feet because you're adverse to a MSW rumour'. ;)

20. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    Incredibly easy to dismiss, there's no legal basis there to endanger MSW without solid evidence.

@ Jcuk I consider myself an incredibly sceptical person - that's why I don't give any rumors any credence at all unless something is proven right. The MSW information is the only source so far that has provided information that has actually been backed up, ergo I will tend to view the information (not the speculation) with a little more credulity to it until disproven.

21. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Miffy I respect everyone's opinion. Even if the majority of the time I don't agree with them. And I don't expect anything less in return.

-LordSkywalker-, iluvkoalas and T-R- like this.
  22. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Most of MSW info has been spot on. I don't think people agreeing with that makes them none skeptical, just acknowledging facts. MSW has not been right about everything but I haven't read any post so far saying he has.

Satipo likes this.
  23. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    An extended version of the teaser?? Um, no. Never heard of it.

We've already had TWO teaser trailers.

Expect the next one to be the full trailer which won't come until September I would think.

24. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Very easy to claim there was going to be a shot of Vader's burnt helmet in the teaser. Remember the concept art? Remember that picture of a prop that was to be a concept of Vader's burnt helmet?

25. Miffy

Apr 29, 2015
    I thought I remembered people saying after the Teaser #2 reveal at Celebration that there would be an extended version of it airing before Avengers, but I guess we would know of that by now of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.